Oscar

themightyblue

"I've watched the match. I'm always cheering for my team-mates, so I'm very happy for Oscar, for the two goals he scored and for his fine display," - Neymar

"I'm not surprised at all, I'm very much aware of his quality. He's a fantastic player, one of the best around in my opinion, and I'm confident he'll help Chelsea a lot.He's a great friend of mine and I'm very happy for his debut [in the Champions League]. I look forward to playing against him soon." - Lucas

Oscar 1st answer: Yeah, it was a great goal, I was playing very well and it made me very happy.

Oscar: “Fala qualquer coisa” (just say anything), I guess he saw Piazon struggling and said for him to give any answer. Piazon laughed!

Oscar 2nd answer: There wasn’t much to do, I decided to create some space and it worked (paraphrasing), then I was fortunate to score this great goal.

EDIT: The translation was not a lot different, but it did change the meaning of some quotes...

Piazon's translation was bad and yours was not that accurate either.

What he really said:

1st answer: é foi, foi um belo gol aí, tava jogando muito bem, fiquei muito feliz - yeah, it was. It was a beautiful goal, I was playing very well, I was very happy (to have scored like that).

2nd answer: foi, fala que foi, que só tinha que fazer isso e tive a felicidade de fazer um belo gol - yeah, tell him it was (the intention about the first touch), that it was the only choice I had and I was fortunate to be able to score a beautiful goal.

He never said "just say anything". At least not on the youtube videos presented here.

Just my 2 cents.

Piazon's translation was bad and yours was not that accurate either.

What he really said:

1st answer: é foi, foi um belo goi aí, tava jogando muito bem, fiquei muito feliz - yeah, it was. It was a beautiful goal, I was playing very well, I was very happy (to have scored like that).

2nd answer: foi, fala que foi, que só tinha que fazer isso e tive a felicidade de fazer um belo gol - yeah, tell him it was (the intention about the first touch), that it was the only choice I had and I was fortunate to be able to score a beautiful goal.

He never said "just say anything". At least not on the youtube videos presented here.

Just my 2 cents.

Yours is wrong and he did!

1st: You can not tell if he was happy to have scored or played well. it was both because was at the end. that is why I wrote "it".

2nd: you do not need to translate (tell him it was) and you just changed the same sentence. You should learn that transation is not about word by word, it is about keeping the meaning (that is why I explicited wrote I was paraphrasing).

3rd: YES HE DID SAY "fala qualquer coisa"!