Oscar

themightyblue

"I doubt he would be a starter at City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Tottenham let alone teams like Barca, Real or Bayern."

"Coutinho >>>>>> Oscar."

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Think Oscar has performed ok for us this season. However, fans expecting a traditional (i.e, flamboyant) Brazilian no. 10 or a Mata-type player will be disappointed. That was never his game from what I've seen of him at NT level and with us, Oscar is more of a fetch and carrier type player with the odd bits of skill and creativity. He plays a selfless role in keeping the play moving, allowing others like Hazard and Willian to shine. He reminds a bit of Zinho from Brazil's 1994 World Cup winning team. Not too flashy, but plays a job. You need vertical players like him to rotate the ball in midfield and make the runs to open up play.

I hope he can evolve into an Iniesta-type player, but he needs to improve his strength on the ball first and be more careful in retaining and distributing the ball. He still at times loses possession easily or makes the wrong pass. Reminds me of Hazard a little early this season when he kept squandering possession up the field. Hopefully Mourinho can iron this out of his game.

he had most distance coverage beside matic on yesterday. did a great job, and many good passes delivered by him especially to schurlle in last minute.

and people said he's not chelsea material because he didnt start in city's match? jose's tactic on city clearly doesnt require playmaker at all. be it iniesta or xavi or mata or any world class playmaker wont make it to chelsea's starter against city if jose want it that way.

those people must have drunk on new year's day because they clearly didnt watched oscar against southampton that day.

Man City fan made this comp...

From this video alone you can notice he's still not feeling as comfortable here as he is on the NT. It's true that most of the time he has plenty of space when playing for Brazil, but still he looks way more confident on the ball than in the EPL, trying to beat players 1v1 and difficult/longer passes more often.

From this video alone you can notice he's still not feeling as comfortable here as he is on the NT. It's true that most of the time he has plenty of space when playing for Brazil, but still he looks way more confident on the ball than in the EPL, trying to beat players 1v1 and difficult/longer passes more often.

its true....

But I think it was mainly during the preMatic, however with Matic on the squad, I think everyone will flourished moving forward...

Oscar responsibilities defensively will be lowered and he can play the game at his speed/tempo.

For u guys though, I still think hulk kills u guys more than anyone else. Last season i had a problem with ramires starting on your nt, (hopefully its fernandinho/gustavo for you guys), but hulk is so so useless for brazil. If anything, I would rather have coutinho starting as cam if that meant hulk would lose his starting role.

its true....

But I think it was mainly during the preMatic, however with Matic on the squad, I think everyone will flourished moving forward...

Oscar responsibilities defensively will be lowered and he can play the game at his speed/tempo.

For u guys though, I still think hulk kills u guys more than anyone else. Last season i had a problem with ramires starting on your nt, (hopefully its fernandinho/gustavo for you guys), but hulk is so so useless for brazil. If anything, I would rather have coutinho starting as cam if that meant hulk would lose his starting role.

I don't rate Hulk very highly either. For some reason every manager seems to like him, though. I'd rather use Bernard or Lucas Moura. But he's not too bad I guess.

It took me a while, but analyzing later the City match I realized Mourinho made a choice based on pace. Every time we won possession back and counter-attacked them there was a line of four players that were running to receive the ball and we were attacking with those four at all occasions: Etoo, Eddie, Willian and Rami. Oscar is decently fast, but you can't compare him to Rami. If only Rami had Oscar's first touch, class and finishing (and Oscar isn't that great in some of those, it's just Rami is much worse) we would have won that match by 2 or 3-0 (I'm not complaining about the 0-1 scoreline).

I think he's been more than okay for us, but I also agree he isn't the flamboyant #10 some people expected just because he's a Brazilian. He's a complete player that is very good in most things he does, but he isn't exceptional or remarkable in any of them except for his work-rate and ability to create space for us (the latter is simply huge, I've been observing in the latest games, we don't give him enough credit for that). He can - and should - improve his overall passing and I wish we could see more of his creativity and vision because although he doesn't excel in either, I feel he has more than he shows. That said he gave some very good passes against Newcastle.

edit: when did Oscar wear #7 for Brazil? :lol: that's how much I watch our NT... I had no idea it ever happened until I've watched the vid last page

I hear people talking a lot about how bad oscar is at passing and blah blah......

let me make this simple....imagine chelsea as a very powerful battle TANK

now Hazard is our most powerful gun....and oscar is the latest- technologically advanced Engine....both are important and makes the whole unit tick!

Mourinho has reinvented the position of #10 ... i read somewhere in this very post of the term central winger...i liked it...

infact only 2 players can play in that position for chelsea...oscar and willian....oscar is the best option....and who said oscar cant pass?!! he linked up gr8 against newcastle..

The match imo that can be used to underline oscar's importance is the match against liverpool.... he choked their midfield very high up(remember suarez comin to the middle to get the ball?) ... his importance and mourinho's genius was highlighted by a hapless arsenal...look at their last 3 goals and the match against us and you will understand....

remember we played them when lucas was not injured......

Chelsea has become a power to reckon with(again!)...And whole of europe knows it .. B)

Cesar

Alves-Thiago-Luiz-Marcelo

Fernandinho-Gustavo?

Willian-Oscar-Neymar

Fred?

That would be best brazil lineup I think.

No Ramires?

Id rather make Oscar or Neymar, or even Hulk as the striker and make room for Rami in the midfield.

Then again, why do you need Gustavo when Fernandinho does the job as the defensive midfielder eve so well. Paulinho and Ramires should be competing for the other midfielder role, not Gustavo.

No Ramires?

Id rather make Oscar or Neymar, or even Hulk as the striker and make room for Rami in the midfield.

Then again, why do you need Gustavo when Fernandinho does the job as the defensive midfielder eve so well. Paulinho and Ramires should be competing for the other midfielder role, not Gustavo.

In all honesty? Our pther options to the pivot are (much) better than Ramires. He wouldn't be part of my starting eleven for Brazil either... We have plenty of pace with Neymar and Hulk - and our FBs are way more offensive playing for the NT than for their clubs - although they aren't particularly that fast. Either way, I don't think we need Ramires' pace and that's the only edge he has on Gustavo, Fernandinho and Paulinho. Even then some of those guys can have a run... also we play 4-3-3, pace isn't one of the keys to our game.

In all honesty? Our pther options to the pivot are (much) better than Ramires. He wouldn't be part of my starting eleven for Brazil either... We have plenty of pace with Neymar and Hulk - and our FBs are way more offensive playing for the NT than for their clubs - although they aren't particularly that fast. Either way, I don't think we need Ramires' pace and that's the only edge he has on Gustavo, Fernandinho and Paulinho. Even then some of those guys can have a run... also we play 4-3-3, pace isn't one of the keys to our game.

Yea, maybe,but, to me,

.......................Fernandinho..........................Ramires.........................Oscar......

might work. But then again Scolari isn't the biggest fan of Ramires. His first team chances are slim, now that you think about it closely.

Fernandinho - Ramires is my best pivot for Brazil, but Scolari doesn't really fancy either which is strange.

I prefer Fernandinho - Gustavo or Fernandinho - Paulinho

Especially Paulinho - he plays much better for Brazil than he does for Tottenham (which isn't bad to start with).

I'm not a huge Ramires fan by default and I've been becoming less and less lately. has has great stamina and pace,but I think he lacks a lot in the technical aspect.

Oscar works perfectly in our 4-3-3 though. I really like him as the most advanced player in midfield, building from behind. It's his best position imo.

I do

Fernandinho-Gustavo

Yaya holds Fernandinho back a lot, however, with gustavo fernandinho can actually play box to box.

Than, do bernard/willian-oscar-neymar.

With fred.

the wild card for me are both pato and lucas...

Lucas peak is greater than everyone on brazil, but will he reach it?

Pato, o pato, where have you gone.