Oscar

themightyblue

Its becoming irritating that oscar and mata have to shift positions to accommodate both in the team. Mourinho should just play one or the other really its especially surprising that he would start two little players against a physical side like newcastle they both got bullied with ashley cole and luiz also.

Oscar didn't do much but mata showed why mourinho plays him on the bench, he is almost a waste of space against physical sides.

Had a very poor game like almost everyone although at 2nd half tried to create some chances. That pass to Willian could have been a goal and the scenario could have been different now. Anyway he should play no.10 or just start from bench if its so important to play Mata. Everyone moaning he should have been subbed off instead of Mata but neither Mata created 100000 chances in the first half as some claim he does everytime he starts.

Bad day !! We will improve.

Mata > Oscar - Mata is much more of a playmaker than Oscar.

Mata might be the better player, but we've been a better team with Oscar. He's a different type of playmaker and might be better suited to the style of football we're trying to play.

Mata might be the better player, but we've been a better team with Oscar. He's a different type of playmaker and might be better suited to the style of football we're trying to play.

You never know until you start Mata alone without Oscar.

You never know until you start Mata alone without Oscar.

Mata has had plenty of time as the sole playmaker and whilst he's been our best player, we've under-performed. Football isn't about picking the best 11 players, but picking the best team.

Today we moved our best player this season onto the wing and chose last season's number 10 - we got a performance straight out of last season.

Oscar played in the MIDDLE today while Mata was on the right wing! Throughout the game Oscar shifted himself to the wing a little bit but still I don't think we performed the way we did because of Mata.

No one blames mata but i blame mourinho though how could he play 2 of them against a physical side. Schurrle has always been a better and more direct, balanced option on the wings even when he doesn't play so well with hazard alone its all too narrow and inconsistent.

Was way below his usual today... only started creating for us in the final part of the match.

If he's going to be the player Mourinho trusts to lead our attack midfield he has to do better than that. Much better.

He has to carry on from his matches with the team earlier in the season, he dropped a bit his level, and he hasn't had a GREAT match in a couple of weeks. Okay matches when the whole team, or most the team, plays well it's okay, but he's one of the guys we need to step it up. He and Hazard are clearly the men Mourinho trusts the most in the AM, they need to start backing up that trust. Oscar did for most part of the season, but hasn't in the last 2. Hazard had 2 or 3 really good matches this season. If Mata can't live off last season contributions, neither can Hazard also from last season or Oscar from his amazing start of season.

Oscar played in the MIDDLE today while Mata was on the right wing! Throughout the game Oscar shifted himself to the wing a little bit but still I don't think we performed the way we did because of Mata.

Check the Mourinho thread, I posted charts that prove you're wrong. Mata played most time in the middle... just see their heat maps, area action and passes to see Oscar played most time in the right.

No one blames mata but i blame mourinho though how could he play 2 of them against a physical side. Schurrle has always been a better and more direct, balanced option on the wings even when he doesn't play so well with hazard alone its all too narrow and inconsistent.

ITA

The problem today wasn't Mata, was Mourinho.

If he wants to play Mata to shup up media and fans, to please Mata or because Mata deserves it, it has to be at the expense of Oscar in the bench.

I'm not even going to compare both players, picking who should start and who shouldn't, they're both quality, but neither of them has been creating tons for us lately. I read a scout about Mata in the Arsenal match and he created very little apart from the goal. The same applies to Oscar in the match against ManCity.

So Mourinho has to choose who he'll play. Both Oscar and Mata already showed they trust their manager's judgment to do the best for the team, they won't complain about being benched, they'll work hard to contribute with the team, starting or coming as a sub.

@BrazilStats

Oscar (5) made more tackles for Chelsea against Newcastle than Hazard, Mata, Willian, Lampard, Scürrle, Cole and Ramires combined (4)

Absolutely shocking. Shows the fight and spirit we gave out there today. We just let them stroll through the match like its a friendly game

Like i said before, whenver mata and oscar played together, even though OScar is suppose to be "cam." Mata always shifts in the middle most of the game.....

One should play and the other should sit..

tumblr_mvv5akufoz1qcyjsqo1_500.jpg

"Simply the best !!! Rafael Nadal !!! Congrats everyone for another important victory !!! Come on Chelsea"

well, I'm officially a Oscar fangirl from now on. When fandoms collide and your idol is worshiped by the kid you love, you just let it go.