Oscar

themightyblue

The potential he is capable of reaching is much more important than trying to shift him and Mata in the same team. If there is an offer more than 35mill for Mata, as painfully it makes me to say, we must consider.

It was a quiet game, but he still contributed and the team just looks more like a team when he's involved rather than the disjointed mess we had on Saturday. Schalke seemed to focus on him a lot which left more space for Willian which is the benefit of having a fuckload of attacking talent.

Was that dink over the goalkeeper really offside? It was class.

I was waiting for a replay, but it never came.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

He was the one who started the counter, passing the ball quickly to Willian in that second goal by Eto'o.

He was good today, but he needs to start making more for the attack, creating chances or scoring. He's been quieter than at the beginning of the season.

I was so happy with him trying something new in the City match, even if he missed many passes, he was going for the bold move and I thought it was purposeful on his part, just not sure if by his own initiative or if guided by Mourinho.

The fact at the occasion he came back from HT keeping the same bolder behavior I was led to believe either Mourinho asked it from him or was okay with it, as later in the match when Willian came in bringing instructions from Mourinho, he stopped going for that kind of pass.

Maybe Mourinho asked him to play a more tactical role today, after a bad match against Newcastle - still not as bad as many made it out to be. I wan to see the City!Oscar again, even if he misses half the attempts trying to go for the bolder and unexpected pass. He has the skills, he just need to start doing it more often.

I was waiting for a replay, but it never came.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

He was the one who started the counter, passing the ball quickly to Willian in that second goal by Eto'o.

He was good today, but he needs to start making more for the attack, creating chances or scoring. He's been quieter than at the end of the season.

I was so happy with him trying something new in the City match, even if he missed many passes, he was going for the bold move and I thought it was purposeful on his part, just not sure if by his own initiative or if guided by Mourinho.

The fact at the occasion he came back from HT keeping the same bolder behavior I was led to believe either Mourinho asked it from him or was okay with it, as later in the match when Willian came in bring instructions from Mourinho, he stopped going for that kind of pass.

Maybe Mourinho asked him to play a more tactical role today, after a bad match against Newcastle - still not as bad as many made it out to be. I wan to see the City!Oscar again, even if he misses half the attempts trying to go for the bolder and unexpected pass. He has the skills, he just need to start doing it more often.

Yep, same.

He has zero vision. How many through passes has he played this season?

It's obvious to me he's more of a CM than an AM. Can't believe I'm the only one who sees it.

He doesn't have zero vision. He's actually been the heartbeat of this team and whilst he contributes slightly less than Mata in the attacking sense, he contributes far more defensively and also ties the team together better right now.

We actually look like a team rather than offence and defence, which we did last season.

He doesn't have zero vision. He's actually been the heartbeat of this team and whilst he contributes slightly less than Mata in the attacking sense, he contributes far more defensively and also ties the team together better right now.

We actually look like a team rather than offence and defence, which we did last season.

If Hazard puts his shit together and starts his top creating/scoring/assisting skills regulary, then our attck will be all good. Willian on other wing will add danger from there and we are set. But i agree, Oscar does look jack of all trades but he is pretty average (to compare with other CAMs) in attack (vision, passing, through balls, lob passes etc)

It's obvious to me he's more of a CM than an AM. Can't believe I'm the only one who sees it.

Wouldn't say he has zero vision, but def not as good as our other AMs. Mata, Willian and KDB are all more creative than him.

Just yesterday, he played a through ball between two defenders for Willain for the second goal. It's just very rare that we play a through ball behind the defense since most teams defend deep against us (and because our strikers don't make those runs). When was the last time anyone in our team played a through ball in a central area behind the opposition defense?

Just yesterday, he played a through ball between two defenders for Willain for the second goal. It's just very rare that we play a through ball behind the defense since most teams defend deep against us (and because our strikers don't make those runs). When was the last time anyone in our team played a through ball in a central area behind the opposition defense?

The pass wasn't really good though. Willian had to stretch for it and luckily Willian's class first touch took it past the defender.

Also the last time we played a through ball through the centre was in the same... Ba's goal?

He doesn't have zero vision, that's way too harsh, Oscar has pulled off some great passes before, but he does need to do it on a more consistent basis. Out of our AMs I'd say he is the least creative bar Schurrle.

The pass wasn't really good though. Willian had to stretch for it and luckily Willian's class first touch took it past the defender.

Also the last time we played a through ball through the centre was in the same... Ba's goal?

He doesn't have zero vision, that's way too harsh, Oscar has pulled off some great passes before, but he does need to do it on a more consistent basis. Out of our AMs I'd say he is the least creative bar Schurrle.

Well he didn't say when was the last time he played a good through ball. :P

I agree that Oscar is not as "creative" (I hate that word!) as the likes of Mata and Hazard, but to say he has zero creativity is just unrealistic.