Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Watching him play against Arsenal. Not scored as of yet but looks so threatening and it disappoints me to know we let a potentially quality striker go. The partnership him and Suarez look to have is lethal. How he did not get chances here I do not know.

'Handed a central role but was wasteful, had chances to score but failed to even find the target. Drifted completely out of the game in the second half and it was little surprised to see him replaced.' relating to his game vs Arsenal.

Couldn't be further away from the truth. He was very threatening in the first half - in the second half Arsenal upped their game a bit and forced Liverpool to sit deeper which will naturally make anyone who'd upfront a bit more isolated. That's why he got taken off - they needed more men at the back to prevent Arsenal from dominating the game even more. That description of his performance is way too trivial.

Couldn't be further away from the truth. He was very threatening in the first half - in the second half Arsenal upped their game a bit and forced Liverpool to sit deeper which will naturally make anyone who'd upfront a bit more isolated. That's why he got taken off - they needed more men at the back to prevent Arsenal from dominating the game even more. That description of his performance is way too trivial.

It's goal.com's description of his game, might be a bit harsh. Though, I had an eye on the game and he seemed wasteful to me. They were lucky that the ball bounced to Suarez after he shot straight at the GK. Also Suarez did a superb pass to him with curving the ball into the path of Sturridge with outside of his right foot, he failed to control it. These are only 2 examples. One thing is to be lively as a fireaspark but if you can't convert your chances as ST, it will leave a negative image on his performance. Look at Torres for example. He has 26 assists as a striker for us in his stay at Chelsea, takes part of the build up play but still gets abuse, why? - Because it's frustrating to see him play and squander chances.

It's goal.com's description of his game, might be a bit harsh. Though, I had an eye on the game and he seemed wasteful to me. They were lucky that the ball bounced to Suarez after he shot straight at the GK. Also Suarez did a superb pass to him with curving the ball into the path of Sturridge with outside of his right foot, he failed to control it. These are only 2 examples. One thing is to be lively as a fireaspark but if you can't convert your chances as ST, it will leave a negative image on his performance. Look at Torres for example. He has 26 assists as a striker for us in his stay at Chelsea, takes part of the build up play but still gets abuse, why? - Because it's frustrating to see him play and squander chances.

I see what you mean but regarding his chance, I don't think he failed to control it... He just tried to hit it first time with his weaker foot which was a bad decision. What he should've done is controlled it, taken on his man and he'd probably have a better chance of scoring.

I see what you mean but regarding his chance, I don't think he failed to control it... He just tried to hit it first time with his weaker foot which was a bad decision. What he should've done is controlled it, taken on his man and he'd probably have a better chance of scoring.

Agree with you here. Definitely brought flare and options to Liverpool's attack with keeping defenders on their toes constantly spotting him and marking him.

Yup better Managers than RdM and RB could have made this kid really something...

AVB to his credit got the most out of him and seems Brendan Rodgers is too!!!

Now, where's this selfishness everybody liked to quote? He found Suarez brilliantly and has been playing hard for the team!!

It was a mistake letting him go, that much was clear.. Sturridge > Torres

Yup better Managers than RdM and RB could have made this kid really something...

AVB to his credit got the most out of him and seems Brendan Rodgers is too!!!

Now, where's this selfishness everybody liked to quote? He found Suarez brilliantly and has been playing hard for the team!!

It was a mistake letting him go, that much was clear.. Sturridge > Torres

Liverpool have not gread midfielders but they know what their role is.

Suarez and Sturridge have more freedom to move around.

I think what helps him is that he can manage his run even better on Suarez run with the ball that also move defenders.

At least we know BR can get the best out of him, as he can with a lot of young players. But can you imagine him still here with Rafa? Not a chance he's be working as hard as he is now. No way.

As I've been saying, Rafa is absolutely useless at motivating players and that's what players like Danny need most, not fucking tactics. I can't stress enough how important motivation is for young players and for the board to appoint, probably the most useless manager ever regarding motivating players, to oversee a rather young Chelsea squad, well, there are no words....

And before someone asks "how I know Rafa doesn't motivate them?", have you seen our performances under him? Seen him at in Inter? Heard Mazzrati recently?

He also setup two chances for Suarez and was Liverpool's best player in the first half in a big match, while if Ba gets injured we have to play Torres not even taking into account the fact we only have Torres for the Europa League. Our board is a joke - simple as that.

Fuck everyone here who used to say that Danny was overrated and whatnot. I have been a huge supporter of him and the fact that he didnt even GET AN HONEST CHANCE at Chelsea is what keeps pissing me off.

PLUS the fact that we got rid of a hungry striker and kept the useless blonde cunt.

And as if that wasnt enough, we sold Danny to Liverpool who have FUCKED US UP in numerous of ways.

Oh and btw, you guys can play the "his attitude" card, but to be honest I have not seen a single fact that even hints at that Danny would have a bad attitude. Some of you say he is selfish. Well, he is a striker. And its not wierd that the guy is hungry to score after not playing for many games, getting 15 minutes OF COURSE he wants to score. He has that hunger. As should a striker have. The reason some of you guys react on that is because you have obviousley been infected by Torres. I think some of you think that is how a striker should be, but with better finishing.