Oscar

themightyblue

Here's hoping he gets the #10 jersey for Chelsea instead. :dance:

WTF, Really?

Oscar wearing Drogba's jersey almost brought me to tears. Dont ever take that jersey away from him!

Personally I would give Hazard no. 7 if Ramires is willing to give that up and let Oscar be no. 10. Don't know why they made Rambo the number 7 in the first place.

OMG!!!

Am I the only one who likes Oscar with #11 and Hazard with #17? :lol:

Here's hoping he gets the #10 jersey for Chelsea instead. :dance:

WTF, Really?

Oscar wearing Drogba's jersey almost brought me to tears. Dont ever take that jersey away from him!

Personally I would give Hazard no. 7 if Ramires is willing to give that up and let Oscar be no. 10. Don't know why they made Rambo the number 7 in the first place.

OMG!!!

Am I the only one who likes Oscar with #11 and Hazard with #17? :lol:

I like Oscar with 11. Hazard with 7 would be cool. I'm fine with 17 though. Who gets 10 though?

Oscar is not a flashy modern trequista type of No 10 but he is a young talented attacking midfielder that will kip improving coupled with the fact that he is 22...with time and under the tutelage of our special genius he may become hybrid of playmaking abilities and attacking instinct cos he is a class...he might not have d playmaking abilities lyk that of Mata/Ozil but he is improving in all round aspects...he might become a player in the mould of Iniesta(probably when he improves and becomes hybrid of playmaking abilities and attacking instincts)...In addition JM is a type of coach that loves the combination of technical qualities/flair and effort...so he is best suited to Mourinho's style of play...

Who the hell cares? Like, really? Its a number... doesn't make them perform any better, right?

precisely. U would think that by wearing a certain number a player automatically gets better or sonething.

Its different if the player has a superstition or reservstion for a number (I think balkack did, cos he was always no. 13). Except in those scenarios who cares.

precisely. U would think that by wearing a certain number a player automatically gets better or sonething.

Its different if the player has a superstition or reservstion for a number (I think balkack did, cos he was always no. 13). Except in those scenarios who cares.

True shirt numbers are just shirt numbers. But sometimes it helps a player to be assigned special numbers like 7 or 10 to show how important they are to the club...like Rooney being assigned 10 from 8, Messi from 19, Ibra from 18 (PSG), etc. The number 10 has always had a certain aura and significance to it in the history of the game. No doubt it also helps to boost a player's ego and marketability as well. Perhaps Hazard can make 17 as famous as how Beckham made 23 or Cryuff made 14 famous in the world of football.

I agree that a shirt number does not make a player better but it can show how a club rate a player and with that boost his confidence.

I bet Hazard is hoping on the nr10 shirt, afterall he was nr10 at Lille and still is belgium's nr10.

The point I made it very clear I was making was: who decided Neymar would play #10? Neymar did... his reasons are my guess and yours and whoever's. You have some info I don't, but it doesn't change the fact I was answering to someone implying Oscar LOST #10 for Neymar because Neymar's the most influential player in Brazil. No, he's lost because Neymar asked for it, for whatever reason. And then you can read my subsequent answer to the same guy saying I was never saying Oscar is our most exciting player. You're nitpicking on something just because you feel the need to defend Neymar's choice. I don't care about his choice. I don't care who wears #10, but the guy I answered to implied it was on the player's importance that the shirt changed (or at least that's how I understood him), which at least officially wasn't the reason...

You are absolutely correct, I only quoted you because I feel the need to enlighten you about Neymar's position because you posted incorrect information about why he went for Brazil's #10!

Just like you have the right correct everyone who posts something you think is wrong (which you love to do), I also have the right to do the same...

I'm moving on from the subject. Nike, his father or his vain reasons, I don't care. He asked and that was why it was changed and that was the main part of the post and the discussion. I just find it funny you have a fabulous story that I've never seen in the media, that doesn't make that much sense given how the decision was made (after some training session), that doesn't fit the kind of relationship CBF keeps with their sponsors (whorish like - they pay, we give). Nike decides many of our friendlies (where they're played, against who and that's been propagated by the media for years) because they give us money for that, and being as influential as that they would need to ask a player to ask for a number instead of simply having it done like they do with CBF for years now, especially about the thing they spend money they most with us: our kits.

Barbara, have you ever participated in a negotiation? Because really, this particular paragraph has just a load of horse s*** in its bad attempt to counter-argue...

Nike wanted Brazil's #10 shirt to be worn by one of their own propaganda players, especially since the World Cup will be in our country in 2014. Neymar is basically the only big name (in the midfield/attack) who could make that wish come true. So, they reached out to Neymar's aggency (which is owned by Ronaldo if I am not mistaken) and asked them to see if there was an amicable way to change shirt numbers with Oscar.

Now, like you said, Nike could have very well just imposed it. However, what is one of the main rules of politics and negotiations? Dont engage in unnecessary fights! So, why go to all this trouble with CBF, Oscar, Big Phill, etc., if Neymar could just ask and try to not make a huge deal out of it?

Neymar is one of Oscar's best friends, a simple 5min talk during training session would obviously be enough to resolve the matter (a very small matter, btw).

Yeah, I tend to believe at the end of the day if that wasn't Neymar ego itself who decided for the number, it was at least his father who thought it would be better for business for him to be #10. Nike wouldn't need Neymar to ask, they would simply demand it - as they do with the friendlies for example, but there are other shady stuff too - and it would happen.

You have the right to believe in whatever you want, at the end of the day you will still be wrong about it. You might still be doubtful with just me talking, but PVC posted it in his blog when it happened, so you can double check there if you want to!

And even if it was because of Neymar's ego or his dad's plan. Doesn't he deserves to have the #10 shirt if he wanted and Oscar agreed to it? It is not like will have to carry the team by his shoulders (just like last summer) anyways. Theoretically, the #10 is loaned out to the centralized play maker, but we already had some forwards using it and so on. I liked Oscar with the #10, but be that him or Neymar we will be very well represented.

Oscar is extremely important to Brazil and Chelsea, but there is no question Neymar is the bright light. He is for Brazil the parallel to the Hazard-Oscar situation in Chelsea; in which one is great and works hard but the other is the real game changer and future world's best!

One thing though: Neymar doesnt even have half the ego a multimillionaire teenage boy usually has. He is not humble (like Hazard, etc), but he is not even close to being a Rooney, Balotelli, Messi or CR7. I cant get my head around on how do people think he has such a big ego. Dont tell me it is because of the hair or whatever, lol.

Why are we even talking about it anyway? I don't give a shit about it. Oscar still is Brazil's #10 regardless of what number his shirt is.

LOL, I actually dont even know!

I guess I wanted to make it clear that Neymar isnt that amazingly villain people portray him to be, so I am constantly in the need to enter in arguments with whomever keeps with the "cunt this, cunt that"...

I also dont give a shit, as long as both continue to play great for our nation, everything is fine. But like I said, it pisses me off that every little thing that happen Neymar is all of a sudden the second coming of Darth Vader!!!

I am sure you feel that with Cristiano Ronaldo as well!

In all honesty the guy IS our best player, the most exciting, the one thst can win us matches. His ego - if he has any with the shirt number is even rightful. Except for the unfair diving I don't vilify him. I like him a lot. I don't have a problem with players like him or Ronaldo who theorically have big egos. I have with cunts like Dani Alves. Cris and neymar are good enough to be a bit smug :P

The rest of your post have some good points including about my assumptions but I don't like discussing CBF shady business. You may be right :) and if I correct people they should correct me too. I don't mind it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4G using Tapatalk

Well, Rambo was put into the 3 behind the striker, with Hazard staying left, and Willian being pushed central to accommodate Ramires on the right. Oscar was left out of the three and Ramires came in to replace him, so strictly speaking he did indeed play instead of Oscar. But again, I'm not getting hung up on the what-ifs, buts and maybes, but I do take your point! José's decision not to play Oscar was vindicated, but he did a good job when he came on, everyone saw that, so people saying we played our best football without him should also acknowledge we played without Torres, Lampard, Mikel, Cole, Schurrle, Salah, etc. etc. We have a squad for a reason!

I personally think it was because mourinho planned to play 433 and Willian is much better winger than Oscar but with demichelis there, we kinda switched back to 4231

Rugby league is a 13man team ,, some used number 14 instead of unlucky 13