Oscar

themightyblue

Tremendous player, he will be one of the best in 4 years time I know he will.

Just wondering where Mourinho will play him, I think he will start playing him and De Bruyne deeper rather than on the wings.

Mata maybe the best in terms of attack, but Oscar isn't as limited as Mata, Oscar can run games and always make himself available and much less vulnerable, he pretty much has everything in his locker.

Mata what? Limited? Are you sure? ^^

Mata what? Limited? Are you sure? ^^

Mata is a great player and our best at the moment.

When I mean limited I mean compared to Oscar. Oscar has potential to be a central midfielder, or a classy number 10. Oscar is no push over, he can run games and always gets involved.

Mata however will always get on the scoresheet yes, but in those games when we where playing bad two seasons ago he couldn't do anything, of course there is the debate of being burned out. I just think Oscar has a lot more to offer, althogh I do think Mata will always be the best at what he does, Oscar will always do that more for the team and will always be consistently good. I'm not saying Mata doesn't drag the team because he does, but when we need to fight and have more manpower, Oscar comes in handy a lot more.

Well, as obvious as it is by my avatar, i really like Oscar, but i always tought that he had the problem of disapearing in the middle of games... I follow him since by his times of São Paulo, at the moment i believed that he had that trouble for being a player that just came out of the youth squad, that here in Brazil the majority that goes to the principal team always tends to take little part of the plays on the matches, or by trying too hard to play "okay" rather than for the win or by little technique. But time passed, he matured and anybody could see that he had the personality and the talent to be a monster with key passes and decisive killer goals... But even then, he would still disapear a lot in his games, letting big gaps on midfield. Also he weren't one of those that would press the defense all the time, so i don't think that the lack of stamina is what transform him into a ghost.

To me, after observing him and the brazilian football... He is just a result of a crise of "Maestros" (the number 10 key player, in the last years we had just Oscar, Coutinho, Ganso and... I don't know, Jadson?) that is happening in Brazil. We've had been giving priority to strong, skillfull fast players rather than the little technical passers that conduct, think and builds the game. For this lack the brazilians teams ends up playing with weak or out of position players, where i do think that the second case happens with Oscar. The only times that i saw him dominating and participating a lot in the matches was with the Brazil from Mano Menezes where he had the liberty to drop deep and lead the team from behind. It was amazing in some of those matches where he would turn the ball around and came up from behind.

People say that he can't play as the deep lying playmaker for the lack of defensive power, other problem that i think that happens because of our wrong youth management for putting him in the wrong position and not showing him how to defend. Now It is said that if you want your own brazilian ofensive fullback you have to do like what was done with Wallace, Rafael and Fabio. You have to buy them while theyre young to teach them how to defend... And i think that we might have lost our chance with Oscar. Thanks God Mourinho is here and he can still work things up with him(really young), but i don't think that he is the true number 10 playmaker like Mata. Well, who knows, he may end up adapting himself to lead the play, but for now there is nothing but support that we can do, so lets just pray and hope for good football. =]

Sorry for the wall of text.

I agree with a lot of your points, but I can't agree about his work rate. He has the best work rate not only in Chelsea (apart from defending players), but had overall the best for Brazil during CC. He tackled the heck out of the ball and no one had better stats in the NT than him in that and also in interceptions. Out of all of our most advanced players he's the one with the best work rate... miles ahead of Hazard, Moses and Ba and light years ahead of Mata and Torres (in that department).

And that's one of the reasons he disappears. For 15-20 minutes yesterday everywhere Cambiasso went, he was there, just like with Pirlo against Juventus and in both occasions he scored (had a very unfortunate finishing that otherwise would have given him 2 goals yesterday) and cancelled one of the best opposition's player. This kind of work makes a player disappear for times, but I do agree in some matches he disappeared completely, not because he was being tactically committed, but because he was simply nowhere to be found.

I don't know if that's something he'll improve, if it's part of his style, or if he's just tired, but that's definitely one of the areas he can do better. He has talent and physical conditions to do so.

we can support them ,, thats what supporters are supposed to do

we do support them, but this is a descussion. Once we're at the stadium we cheer, but we can't Jst visit a forum to blindly praise players.

Oscar is my 2nd fav player after Mata and f I had to pick out front 3 would put him in the middle and put Mata on the right. But that doesn't mean I have to be here and praise him as if he's world class at the moment.

Just wondering where Mourinho will play him, I think he will start playing him and De Bruyne deeper rather than on the wings.

Mata maybe the best in terms of attack, but Oscar isn't as limited as Mata, Oscar can run games and always make himself available and much less vulnerable, he pretty much has everything in his locker.

that's the thing, oscar doesn't run the game at all

Mata is a great player and our best at the moment.

When I mean limited I mean compared to Oscar. Oscar has potential to be a central midfielder, or a classy number 10. Oscar is no push over, he can run games and always gets involved.

Mata however will always get on the scoresheet yes, but in those games when we where playing bad two seasons ago he couldn't do anything, of course there is the debate of being burned out. I just think Oscar has a lot more to offer, althogh I do think Mata will always be the best at what he does, Oscar will always do that more for the team and will always be consistently good. I'm not saying Mata doesn't drag the team because he does, but when we need to fight and have more manpower, Oscar comes in handy a lot more.

Just kidding dude, i got what you mean.

I agree with a lot of your points, but I can't agree about his work rate. He has the best work rate not only in Chelsea (apart from defending players), but had overall the best for Brazil during CC. He tackled the heck out of the ball and no one had better stats in the NT than him in that and also in interceptions. Out of all of our most advanced players he's the one with the best work rate... miles ahead of Hazard, Moses and Ba and light years ahead of Mata and Torres (in that department).

And that's one of the reasons he disappears. For 15-20 minutes yesterday everywhere Cambiasso went, he was there, just like with Pirlo against Juventus and in both occasions he scored (had a very unfortunate finishing that otherwise would have given him 2 goals yesterday) and cancelled one of the best opposition's player. This kind of work makes a player disappear for times, but I do agree in some matches he disappeared completely, not because he was being tactically committed, but because he was simply nowhere to be found.

I don't know if that's something he'll improve, if it's part of his style, or if he's just tired, but that's definitely one of the areas he can do better. He has talent and physical conditions to do so.

I'm not talking about his work rate, about that i have no doubts, receiving little or a lot of balls he always run, passes and defend. Since the time where he stole Ganso's place he started to press high, in that game Mano made him press like never before where he tackled good balls that ended in really dangerous plays. I agree that he defend and press well, but not enough to play as a DLP, this, without count that the way to defend is different. Do you think that he would already be good to go pairing with L. Gustavo in a match against Spain? Or Bayern? I'm talking about big games where we will need him all around... In other games he can alreary boss the midfield playing deep.

About his apearence in Brazil games on the CC, i disagree. Not that he played bad, he showed his guns at key moments that won matches, the problem is that he also disapeared a lot in the playmaking trequartista role. Felipão even tryed Neymar in the middle behind Fred with Oscar and Hulk on the sides... He does't show so much as he could and does when he plays deeper with more space where he receive the ball without being with his back to the goal. I agree to say that he has the talent and the physical conditions to take the role (both trequartista and DLP). But... Just not yet.

Because he doesn't play in midfield, he's been shifted out wide, so how can he have the abillity to the main man when he's in an additional position rather than the spine?

With the NT he is in the middle and still don't orchestrate as he could... He definitely has the vision and skills. Mourinho or him have to do something.

With the NT he is in the middle and still don't orchestrate as he could... He definitely has the vision and skills. Mourinho or him have to do something.

But even then he's playing more number 10 role as in directly behind the striker, he's not in the Paulinho role.

Because he doesn't play in midfield, he's been shifted out wide, so how can he have the abillity to the main man when he's in an additional position rather than the spine?

so we don't really know if he can run a game for Chelsea. He seems a bit slow in decision making for Chelsea.

Just kidding dude, i got what you mean.

I'm not talking about his work rate, about that i have no doubts, receiving little or a lot of balls he always run, passes and defend. Since the time where he stole Ganso's place he started to press high, in that game Mano made him press like never before where he tackled good balls that ended in really dangerous plays. I agree that he defend and press well, but not enough to play as a DLP, this, without count that the way to defend is different. Do you think that he would already be good to go pairing with L. Gustavo in a match against Spain? Or Bayern? I'm talking about big games where we will need him all around... In other games he can alreary boss the midfield playing deep.

About his apearence in Brazil games on the CC, i disagree. Not that he played bad, he showed his guns at key moments that won matches, the problem is that he also disapeared a lot in the playmaking trequartista role. Felipão even tryed Neymar in the middle behind Fred with Oscar and Hulk on the sides... He does't show so much as he could and does when he plays deeper with more space where he receive the ball without being with his back to the goal. I agree to say that he has the talent and the physical conditions to take the role (both trequartista and DLP). But... Just not yet.

No I don't because I'm one of the fans who think moving him to the DLP position is a waste.

I never meant as a DLP but as a CAM, winger or the most advanced midfield in the 4-3-3... Oscar has to play near the box, he has to at least have freedom to move forward to score his goals, assist, play 2-1 with the other AM, etc...

imo he played in the 4-3-3 position in Brazil during CC, as the most advanced midfield player with Hulk, Fred and Neymar ahead of him as the strikers... He was clinical in the position, but of course he has plenty to improve.

But even then he's playing more number 10 role as in directly behind the striker, he's not in the Paulinho role.

we can't nit pick positions. A slightly different position shouldn't change a player from world class to mediocre.

I know, by middle i meant between Neymar and Hulk. If you're talking about the other post, is that i think that he is a DLP(didnt had the training needed) and not a number 10 trequartista ( he can, but also have to adapt to play at his best there).

No I don't because I'm one of the fans who think moving him to the DLP position is a waste.

I never meant as a DLP but as a CAM, winger or the most advanced midfield in the 4-3-3... Oscar has to play near the box, he has to at least have freedom to move forward to score his goals, assist, play 2-1 with the other AM, etc...

imo he played in the 4-3-3 position, as the most advanced midfield player with Hulk, Fred and Neymar ahead of him as the strikers... He was clinical in the position, but of course he has plenty to improve.

i respect your opinion all right. =D

But i disagree as him being a waste as DLP. Being there don't mean he can't go up front. Barbara, see Schweinsteiger, Lampard, Xavi or even Paulinho... They go up front with really danger... Assisting or scoring. Do you think that all those players are a waste there? Do they have the quality to do the Playmaker 10 role? Of course(less Paulinho), but they simply play their best there... Oscar drop deeper alone himself to take the play a lot, you could see this in the olimpics all the time. The DLP playmaker is a truly rare and important player... We have Mata, Hazard and KTB already for the Cam and winger positions.

For me Brazil plays with the 4-2-3-1 with hulk and Neymar coming back and helping the midfield to create the play.

Oooow are you back man?