Oscar

themightyblue

was about to say he could lost his place in brazil and i hate to watch coutinho instead him. but read about his injury, well that explained a lot

:lol: don't worry about it. He's nowhere near to losing his spot at Brazil's starting eleven. The boy is burnt out, given the insane amount of matches he's played in the last 20 months, it's understandable, especially when you look at him and can't see a very strong guy.

I think he should be benched a few times... we'll need him at his best at the end of the season, especially around April. We have depth, we can play Luiz alongside Matic and have either Lamps or Ramires (kill me) in the AM, but I think we should be resting Oscar now... I'm sure he'd understand if Mourinho did that.

:lol: don't worry about it. He's nowhere near to losing his spot at Brazil's starting eleven. The boy is burnt out, given the insane amount of matches he's played in the last 20 months, it's understandable, especially when you look at him and can't see a very strong guy.

I think he should be benched a few times... we'll need him at his best at the end of the season, especially around April. We have depth, we can play Luiz alongside Matic and have either Lamps or Ramires (kill me) in the AM, but I think we should be resting Oscar now... I'm sure he'd understand if Mourinho did that.

no idea why mourinho started him , especially as he said oscar was tired himself , before the match.

Maybe he should have been better rotated in our previous games, because now is the crucial part of the season. I can't think of too many matches he can be rested in. The obvious alternative, if he should be rested, is to play Hazard or Willian as a 10 (preferably Willian) and bring in Schurrle.

Is the fact that his wife is now pregnant a factor at all? It could be.

Maybe he should have been better rotated in our previous games, because now is the crucial part of the season. I can't think of too many matches he can be rested in. The obvious alternative, if he should be rested, is to play Hazard or Willian as a 10 (preferably Willian) and bring in Schurrle.

Is the fact that his wife is now pregnant a factor at all? It could be.

He was rested recently against City and happened twice and not to mention, we have been playing one game per week since the start of January. Only in the last week or so we had a game every 3-4 days.

His worst performance in a Chelsea shirt. He was awful. Not buying Mou saying he was injured too because if it restricted him so much he would've been off in the first half. Hope he regains his early season form soon.

He was rested recently against City and happened twice and not to mention, we have been playing one game per week since the start of January. Only in the last week or so we had a game every 3-4 days.

Just because he's been rested a couple of matches it doesn't mean he doesn't need more than that. He's been playing crazy amount of matches for 20 months in a row competing in June/July both last year and the one before. Also Mourinho himself acknowledged that he isn't on his best physically (before the match) and reinforced that in one of his post match interviews (I guess the one in the official site - the final whistle thing). Those things are cumulative and having rested a couple of matches - both of which he took part anyway coming as a sub - doesn't mean he's had as much rest as he needs.

He was horrendous today, can't think of another word and if the manager says it's because his body can't take anymore - which seems an obvious statement, I'll trust him and my own spin of the situation (have been saying he needs a rest way before Mourinho said this week he's struggling physically and his body reached its limit)

Just because he's been rested a couple of matches it doesn't mean he doesn't need more than that. He's been playing crazy amount of matches for 20 months in a row competing in June/July both last year and the one before. Also Mourinho himself acknowledged that he isn't on his best physically (before the match) and reinforced that in one of his post match interviews (I guess the one in the official site - the final whistle thing). Those things are cumulative and having rested a couple of matches - both of which he took part anyway coming as a sub - doesn't mean he's had as much rest as he needs.

He was horrendous today, can't think of another word and if the manager says it's because his body can't take anymore - which seems an obvious statement, I'll trust him and my own spin of the situation (have been saying he needs a rest way before Mourinho said this week he's struggling physically and his body reached its limit)

I know. Given the amount of games Oscar has played over the past 1-2 years, tiredness is bound to kick in both physically and mentally. It's excusable in such cases. Just don't like how this reason has been overstated and used as an excuse for the last 2 results before today. We didn't play well at all today despite having a week to rest and prepare and it probably shows the last 2 games weren't all just down to fatigue and tiredness.

I know. Given the amount of games Oscar has played over the past 1-2 years, tiredness is bound to kick in both physically and mentally. It's excusable in such cases. Just don't like how this reason has been overstated and used as an excuse for the last 2 results before today. We didn't play well at all today despite having a week to rest and prepare and it probably shows the last 2 games weren't all just down to fatigue and tiredness.

maybe to others or to the team in general it isn't, but I think in Oscar's case it was a bomb ticking and waiting to blow in our faces. It's obvious he isn't the strongest guy around and not the most physical. The amount of matches he took part in nearly two years is ridiculous and it's taking its toll on him.

He needs a couple or three matches in a row without taking any part in the matches. Just like Terry had (although he did have a minor injury).

Eden himself doesn't look too far from getting burned out imo and Willian is still adapting as well as Schurrle - let alone Salah. If we don't protect Oscar now and when he's back, Eden, we'll risk highly losing one or both at the final sprint of the season. It's easily predictable and anyone who pays a little attention can see those things coming.

maybe to others or to the team in general it isn't, but I think in Oscar's case it was a bomb ticking and waiting to blow in our faces. It's obvious he isn't the strongest guy around and not the most physical. The amount of matches he took part in nearly two years is ridiculous and it's taking its toll on him.

He needs a couple or three matches in a row without taking any part in the matches. Just like Terry had (although he did have a minor injury).

Eden himself doesn't look too far from getting burned out imo and Willian is still adapting as well as Schurrle - let alone Salah. If we don't protect Oscar now and when he's back, Eden, we'll risk highly losing one or both at the final sprint of the season. It's easily predictable and anyone who pays a little attention can see those things coming.

Agree that there should be a tad more rotation but not buying the excuse for others especially we have had good amount of rest days in between matches in last 1 3/4 months. If this was last season, then yeah. This season, no.

The only reason I wish we kept one of Mata or KDB this season is exactly because of this - it was inevitable. Oscar's burn out was going to come sooner rather than later.

If he's burnt out we should drop him, the last few months he's been awful, absolutely awful. He may work hard for the team, but i'm sorry, on current form we need more attacking wise, lately he has looked useless going forward.

I'm just being brutally honest, we cannot afford to have any more passengers... we're trying to win the league.

Messi too had too many games for 2 years straight and he's not the same again. That's why barcelona are not as good as before.

Oscar needs one or two weeks rest.

Oscar would have been OK by now if he only needed 1-2 weeks rest. Already had it in past few weeks. Agreed with Barbara's point. Think Oscar needs a more sustained period of rest but don't think that's gonna happen with crucial games coming thick and fast and this being the World Cup year is not helping either. Having so many much in recent years, think Oscar could do with a total shut out from football altogether for awhile. Will help to recover physically and mentally when you take a step back from something you have done too much sometimes but it ain't gonna happen and guess it will depend to how Mourinho manages him with rest here and there from matches.

And on Messi, think the problem with him was more of the fact Barcelona tried to rush him back from injuries and not giving him time to recover rather playing too much. He does play a lot yes but don't think that was the cause of the issue.

The only reason I wish we kept one of Mata or KDB this season is exactly because of this - it was inevitable. Oscar's burn out was going to come sooner rather than later.

Agree with the notion. It's still a mystery why Schurrle isn't getting more game time but in Salah's case, because he has to adapt and get familiar with the league, our playing style etc, we can't afford to risk playing just to do so in games where we practically have to win, every one of them. Hence, if anything, that was the one downside of selling Mata. Doesn't fit Mourinho's style ultimately yes but at least he had time and close enough to adapt and know what Mourinho wants in this system. Even he himself believed Mata would have played a big part had he stayed but that goes out of the window and now we have a slight problem with Salah.

If he's burnt out we should drop him, the last few months he's been awful, absolutely awful. He may work hard for the team, but i'm sorry, on current form we need more attacking wise, lately he has looked useless going forward.

I'm just being brutally honest, we cannot afford to have any more passengers... we're trying to win the league.

Well I don't think he is burnt out at all. He is Just young. He is still inconsistant which is ok. All players sometimes drop in form for a bit and then regain it back and furthermore progress. That's why people say most players reach their prime by 26 or 27. All great players went through that phase. The lad is clearly talented and skilled and has huge potential more than what he has shown in the past. I think during times like these it is best to support the player as much as possible. I am sure that he is not currently happy and his self confidence might be shaking a bit. But I am confident the Mourinho will be stand behind his back and the rest of the squad. I am hoping fans do the same cause they remain the strongest confidence and motivational boost for any player.