Oscar

themightyblue

I prefer Fernandinho - Gustavo or Fernandinho - Paulinho

Especially Paulinho - he plays much better for Brazil than he does for Tottenham (which isn't bad to start with).

I'm not a huge Ramires fan by default and I've been becoming less and less lately. has has great stamina and pace,but I think he lacks a lot in the technical aspect.

Oscar works perfectly in our 4-3-3 though. I really like him as the most advanced player in midfield, building from behind. It's his best position imo.

Is Melo officially banned from the NT?

not as far as I know. you should probably ask @Rmpr though as he knows much better than me NT business (I didn't even know Oscar played with Brazil's #7 :lol:)

I'm one of those people who likes Melo despite his craziness, but I also think we have better material than him for the pivot, but I like him just fine.

and sorry to disagree, mate, but Lucas' isn't the highest ceiling in Brazil not even in a million years. He's a flop and you'll come back to me someday to say the same.

He is unofficially banned from our NT after what he did to Robben in 2010!

About Oscar, he used to be the #7 when playing in Brazil's under age teams, but I am not sire if he ever used that jersey in the main squad...

About our pivot, I believe Hernanes-Ramires is our best option to start the tournament because weaker opponents will probably sit back and wait. After the first round, I'd go with Fernandinho + Paulinho or whatever.

He is unofficially banned from our NT after what he did to Robben in 2010!

About Oscar, he used to be the #7 when playing in Brazil's under age teams, but I am not sire if he ever used that jersey in the main squad...

About our pivot, I believe Hernanes-Ramires is our best option to start the tournament because weaker opponents will probably sit back and wait. After the first round, I'd go with Fernandinho + Paulinho or whatever.

I guess the unofficial ban applies to raphael as well?

Oscar was 7 when scolari called up ronaldinho those few games...

DM1 - Fernandinho, Gustavo

DM2 - Paulinho, Hernanes, Ramires

Fernandinho - Paulinho should be first choice imo.

Paulinho - Hernanes if you want to go offensive

Paulinho - Ramires if you want to defend deeper and play on the counter

I wish Chelsea had bought Hernanes, I like him a lot.

In the first part of our exclusive interview, Brazil star Oscar talks Felipao, his childhood hero Kaka and admits that to lose the World Cup at home to famous rivals Argentina would be unthinkable.

Gillette Brasil Global Tour
: What was it like to make your debut for Brazil?

Oscar: "It was very cool - my debut was against Argentina which is one of the great world derbies. It was just great to wear the Brazil shirt in the senior team for the first time. I'd already worn it before playing for various age groups in the youth teams but it’s very different playing for the Brazilian first team."

GBGT: Is there a player who was a great inspiration for you or who you mirrored yourself on?

Oscar: "As I said, when I was a little boy I was a big Sao Paulo fan so I've always followed Kaka from a very early age. And I know that I play in the same position as him so he was my hero ever since I was little. I used to love watching him play."

GBGT: Brazil have improved greatly over the past few months - what has changed since Luiz Felipe Scolari took over?

Oscar: "A lot has changed. But it's not just about him - things have changed with the emergence of thisnew generation. Felipao came in and organised the team. It's a young side and one that is going after its dream - we wanted to win the Confederations Cup and we won it and now our main objective is to win the World Cup in Brazil. I'm sure we have everything to win it."

GBGT: What's he like as a coach?

Oscar: "Felipao is one of the best coaches in the world. He's already won a World Cup and he knows what it takes to be involved in this competition. He's putting together a really good team and I'm sure that he'll help us a lot."

GBGT: Do you think for another team to win this World Cup they will have to beat Brazil?

Oscar:" Yes, I think to win the World Cup in Brazil then they're going to have to beat Brazil. They'll have to play out of their skins because we're going to do everything to win this World Cup. And we're going to run until the very end and then we've got the Brazilian fans with us too. So to beat Brazil at home it would have to be a historic game and very difficult but I'm sure this won't happen. I'm sure we'll bring this World Cup home."

GBGT: What if it's Argentina who do it though?

Oscar: "Don't even think about it! Argentina won't win even if hell freezes over! We'd never let them win! [laughs] They're a great team but Brazil won't let that happen"

http://www.goal.com/brasilglobaltour/en/news/5457/brasil-global-tour/1970/01/01/4594700/oscar-hell-will-freeze-over-before-argentina-win-world-cup?ICID=BGT

I guess the unofficial ban applies to raphael as well?

Oscar was 7 when scolari called up ronaldinho those few games...

Who is Raphael, me? Why am I banned? :lol:

I guess you are right, the first two games under Scolari he played with the #7. But other than that, it was either #10 or #11...

I do

Fernandinho-Gustavo

Yaya holds Fernandinho back a lot, however, with gustavo fernandinho can actually play box to box.

Than, do bernard/willian-oscar-neymar.

With fred.

the wild card for me are both pato and lucas...

Lucas peak is greater than everyone on brazil, but will he reach it?

Pato, o pato, where have you gone.

I don't think Lucas peak is the highest amongst our young players, but he can definitely play better than the last times I've seen him. Mainly because PSG were (maybe they still are, I don't really follow PSG) using 4-4-2, which doesn't suit Lucas at all. Don't mind @Barbara, she hates Lucas :whistling:

I don't think Lucas peak is the highest amongst our young players, but he can definitely play better than the last times I've seen him. Mainly because PSG were (maybe they still are, I don't really follow PSG) using 4-4-2, which doesn't suit Lucas at all. Don't mind @Barbara, she hates Lucas :whistling:

that I do, but I love you, so I guess I'm good for now

you >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lucas Moura

The Brazil squad is announced tomorrow right? Any surprises you guys think might happen?

I actually am, it is his very last chance of trying someone new...

I believe we will see a new GK, Fernandinho, Coutinho and I have no clue how he is going to find a striker!

Oh gawd, please no. @Rmpr, @Dion, @Barbara will be unleashing their fury upon us all then! :cry:

Yeah that would be the downside of it though.Dont want our Brazilian players or posters to be sad plus above all I cant bare to watch Oscar cry :(

He was useless like he was in the last couple of games. He should be benched imo.

Useless against Newcastle? I don't know which match you've watched... he definitely hasn't been playing as well as at the start of the season and I haven't watched today, but he was very good in the weekend, with very good passes in the final third that were simply wasted...

But maybe he does need to be benched, not going to question that.