Oscar

themightyblue

He's been very inconsistent the last few months, in the most important part of our season... he needs to step it up.

At the moment, Oscar is either very very good in matches or very very average in it. Definitely need to get more consistency into his game. Can't afford to drift in and out of games like yesterday for instance.

Hes still young, and knackered after such a long run of games I agree. Not sure we can afford to bench him though. Maybe drop him into CM to play as a DLP for a while? That would put a bit more impetus into our attack and also put less pressure on him at 10. Then we could play Matic/Oscar in CM and Hazard/Schurrle/Willian in AM. Would that work?

He's not the most creative of players and that is a problem. His assist record isn't good enough and he needs to improve on it. The problem I find with Oscar is there's nothing he does that is specifically outstanding. He works really hard and that works in his favor but on the ball hes not a particularly good dribbler or creative force, hes got a decent shot on him. Alex made a really good point though he does need a rest and that's clear for us to see. I think we need to start Willian in that area of the pitch soon because he looked dangerous at city with his pace in central areas, we can then have Hazard and Salah on either wing.

He's not the most creative of players and that is a problem. His assist record isn't good enough and he needs to improve on it. The problem I find with Oscar is there's nothing he does that is specifically outstanding. He works really hard and that works in his favor but on the ball hes not a particularly good dribbler or creative force, hes got a decent shot on him. Alex made a really good point though he does need a rest and that's clear for us to see. I think we need to start Willian in that area of the pitch soon because he looked dangerous at city with his pace in central areas, we can then have Hazard and Salah on either wing.

Movement. His movement is outstanding, imo. But I agree with you, recently, Willian has mostly been better than Oscar at the #10 position.

Should be dropped in my opinion. Play Willian at #10 and get some games for Schurrle/Salah.

Also the the front 3 of Hazard, willian and shurrle has plenty of workrate and fit into Jose's system. i.e there's no reason not to bench Oscar in favour of that front 3 given his mediocre form of late.

I think Oscar and Willian are too similar - both are perfect for the high-press system, but neither offers much width (like to play centrally) or is creative enough to get many assists and goals. So I agree with what others have said in that since Willian is playing better, it is he who should continue to play bringing in Salah/Schurrle for Oscar. This will add more width, stretching the play (which is especially important on the Stamford Bridge pitch whose narrowness really hinders our play when breaking down a team, I believe) and overall improving the team's performance against teams that sit back.

He has been terrible since Mata left, he does not create chances for the striker or even for other teammates, im really strugglin to justify his place in the team, what is he bringin to the team that Willian is not?? I would actually play Schurrle more instead of him in the next couple of weeks.

He has been terrible since Mata left, he does not create chances for the striker or even for other teammates, im really strugglin to justify his place in the team, what is he bringin to the team that Willian is not?? I would actually play Schurrle more instead of him in the next couple of weeks.

LOL! :lol: