Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Let me try and sum Danny up: Brilliant movements and runs, not so brilliant finishing and terrible decisions at times. Do I want a player like him to be our number one striker? No. Should he have been our number one striker over Torres? Hands down.

Let me try and sum Danny up: Brilliant movements and runs, not so brilliant finishing and terrible decisions at times. Do I want a player like him to be our number one striker? No. Should he have been our number one striker over Torres? Hands down.

2 lines to sum him up perfectly. the last line leaves a bitter taste...

He put five fingers up. The cynic could say he did it for 5 European Cups (highly doubt), others saying he was 'high fiving' united fans. Or maybe he just put five fingers up and didn't mean anything by it? Not really bothered.

Is it true he celebrated by signalling 5 European Cups? If so... wow.

Highly doubt it, especially in the match. Did see the celebration, was kind of odd.. Maybe he'll explain it tomorrow, we know he loves giving absurd interviews to LFC :lol:

Was watching the United v Pool highlights and found myself shouting at Danny whenever he shot instead of looking up and bringing others into play. Then I realized it is a huge relief to see him in a different clubs shirt. Now those scouse scumbags can suffer his greedy egotistical footballing circus act.

sturridge really made an impact. His Maloudaesque left footed finish from left channel apparently aimed at the sidenetting was classic. With better finishing he could have won the game for LFC. I think for now we got the better end of the ransfer window with Demba Ba, far more mature and effective than Studge, but longter, who knows...

I think Sturridge has a good finish on him. Does anyone blame him for being a bit rusty though? In the last 6 months he's started about 5 games. What do you expect? I think him and Suarez will be a hit, they compliment each other quite well.

Does anyone else get the feeling there's a few posters in this thread who can't wait to say 'I told you so' about Sturridge. I get the feeling they'd be delighted if he scored a couple of goals against us in the next league game.

Not gonna lie, I'm one of them.

Though I won't be delighted if he scores v. Us.

If you actually watched the game you'd have seen he was their best player in the second half and really changed the game for them, as well as creating 3 chances for Suarez and Borini.

I watched extended highlight's which basically cuts out him spitting and wondering around when the ball is out of play. Yes his movement did change the momentum and caused problems for United . Yes he did pounce on a rebound to bag a goal and yes maybe he was Liverpool's best player in the second half. Though that still does not change the fact that Danny is one of the greediest, most selfish footballers I have ever seen. It wasn't a huge achievement to out play his team mates when coming of the bench, seeing as Liverpool couldn't really be playing much worse. I can almost garuntee if had Sturridge has started in yesterdays game then he wouldn't have had the same impact as he does from coming on as a substitute. United were almost cruising against a inconsistent Pool side with a prolific Van Persie leading the victory. When Daniel came on, it was merely his pace and movement that caught United out. If he had less of a selfish desire to take glory by passing or crossing once in a while then maybe he could have stolen a draw or even a late victory for the scousers....BUT no, not Sturridge the man with such enormous potential, who was once dubbed Englands brightest prospect. No this man has to try and do it all himself and waste chance after chance, by beating the last defender at acute angles to only blast the ball into the side netting. Exactly what I saw him do time and time again for us on soo many occasions. It became a running joke and is why he was dropped from the team even though everyone could see his potential. I was rooting for him to mature in his game and produce a consistantly devistating impact for us but it just never happened and I doubt it ever will for Danny. Mainly like a lot have said before me on these very forums, he thinks he is a superstar footballer blinded by ego when in truth he needs to work a million times harder.

I watched extended highlight's which basically cuts out him spitting and wondering around when the ball is out of play. Yes his movement did change the momentum and caused problems for United . Yes he did pounce on a rebound to bag a goal and yes maybe he was Liverpool's best player in the second half. Though that still does not change the fact that Danny is one of the greediest, most selfish footballers I have ever seen. It wasn't a huge achievement to out play his team mates when coming of the bench, seeing as Liverpool couldn't really be playing much worse. I can almost garuntee if had Sturridge has started in yesterdays game then he wouldn't have had the same impact as he does from coming on as a substitute. United were almost cruising against a inconsistent Pool side with a prolific Van Persie leading the victory. When Daniel came on, it was merely his pace and movement that caught United out. If he had less of a selfish desire to take glory by passing or crossing once in a while then maybe he could have stolen a draw or even a late victory for the scousers....BUT no, not Sturridge the man with such enormous potential, who was once dubbed Englands brightest prospect. No this man has to try and do it all himself and waste chance after chance, by beating the last defender at acute angles to only blast the ball into the side netting. Exactly what I saw him do time and time again for us on soo many occasions. It became a running joke and is why he was dropped from the team even though everyone could see his potential. I was rooting for him to mature in his game and produce a consistantly devistating impact for us but it just never happened and I doubt it ever will for Danny. Mainly like a lot have said before me on these very forums, he thinks he is a superstar footballer blinded by ego when in truth he needs to work a million times harder.

You say that maybe if he looked to pass or cross in a while, maybe they'd have drawn - you obviously missed his cross from the left straight to Borini's head which he scuffed, or the volley he also set up for Borini, sliding Suarez through who's touch let him down. It happens every match - Sturridge will generally have a good game, but he so much as takes one shot that is not a goal and people go back to the usual.

How dare Sturridge, a striker, shoots.