Oscar

themightyblue

Yours is wrong and he did!

And when was it? What he said was "fala que foi". There was no "fala qualquer coisa".

And yes, I need to translate everything, otherwise I'll be changing his speech. And when he says he was happy it is safe to assume it was about the goal, you can notice by the way he sounds and the question. The topic was about his goal.

And when was it? What he said was "fala que foi". There was no "fala qualquer coisa".

And yes, I need to translate everything, otherwise I'll be changing his speech. And when he says he was happy it is safe to assume it was about the goal, you can notice by the way he sounds and the question. The topic was about his goal.

He said both, just go back a few pages...

Have you ever watched the Oscar, Golden Globe, UEFA Event, etc?

Have your paid attention to how we translate them?

He said both, just go back a few pages...

I've searched it all along and still haven't seen it. It surely isn't in the 1:07 interview vid.

Have you noticed they're translating it live? You can't translate everything, there's simply not enough time for speech or even thought, they do it in a way you can understand it without losing the essential. When you have plenty of time it would be best to bring it as close as possible to the original - no more, no less.

MAN! Do your research better. Right after piazon finishes his 1st answer...

Turning the volume all way up, yeah. It seems like he whispers "just say anything..." and he gets interrupted by the second question. But it seems he intended to say something else after that.

Turning the volume all way up, yeah. It seems like he whispers "just say anything..." and he gets interrupted by the second question. But it seems he intended to say something else after that.

It seems like wasnt what I was expecting but I will accept that!

By the way, it's nice to see Oscar succeeding in Europe. I knew he was special since his debut for São Paulo (Sao Paolo). I hadn't seen a skilled youngster like that since Kaka in 2001. No wonder everyone regarded him as the new Kaka back then. Surely not for his playstyle but rather for his tremendous raw talent. Too bad we couldn't hold him longer. Yet, nice to see him and Piazon together again, both from Sao Paolo's youth team.

edit - Oddly enough, I've just noticed both Kaka and Oscar debuted with Sao Paolo's number 30 shirt :o

I'll keep an eye for the next 30.

On current evidence Oscar looks better than kaka, more like Zidane because of his understanding of basic football skills and unlike both he still only 21.

I think Oscar indeed seems better than Kaka overall. Oscar feels comfortable to play in many roles, has awesome balance, pass and his reading of the game is just top notch for a player of his age. If he feels the team is lacking transition from defense, he'll drop deep to get the ball going. If not, he'll be making deadly passes to the strikers and wingers. Oscar is very well suited for a ball possession style of play. He often chooses the most conservative pass, he isn't the kind of player who will try to create something out of nothing, which ensures the team won't be losing ball possession often by his feet. However, if he notices an opportunity to score or to make a deadly pass, he'll seize it. Oscar can also perform the defensive role to some degree, as shown against Pirlo. Kaka is a different story. I feel Kaka can suit the playmaker role somewhat, but his passing and game reading skills, although good, are not enough to assure him a place among the top players if not accompanied by his pace and physical strength, both diminished since the many injuries he suffered. I'd say Oscar's peak will last longer than Kaka's and he'll be a better player overall.

Hazard is good, but Oscar is better.

He will be our main player very soon.

I have to agree with Henrique tbh. Oscar looks like he could control games for us, always be an option to pass to. Hazard is very good as well though but never got in to the game today.