Oscar

themightyblue

Fantastic form, no wonder Mata is benched..

For some reason, he reminds me of Thomas Muller

Interesting; I can definitely see why you say that. There are quite a few similarities, the biggest being that they are both exteremely smart and hard-working players. I think Oscar has the better technical skills and is more of a midfielder, while Muller is more of a support striker.

Interesting; I can definitely see why you say that. There are quite a few similarities, the biggest being that they are both exteremely smart and hard-working players. I think Oscar has the better technical skills and is more of a midfielder, while Muller is more of a support striker.

Yea, even the way they run is similar... And they aren't exactly orthodox players

What I have been noticing lately - especially in our last game - is that Oscar seems to be getting even more pacey. Benitez said he played Oscar out wide last season because of his speed and his ability on "1 v 1!" situations.

I mean he's no Hazard who is hands down the quickest player in the Premier League but he's pretty quick.

continues to prove to be my fav. player in the team and on the form he is on.. can see him continuing to blossom! Not to say I don't respect the amazing talent of the other main attacking players oscar just brings eevrything as a complete midfielder

Mourinho In this moment, Oscar is my No. 10 and, if somebody tells me that Oscar is not Chelsea’s best player since the beginning of the season, I’d have to disagree. These are football issues.”

When asked whether Mata must dislodge Brazil international Oscar at present, Mourinho said: “Yes.”

He added: “They can [play together], when he adapts to it. But I’m not ready to play Oscar following full-backs, because he plays in that position for the country with more talented players than anyone else in the world in that position. I want to build with Oscar as my No. 10. I want the other two players, from the side, to adapt to that reality and learn now to do things that they were not ready to do before.”

Excellent. Mourinho knows.

I think Mata will 100% be sold next summer if Jose proves that he can win the title or come close without regularly playing him in his first XI.

or maybe Mata will step up and finally show he can win us titles? Something he's yet to do... Or better, that with him in the team - not as the main man if we must, but just a one of the main men - that we can start a competition being really favorite. Like ManUtd, Barça, RM, Bayern, Dortmund all start their national leagues as fave to the titles and the last four also fave to the UCL. I'm happy either way. Mata or no Mata, Oscar or no Oscar. If we really start competitions with that status, I'll be a happier fan.

Oscar needs more runners on the flanks if he is to flourish, just like how brazil plays. Neymar hugs the flanks, hazard should emulate him and shurrle > hulk.

The only problem is if lampard can provide the energy paulinho brings to the midfield and we're set for total brazilian football :rolleyes: