Daniel Sturridge

the wes

People calling Sturridge inconsistent on the wing, should rewatch Ba's second half of last season on the wing(when Cisse was signed and played centrally). Simply put some strikers need to be played as such and not be shunned on the wing if you want them to be effective.

You dont understand what Im saying. Im saying we would be better off selling Torres for ONE SINGLE EURO and keep Danny.

And no, we are definatley not fine in the striker department and ABSOLUTLEY not long term. That just shows how little you know. Torres isnt good enough for us as a second striker. He has a weak personality, we saw that when Drogba was still in Chelsea. Torres HAS to go.

Danny gave us inconsistency? You are just talking out of nothing. Just look at when he was a regular winger. He scored lots of goals, important ones, and he was very effective very often. DESPITE PLAYING OUT OF POSITION. And say what you want about him, just look at how he's played in Liverpool. He is getting regular playtime in a prefered position. Its not strange he is better.

Its the same situation as with Lukaku. Many wrote him off when he played for us, he had a poor touch etc... Well he hardly got any playtime and when he got 5mins everyone expected a Drogba-finals-performance. Just look at him now.

And regarding the RVP comparision, again you are just throwing stuff out there. Clearly clueless...

You dont understand what Im saying. Im saying we would be better off selling Torres for ONE SINGLE EURO and keep Danny.

And no, we are definatley not fine in the striker department and ABSOLUTLEY not long term. That just shows how little you know. Torres isnt good enough for us as a second striker. He has a weak personality, we saw that when Drogba was still in Chelsea. Torres HAS to go.

Danny gave us inconsistency? You are just talking out of nothing. Just look at when he was a regular winger. He scored lots of goals, important ones, and he was very effective very often. DESPITE PLAYING OUT OF POSITION. And say what you want about him, just look at how he's played in Liverpool. He is getting regular playtime in a prefered position. Its not strange he is better.

Its the same situation as with Lukaku. Many wrote him off when he played for us, he had a poor touch etc... Well he hardly got any playtime and when he got 5mins everyone expected a Drogba-finals-performance. Just look at him now.

And regarding the RVP comparision, again you are just throwing stuff out there. Clearly clueless...

You really need to stop with the constant insults to decent supporters. You don't seem to be able to post without doing so.

And can we get away from this notion that we simply decided to keep Torres and sell Sturridge. Sturridge's contract was expiring and there were people willing to pay double what we paid for him. That simply isn't the case with Torres (as far as I know).

Everybody know we'd have been better off selling Torres, but we haven't! What's done is done now, having a moan about the same thing over and over again won't change that. Just get over it. Yeah in the long term we have Lukaku, Feruz, Bamford, likely to get a new striker in summer, plus Ba but yet i know little. It's funny how you like to label me clueless but yet have 'selling Danny is our biggest mistake since buying Torres' in your name despite in that period chelsea sacking Rdm, Ancelotti, hiring Benitez etc, but hey i'm clueless.

Of course Torres is good enough to be a striking option for us. 15 goals this season and your telling me he's not good enough to be an option. His problem has always been he's not good enough to be our starting striker's as an option to have he's perfectly fine.

Yeah he did give us inconsistency. He had a fantastic start last season, but tailed off after January and started missing easy chances which led to him getting dropped and not seeing much game time. He's also just started at liverpool and is keen to impress. Judge him once he's settled and got comfortable and then we'll see how truly great a striker he is. Im certainly not shedding any tears about selling Danny, especially after replacing him with Demba

You really need to stop with the constant insults to decent supporters. You don't seem to be able to post without doing so.

And can we get away from this notion that we simply decided to keep Torres and sell Sturridge. Sturridge's contract was expiring and there were people willing to pay double what we paid for him. That simply isn't the case with Torres (as far as I know).

Extremely childish

Can't believe people are so stubborn when it comes to Sturridge they can't even have a semblance of admittance that it could be a mistake selling him. I don't understand when they say things like ,"I don't care about Sturridge, average player, won't miss him", and then get so blatantly wound up if he even infers anything about Chelsea, or if someone says something positive about himself. They obviously care about him then. Or their pride..

People's reactions to Sturridge going is no different to people commenting on AVB/RDM compared to Rafa, while AVB is doing well, or no different to comments I see a lot about how it was a mistake to loan x and y out and keep so and so. But people just seem to be very bitter about it when it comes to Sturridge.

Sturridge was never trusted by Di Matteo, by the time RDM came to his senses it was over for both him and Sturridge, I remember the West Brom away game, where Torres was useless for 60 minutes, Sturridge was shifted to the centre and Torres was subbed, the dynamics of the game changed completely. He combined almost effortlessly with Mata and could have had a hattrick in 30 minutes had it not been for some great saves by Myhill and one or two bad misses.

Sturridge has so much to his game, his passing, movement and general abilities on the ball are far greater than any English forward of his age, he'll go on to have a very successful career, it's just a shame it wouldn't be at Chelsea.

Chelsea is just to hot for a young talent to develop, Sturridge was even booed by Chelsea fans at the Bridge, the only way the club can develop young talents in the current atmosphere would be to send them on loan at clubs where there's less pressure to succeed, and come back when they're ready to secure a first team position.

We can say to ourselves that he wasn't up to Chelsea standards or whatever, but the fact is, he's playing brilliantly for Liverpool right now. Whoever says he's not, is clearly blind. I've one of Danny's biggest critics and, I've no shame in admitting it, City could just not handle him today.

And the fact that we sold such a versatile player is ridiculous when you see our "depth". I'd be much more comfortable selling him if we even gave him half a chance at the start of the season, but we didn't. No run of games, nothing. Not even RDM gave him a chance.

This is a scenario where I think we were better off not buying Oscar. Don't get me wrong, I love the lad, and one day he'll be great; but when it was announced that we signed him, my first question, I'm sure like many here, was: "Who is he?" and my second was "Is he a DM?". I just felt that Oscar is a bit of an overkill in the CAM department, especially since it seems it's the only position he can play. I love him, but £25m could've been better used in other areas of the squad. We could've had 2 very good or 1 world class DM for that price (Cabaye, Capoué, Beñat etc.). This probably would've given Danny more playing time too.

It's just me rambling at this point, but I'd much prefer if we had spent that money elsewhere and had Mata/Hazard for CAM/W, Moses/Sturridge/Marin for the wings and Ba/Sturridge/Torres(cunt) up front. Better yet, it'd be great if Torres fucked off at the start of the season when we could've got money for him, but now we won't even get £12m...

Anyway, I wish Danny all the best. If he keeps performing like that, surely it's another nail in the coffin of Emenalo and our board? Doubt it...

Everybody know we'd have been better off selling Torres, but we haven't! What's done is done now, having a moan about the same thing over and over again won't change that. Just get over it. Yeah in the long term we have Lukaku, Feruz, Bamford, likely to get a new striker in summer, plus Ba but yet i know little. It's funny how you like to label me clueless but yet have 'selling Danny is our biggest mistake since buying Torres' in your name despite in that period chelsea sacking Rdm, Ancelotti, hiring Benitez etc, but hey i'm clueless.

Of course Torres is good enough to be a striking option for us. 15 goals this season and your telling me he's not good enough to be an option. His problem has always been he's not good enough to be our starting striker's as an option to have he's perfectly fine.

Yeah he did give us inconsistency. He had a fantastic start last season, but tailed off after January and started missing easy chances which led to him getting dropped and not seeing much game time. He's also just started at liverpool and is keen to impress. Judge him once he's settled and got comfortable and then we'll see how truly great a striker he is. Im certainly not shedding any tears about selling Danny, especially after replacing him with Demba

1. Again, you are missing the point. We should have kept Danny and obviousley Torres would still be in the team. Do you stand by the fact that we are going into the Europa League (after a fiasco in the CL) with just Torres as striker?

2. No, Torres isnt good enough for us as a striker option. He is too bloody expensive for that and he isnt as good as your making him. Statistics isnt what matters most of the time. How many goals did Drogba score for us the last season? Not many, but look at how important they were and in what matter he scored them. Torres is pure shit, to say he is good enough for us is to downtalk Chelsea.

3. Im talking about the fact that people say that Danny is/was overrated, despite the fact that he has spent most of his minutes for us out of position and never been given the trust or chance in his natural position. And even though we were in a dip of form, we still insisted to play that blonde cunt.

Our board is simply retarded.

Sturridge was never trusted by Di Matteo, by the time RDM came to his senses it was over for both him and Sturridge, I remember the West Brom away game, where Torres was useless for 60 minutes, Sturridge was shifted to the centre and Torres was subbed, the dynamics of the game changed completely. He combined almost effortlessly with Mata and could have had a hattrick in 30 minutes had it not been for some great saves by Myhill and one or two bad misses.

Sturridge has so much to his game, his passing, movement and general abilities on the ball are far greater than any English forward of his age, he'll go on to have a very successful career, it's just a shame it wouldn't be at Chelsea.

We can say to ourselves that he wasn't up to Chelsea standards or whatever, but the fact is, he's playing brilliantly for Liverpool right now. Whoever says he's not, is clearly blind. I've one of Danny's biggest critics and, I've no shame in admitting it, City could just not handle him today.

And the fact that we sold such a versatile player is ridiculous when you see our "depth". I'd be much more comfortable selling him if we even gave him half a chance at the start of the season, but we didn't. No run of games, nothing. Not even RDM gave him a chance.

This is a scenario where I think we were better off not buying Oscar. Don't get me wrong, I love the lad, and one day he'll be great; but when it was announced that we signed him, my first question, I'm sure like many here, was: "Who is he?" and my second was "Is he a DM?". I just felt that Oscar is a bit of an overkill in the CAM department, especially since it seems it's the only position he can play. I love him, but £25m could've been better used in other areas of the squad. We could've had 2 very good or 1 world class DM for that price (Cabaye, Capoué, Beñat etc.). This probably would've given Danny more playing time too.

It's just me rambling at this point, but I'd much prefer if we had spent that money elsewhere and had Mata/Hazard for CAM/W, Moses/Sturridge/Marin for the wings and Ba/Sturridge/Torres(cunt) up front. Better yet, it'd be great if Torres fucked off at the start of the season when we could've got money for him, but now we won't even get £12m...

Anyway, I wish Danny all the best. If he keeps performing like that, surely it's another nail in the coffin of Emenalo and our board? Doubt it...

I don't think oscar is the problem. Since RDM took over, he moved danny to bech player. He was first team player under AVB

He played well, but he was just an unfortunate victim of the Torres transfer. We couldn't flush a £50 million investment down the toilet without giving him more opportunities and Danny wanted to be the main striker. We did well to cash in on him when we did and we replaced him well with Ba and Moses.

Constant recriminations and 'I told you so's' are surely going to get tiresome aren't they?

He played well, but he was just an unfortunate victim of the Torres transfer. We couldn't flush a £50 million investment down the toilet without giving him more opportunities and Danny wanted to be the main striker. We did well to cash in on him when we did and we replaced him well with Ba and Moses.

Constant recriminations and 'I told you so's' are surely going to get tiresome aren't they?

TBF he did not really play as "striker" in liverpool. He drifted wide most of the time. I am not really sure torres was the prorblem we can always play danny on the wing

1. Again, you are missing the point. We should have kept Danny and obviousley Torres would still be in the team. Do you stand by the fact that we are going into the Europa League (after a fiasco in the CL) with just Torres as striker?

2. No, Torres isnt good enough for us as a striker option. He is too bloody expensive for that and he isnt as good as your making him. Statistics isnt what matters most of the time. How many goals did Drogba score for us the last season? Not many, but look at how important they were and in what matter he scored them. Torres is pure shit, to say he is good enough for us is to downtalk Chelsea.

3. Im talking about the fact that people say that Danny is/was overrated, despite the fact that he has spent most of his minutes for us out of position and never been given the trust or chance in his natural position. And even though we were in a dip of form, we still insisted to play that blonde cunt.

Our board is simply retarded.

1. See now you are a being clearer in your point. Well the fact that it seems we were desperate to get rid of Danny, gives the impression that something wasn't right behind closed doors. Otherwise we'd have fought to keep him and not sold him so lightly. Gives a bit of credence to the 'attitude' rumours

2. I'm not going to go into this. It's not downtalk to Chelsea. What i've seen from Torres is an inconsistent striker this season. One which isn't good enough to start, but one who can do a job at times. I don't like statistics but it's still a fact that he's scored 15 goals this season which is a decent tally. You obviously disagree

3. Sturridge kept on picking up little knocks. It's hard to play him when that happens

As I said earlier, all that's annoying is all of this 'I told you so' business and these comparisons with Torres. We all know Torres is shit. We all know Torres is the one who should have gone by now. We all know that Sturridge has talent. But Sturridge has gone now and he's not our player. Acknowledgement is fine, but it's just better to move on

TBF he did not really play as "striker" in liverpool. He drifted wide most of the time. I am not really sure torres was the prorblem we can always play danny on the wing

He did. Suarez played behind him, with Gerrard in the middle alongside Lucas. He was Liverpool's furthest man up. Moving into channels is just part of his game.

He did. Suarez played behind him, with Gerrard in the middle alongside Lucas. He was Liverpool's furthest man up. Moving into channels is just part of his game.

I agree, he played as striker when they are on defense but when they are on attack,he tends to drift wide like you said to find channel. and tends to play like a winger