Oscar

themightyblue

According to Souness on Sky yesterday, Oscar didn't mean it for his second goal with reference to his first touch to take the ball away from Vidal and Pirlo...

Rubbish, in the post match interview he said he took that touch to create space to shoot. There is no doubt he meant it. Look at how quickly he turns to go to where the ball will roll to.

I'd be happy if he didn't score that second goal, he is just the type of player I want in the team, works hard, tactically was superb barring a few misplaced passes but its expected the kid is 21.

THAT goal though, just wow, not even the shot, that touch to turn away from two players was just.. world class. Just think if Ronaldo or Messi had scored that last night, think of the backpage spread on the newspaper and Souness then!

Wouldn't start him against Stoke though, too rough and tumble!

I'd be happy if he didn't score that second goal, he is just the type of player I want in the team, works hard, tactically was superb barring a few misplaced passes but its expected the kid is 21.

THAT goal though, just wow, not even the shot, that touch to turn away from two players was just.. world class. Just think if Ronaldo or Messi had scored that last night, think of the backpage spread on the newspaper and Souness then!

Wouldn't start him against Stoke though, too rough and tumble!

Thank you and some others (well one in particular) thinks me making that comment that they are rough is ludicrous. At least someone shares the same viewpoint as me

If Rooney had have scored that, the press would be collectively sucking his dick, just like they did when he scored the overhead that went in off his shin.

Because it's a Chelsea player, its an obvious fluke.

Who's saying it's a fluke? Everything I've read/seen have said it was on purpose. In fact anyone who says it was a fluke is butthurt.

If Oscar don't start next game and Ramires + Ivanovic still making our right flank shit, Abramovic should fire RDM.

Calm down. I felt like you too but you just need to think things over. There is nothing wrong with Ivanovic. He can lose concentration at times but so does our entire defense (except Cole). Ivanovic is pretty solid. His height and physicality warrants a start over Azpilicueta against Stoke.

Ramires was decent against Juventus, so don't be suprised to see him start again. He really needs to be shifted into the middle and we need to use 3 attack minded players behind Torres in games like this.

Oscar should start, no doubt. If he doesn't it'll probably because Stoke will be very physical, so I could see him not starting.

Calm down. I felt like you too but you just need to think things over. There is nothing wrong with Ivanovic. He can lose concentration at times but so does our entire defense (except Cole). Ivanovic is pretty solid. His height and physicality warrants a start over Azpilicueta against Stoke.

Ramires was decent against Juventus, so don't be suprised to see him start again. He really needs to be shifted into the middle and we need to use 3 attack minded players behind Torres in games like this.

Oscar should start, no doubt. If he doesn't it'll probably because Stoke will be very physical, so I could see him not starting.

Dude watch next game Ivanovic closely, he is shit right now.I watched him and there were like 20 situation when Mikel was ahead of him and he couldve passed to him relatively safe but instead all he does is pass the ball backwards to Luiz and our attack is practicaly DEAD.Whenever he is in opponents half he never link up with any1 and just put some half effort shit cross which is never even close to anyone wearing blue shirt.His overall contribution to the team (although he is RB) is none.Also his defending this year is very poor compared to his standarts.If you watched second half, every Juve attack was from the right flank.And thats the hilarious thing while our right should be very solid with Ramires and Iva actually we are worse there and the "balance" crap makes no sense at all.

That goal...the moment I saw it I heard in my head "Take a bow son, take a bow"

But let's not get too carried away. Until the first goal, I thought he was having a terrible match, he was loosing the ball almost every time he had it and I was shouting at RDM to sub him off at half time. Luckily his shot took a deflection and ended in the back of the net. After that, the confidence made all the difference in the world for Oscar and he really got in the game. But let's wait till he can have a few good performances before we label him as the next big thing.

His goal was immense but what impressed me most was his command in midfield for such a slight and small player in a game of that magnitude. We have an absolute star on our hands here. With Hazard, Mata and Marin alongside.. wow.

That goal...the moment I saw it I heard in my head "Take a bow son, take a bow"

But let's not get too carried away. Until the first goal, I thought he was having a terrible match, he was loosing the ball almost every time he had it and I was shouting at RDM to sub him off at half time. Luckily his shot took a deflection and ended in the back of the net. After that, the confidence made all the difference in the world for Oscar and he really got in the game. But let's wait till he can have a few good performances before we label him as the next big thing.

It was only normal for him to struggle a bit at the beginning of the game, it was his first start against very good opposition.

But as the game went on he improved, before he even scored the first goal there was a nice back heel to someone and that got him going.