Oscar

themightyblue

Poor compared to the standards he's been setting this season but an average uneventful game by the standards of us mortals.

THIS!

But one is allowed to take a 'day off' when one is playing like Oscar has. I bet he will be back with full strengh against ManCity...

His performance last night sort of reminds me of the Thomas Muller I've seen at times, he can look really bad offensively, lose a lot of balls, poor passes etc but he still finds a way to affect the game with either a goal or an assist.

Thought he was poor even for the Torres goal he looked to have held on to it a bit too long ,but no doubt he is a talent .

This. He made a great play to get the ball over to Torres but made the entire play much more complicated than it had to be. Hazard made a brilliant run to create the 3 on 1 and Oscar had the ball with Hazard and especially Torres in acres of space and should almost certainly have played it to Torres where he would have only needed to hit it in his general direction for the pass to work. The play ended up working, but he chose the more difficult play which needed Oscar to use his strength to dive and stretch to pass around the defender. He was terrible yesterday but has been one of our best players all season so a bad game doesn't matter at all. (But it does show how managers can give opportunities to players to let them produce. If that were Mata having that game, he'd have been taken off at around 55 minutes).

This. He made a great play to get the ball over to Torres but made the entire play much more complicated than it had to be. Hazard made a brilliant run to create the 3 on 1 and Oscar had the ball with Hazard and especially Torres in acres of space and should almost certainly have played it to Torres where he would have only needed to hit it in his general direction for the pass to work. The play ended up working, but he chose the more difficult play which needed Oscar to use his strength to dive and stretch to pass around the defender. He was terrible yesterday but has been one of our best players all season so a bad game doesn't matter at all. (But it does show how managers can give opportunities to players to let them produce. If that were Mata having that game, he'd have been taken off at around 55 minutes).

That's because even when Oscar has a poor game you can rely on him to still work his socks off and be a part of the game. When Mata is having a bad game he disappears.

I dont know how you guys can tell them apart yesterday....

All I saw were blue and green dots......

None of the Chelsea games for UCL are televised on Fox sports this season, where as last season, 4 of 6 were.....I think.

I should just pay the 8.99 a month fee.

I dont know how you guys can tell them apart yesterday....

All I saw were blue and green dots......

None of the Chelsea games for UCL are televised on Fox sports this season, where as last season, 4 of 6 were.....I think.

I should just pay the 8.99 a month fee.

Been there blue blurs, then it plays and stops just as a goal is scored and freezes so I don't see it

Oscar simply suits better to our current team under Mou. Otherway Mata is world class example that would bench Oscar in a team that plays offensive football with lot of possesion and has things FIXED (what are roles of pivot players and wingers etc., here we cant play with Mata because half of the team isnt working enough in defensive actions).

Mata might lack bit of defensive skills, but in team where 8/9 other players are capable of high pressing, his flaw would be minimal. Hazard, Willian, Lampard, Torres arent half as hard working as they should be. Mou is fixing that though.

Mata is CAM. He is better than Kagawa, Cazorla, Kross, Gotze, Isco,...he isnt as complete, but he is the guy that will create 10 clear goal chances, while others will make 2. His pure creative side, vision and game control are superb over current Oscar and might be even when Oscar reaches peak. However he doesnt have that energetic approach and defensive skill like Oscar has and that is why he isnt playing atm under Mou.

Our football style was actualy better last season, we were more attractive and contoled game. Now, we are winning, but opponents outplay us in control. Yesterday, schalke had fucking 60% of ball possesion. Possesion doesnt win you game, but it shows who controls the game. And considering we spend 80mio every summer and have players like Hazard, Oscar, Mata and Willian, I expect from Mou to make us a team with football that is attractive and nice to watch.

And asking what team Mata would suit? Borrusia, United (you compare Kagawa to Mata lol, and its Moyes fuckin problem that he is stupid and doesnt play Kagawa at all),...

Oscar simply suits better to our current team under Mou. Otherway Mata is world class example that would bench Oscar in a team that plays offensive football with lot of possesion and has things FIXED (what are roles of pivot players and wingers etc., here we cant play with Mata because half of the team isnt working enough in defensive actions).

Mata might lack bit of defensive skills, but in team where 8/9 other players are capable of high pressing, his flaw would be minimal. Hazard, Willian, Lampard, Torres arent half as hard working as they should be. Mou is fixing that though.

Mata is CAM. He is better than Kagawa, Cazorla, Kross, Gotze, Isco,...he isnt as complete, but he is the guy that will create 10 clear goal chances, while others will make 2. His pure creative side, vision and game control are superb over current Oscar and might be even when Oscar reaches peak. However he doesnt have that energetic approach and defensive skill like Oscar has and that is why he isnt playing atm under Mou.

Our football style was actualy better last season, we were more attractive and contoled game. Now, we are winning, but opponents outplay us in control. Yesterday, schalke had fucking 60% of ball possesion. Possesion doesnt win you game, but it shows who controls the game. And considering we spend 80mio every summer and have players like Hazard, Oscar, Mata and Willian, I expect from Mou to make us a team with football that is attractive and nice to watch.

And asking what team Mata would suit? Borrusia, United (you compare Kagawa to Mata lol, and its Moyes fuckin problem that he is stupid and doesnt play Kagawa at all),...

So, I guess Spain plays defensive football.

Mata is an exact replica of Kagawa, a goalscoring am with good technique and vision. Just cause you think Man United Kagawa is the same as BVB Kagawa, not my fault.. Also, I heard that guy Kagawa raped Bayern Munich numerous times, won the League over Bayern Munich 2x and cups as well. While we finished 6th place and barely beat Arsenal/Tottenham last season (which I still think Man United were the worst champs ever for EPL)

In regards to Man United, your telling me Mata would start over Rooney and play cam.....Nah, knowing Man United, they would probably shift everyone to the wings....

Mata would sure fit BVB's counter attacking team, you know the same tactics Mourinho loves... Where everyone on BVB presses like madmen.

Our football style... You mean where people figure us out in a month or 2.. That style or the RAFA style, lol.

So, I guess Spain plays defensive football.

Mata is an exact replica of Kagawa, a goalscoring am with good technique and vision. Just cause you think Man United Kagawa is the same as BVB Kagawa, not my fault.. Also, I heard that guy Kagawa raped Bayern Munich numerous times, won the League over Bayern Munich 2x and cups as well. While we finished 6th place and barely beat Arsenal/Tottenham last season (which I still think Man United were the worst champs ever for EPL)

In regards to Man United, your telling me Mata would start over Rooney and play cam.....Nah, knowing Man United, they would probably shift everyone to the wings....

Mata would sure fit BVB's counter attacking team, you know the same tactics Mourinho loves... Where everyone on BVB presses like madmen.

Our football style... You mean where people figure us out in a month or 2.. That style or the RAFA style, lol.

If Kagawa isnt playing, it doesnt mean he isnt good. But he isnt close to Mata from last season. The point of Bvb is that they have full eleven of players that can press. Mata as their CAM instead of Gotze or currently Mkhitaryan would improve that team. If you think he wouldnt, wow man you must be...besides we have miles to catch attractivness of Bvb style. Bvb plays superb counter attacking football, we just rely on counter attacks. Fucking Everton or Schalke did show more in games (despite win vs schalke, they got more of the game, admit it, we were deadly on counter and in defence, but midfield was all theirs). Please dont compare Bvb style to ours. If we offer them Mata, they would take him in second. You just dont see it.

Spain plays defensive? Well if you think so...my thought was that Mata isnt playing here because of defensive style, but in spain, story is different. Their midfield consists of Iniesta, Xavi, Sergio and Xabi. NO ONE REPLACES THEM. Mata isnt as effective on wings, besides they have Silva, Pedro who are used to play there more. I bet Oscar wouldnt make starting 11 for Spain either. Not now. This spanish midfield is probably best in history, ask yourself again why Mata doesnt play.

And just maybe we finished 6th that season cuz we keep changing coach and half team every season? No stability=no results.

Controlling games last season? :blink:

Many times we were outplayed by even mediocre teams, apart from 8-0 against Villa, i cannot think of one match we controlled for any real length of time.

Controlling games last season? :blink:

Many times we were outplayed by even mediocre teams, apart from 8-0 against Villa, i cannot think of one match we controlled for any real length of time.

Not controling, but at least we played offensive football in general.

Opinion of neutral fans for this season as far I know here is that we are once again playing anti football despite all creative players we have. And that pisses me of. Cant we start playing good football for once? We invest tons of money, yet we keep playing shit. Im not talking about winning, but general play. Last season, we at least started doing some progress, but now its back to old Mou days with the stick back and score on counters. Then sit deep for rest of game...no wonder Mata is useless in that case.

Opinion of neutral fans for this season as far I know here is that we are once again playing anti football despite all creative players we have. And that pisses me of. Cant we start playing good football for once? We invest tons of money, yet we keep playing shit. Im not talking about winning, but general play. Last season, we at least started doing some progress, but now its back to old Mou days with the stick back and score on counters. Then sit deep for rest of game...no wonder Mata is useless in that case.

Neutral fans also said how one dimensional we were last season... Also, what exactly did Schakle do?? NOTHING

ALSO, I could of swore MAta started vs Everton and not oscar..

Ofcourse neutral fans are going to say that and what even define's good football? it seems to me to be known as a 'good footballing side' you need to play short passes, triangles and get physically battered away to Stoke. I don't see it as anti football, we have looked good in the last few games. Tottenham, Liverpool and United have been a lot more "anti football" or whatever it's called this season.

I loved our side between 05-10 that could mix it about and force the opposition into submission, ill take that over short passes in the middle 3rd anyday.

I read here that he was terrible this and terrible that in the last game. But in the first half all our attacking players were restricted offensively and schurrle was the more proactive(but still restricted) with defensive shape and solidity in mind waiting to capitalise on their mistakes but this was due to the tactic employed in a must win game where fancy football goes out the window however in the second half they all played well with less restriction in search of a second goal. If anything that was clever play ensuring they take the lead into the half time break.

How was he terrible? By giving an assist for a much needed second goal or by attempting through passes that were blocked (No risk no reward)

How did he make the assist complicated? By showing his class and taking the initiative in order to spoon feed torres for the goal.

Complicated Assist? WTF