Oscar

themightyblue

He did make impact in the big matches , goals vs juve and shaktar , assists vs United

Yeah, but he also went missing in other big games later on. That's why I hope that was just fatigue. Still, I've observed this pattern of playing extremely well and then going missing in some games after that even before his transfer to Chelsea, which makes me worry a bit. Even if that's something to be expected in young players, especially when they're coming to a new league, it would be another sign of talent if Oscar didn't struggle with those conditions.

I think he has the tools and now he has a great manager to help him to get there.

I'm looking forward to him having a great season. I just don't get some of the expectations about his first season there. Especially based on his personality, on how he plays...I mean while I know he can do much better and I hope he does, I didn't expect him to go to a league like EPL and just continue from where he stopped and show some mild struggle. I don't think that kind of expectation is fair.

He definitely deserve some criticism, but I'm giving the kid a break because of the crazy amount of matched he played, the transition itself and his personality. He's not going to be the next Iniesta... then again nobody out there now will

The sole reason for this debate is simple - Oscar plays like a world-class talent for Brazil but hasn't shown that form in a Chelsea shirt yet, apart from a game here or there. So people who mainly watch Chelsea will def criticize him whereas those who have seen him perform for Brazil will defend him because regardless of competition for his place, he gets in that Brazil team because he really is one of their best players.

He is yet to replecate the same form from Internation to Club level because at Brazil he plays number 10 and at Chelsea he has been played out wider. I'm fully aware that you know this but sometimes you have to spell out the obvious for members of this forum. Give him the 10 role at Chelsea and watch him run riot. Just such a shame we have Mata owning that position too.

Agreed with Peace...

I'm still blown away by the negativity... As a club we cannot win...

2 years ago: All our players are too old!!!

We purchased youthful prospects - think that satisfied people?

Last season: XYZ Player didn't perform!!!! We expect more... Blah blah

----

Jeeeesus! You can't buy young talented prospects, drop them in the EPL and expect instant success... It's a 3-4 season investment!!!

I swear Football Manager and FIFA have really fucked up people's perception of 'adaptability' and 'team chemistry' - just because it means fuck all on those games, don't think for a second it doesn't matter in the REAL world - because it DOES ;)

Lets all chill out and leave the player bashing alone - lets revisit this thread come May next year, then we'll see how much progress has been made.

The lad is talented no doubt, and I'm sure Jose will help improve him further! He could be the new Lampard, although I think Ramy is trying to stake a claim for that role with his goals in Pre-season ;)

So lets leave the player bashing to other fans of other teams - we have a great squad this season and a great manager and Oscar will do well... ;)

Well, Oscar has to redouble his defensive efforts because the other attacking midfielders aren't good at defending

Well Fucking said.......He does double the other work the other attackers does and that is the truth. I'm not sure why people are crying him down. It was his first season in England and he was involved in most of the games for club and country last season and he gave it his all. This season we can expect much more . People relax we have some of the best talent in the world and people are still crying them down!!!

Same amount of assists as david Silva last season in all comps. And with our vastly shitter strikers

Silva had 4 goals and 8 assists in 32 games. Oscar had 4 goals and 5 assists in 34 games. The quality of strikers is meaningless. Chelsea actually scored 9 more goals than City so Oscar has more opportunities for assists...and yes Silva didn't have a great year last season which is one of the differences in City's performance. (Silva also had 3.3 key passes a game to Oscar's 1.4).

@peace-except he does put them into offensive actions. He took basically the same number of shots per game as Mata, Hazard, or Torres.

@muzchap. This is what I am saying. I think he will be excellent. He needs a season or two to adapt but the talk of him already being there is premature.

Silva had 4 goals and 8 assists in 32 games. Oscar had 4 goals and 5 assists in 34 games. The quality of strikers is meaningless. Chelsea actually scored 9 more goals than City so Oscar has more opportunities for assists...and yes Silva didn't have a great year last season which is one of the differences in City's performance. (Silva also had 3.3 key passes a game to Oscar's 1.4).

@peace-except he does put them into offensive actions. He took basically the same number of shots per game as Mata, Hazard, or Torres.

@muzchap. This is what I am saying. I think he will be excellent. He needs a season or two to adapt but the talk of him already being there is premature.

I agree. And its not being negative, having criticism, not knowing he is played out wide a lot, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. ......

He will be brilliant I am confident, but he isn't there yet. He went missing too much last season. Shouting out he is god's greatest gift to the footballing earth is simply premature. I swear it feels like there is a Fatwa on nuanced talks/constructive criticism about Oscar :Goober:

i think he will be shit again this season and the excuse was :yeah he comes from Brazil blablablabla he's so shit ,it's the reality and for Brazil he's not very good, but just an normal player. what a waste of money pfffff

He is yet to replecate the same form from Internation to Club level because at Brazil he plays number 10 and at Chelsea he has been played out wider. I'm fully aware that you know this but sometimes you have to spell out the obvious for members of this forum. Give him the 10 role at Chelsea and watch him run riot. Just such a shame we have Mata owning that position too.

Why was he underwhelming at internacional as well when he was played in his best position (no 10).

bir cfc summarized my entire point in that post. the reason we bought him was because of his performances for the national team. I followed the Brazil serie a regularly and he's was very average in the 11/12 season before we bought him. he's Brazil's version of David Healy, Arshavin, Robbie Keane and Milan Baros.. . . fantastic for country but average at club level and I will hold onto that statement until (if ever) he proves me wrong.

no you don't understand ,it's not a troll but it's the truth. i watch every game of this normal player and i'm bored when he plays. when somebody says something bad on a Chelsea player , he's a troll LOL