Oscar

themightyblue

He doesn't really need to. He has been vicious in some of the tackles and battles for the ball this season. He is not easy to get off the ball.

There are some things he can improve on, but gaining weight is not one of the most important in my opinion.

He doesn't need to. That's not his physique really. He's an ectomorph.

I saw a picture of him shirtless in training and he's got a bit of muscle going on and really low body fat. It's the best shape he can naturally be, any forced upon weight gain is unnecessary and could damage his performances.

Yea I know.. just saying..

He doesn't need to. That's not his physique really. He's an ectomorph.

I saw a picture of him shirtless in training and he's got a bit of muscle going on and really low body fat. It's the best shape he can naturally be, any forced upon weight gain is unnecessary and could damage his performances.

cristiano-ronaldo-538-neymar-shirtless-s

He is really slim. It's amazing the way he can defend and tackle despite his frame.

Best closer down of a ball in the country.

Mourinho spoke in the post-match press conference of his delight with the performance of Oscar, but while the Brazilian's ability with the ball at his feet posed the home side plenty of problems, he won seven of his eight attempted tackles, the highest of any player.

:worship2:

I love his game. One thing I ask from each player is that they compete and this guy does it every game. Sometimes things might not go his way but you can rely on him to work his socks off every time he wears the shirt. He never takes a game off, he treats every game the same and puts in a shift. To think he put in that kind of effort after travelling around the world with Brazil is just astonishing.

I was watching Saturday's game with some friend who support other clubs and they kept speaking about Mata. I was saying to them how the Mata talk is such a disservice to Oscar who is a quality player and within minutes he's won a penalty and scored a goal. I was loving it :clap: Thanks for making me look like I know what I'm talking about Oscar :worship2:

:worship2:

I love his game. One thing I ask from each player is that they compete and this guy does it every game. Sometimes things might not go his way but you can rely on him to work his socks off every time he wears the shirt. He never takes a game off, he treats every game the same and puts in a shift. To think he put in that kind of effort after travelling around the world with Brazil is just astonishing.

I was watching Saturday's game with some friend who support other clubs and they kept speaking about Mata. I was saying to them how the Mata talk is such a disservice to Oscar who is a quality player and within minutes he's won a penalty and scored a goal. I was loving it :clap: Thanks for making me look like I know what I'm talking about Oscar :worship2:

Yes, and he does that work in a consistent basis. Even when technically he's not that sharp (things not working out) the work rate is always there.

However, like I said already people are reading WAY too much into this performance. What Oscar did he does in every match; the difference is that WHU were poor on the ball and were caught by Oscar and others in possession. As good as Oscar was, there is no excuse for a player to lose the football on his own half for dabbling on the ball. If our player had done the same he'd be crucified, but since we "caused" it to happen, it was all us.

The lad was tired tonight ,him and Lampard ran their bollocks off v West Ham and in hindsight this came too soon ,we won the big game at West Ham though and are comfortable in Europe ,there are other weak areas in our team that need attention like at Full back ,holding midfield and centre forward ,this is where are problems are . Others need to step up occasionally we cant rely on a few players all the time .

Frame has little to do with strength and ability to shield the ball, it's a matter of body balance. There's as much examples as it gets of big, tall, slim, fat players able/unable to put their body in between the ball and the close opponent.

Malouda was... well a Ligue 1 player when he came, he trebled volume in the first couple of months after he signed.

That's something I *wanted* Mata to do, but as we never had any manager on for over one season until he came (AVB did set up a possession game without any of the requirements being matched, tactically or athletically ; RDM and Benitez only thought about the next game).

Mata was really different to the player he was last season at Arsenal away, proving he's on his way to become that player able to protect the ball and not constantly going away with it. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Mata is putting hours of work hitting the gym behind the scenes; partly explaining why he's not playing regulary. Other reason being that Willian is a better shutter on the right on different phases of play, keeps the ball and will run up & down on his side

I said so because we usually don't expect small looking players to be good at it, or to have that great of a balance for that matter. Mostly because they seem so fragile that one would think any contact would make them go down. But it really has little to do with being bulky, Messi looks like a flea but he's a tough guy to bring down to the ground, most of it due to his balance and muscular lower body - his legs are toned as hell.

Hope his injury isn't anything serious. Don't need anyone to get injured heading into this crucial period of time. However on the other hand, this maybe a blessing disguise of sorts for him as he can get a bit of rest. He has been playing way too many games already this past year, from the Olympics to the 60+ games last season to being picked by Mourinho in basically every game this season.