Daniel Sturridge

the wes

I agree, he played as striker when they are on defense but when they are on attack,he tends to drift wide like you said to find channel. and tends to play like a winger

Nothing wrong with drifting out wide at all IMO. Doesn't mean you're a winger.

1) It allows and creates space for the likes of Suarez and Gerrard who are lethal around the box.

2) It's a trademark move of a famous Arsenal legend. Didn't make him any less of a striker!

1) It allows and creates space for the likes of Suarez and Gerrard who are lethal around the box.

2) It's a trademark move of famous Arsenal legend. Didn't make him any less of a striker!

Yap, I actually like that he is drifting wide. Because his main strength is on his speed which he can utilize better on the wing.

It really does not matter what you called him, winger striker. In my OP I just want to point out that he has tendency to drift wide.

2) It's a trademark move of famous Arsenal legend. Didn't make him any less of a striker!

This!!!

World Class Strikers find space, link-up play and then get into the box or a goal scoring position...

We've just watched too much Torres...

I thought Danny was amazing today, held the ball up well, played in his team mates and got MOTM.

Yes, the right thing to do was sell him as he wasnt going to be played for whatever reason - I'm fine that he had an attitude problem, if you were a gifted striker made to sit on the bench whilst Goldibollox played week in week out - wouldn't you be pissed off? I know I would.

So I think it was a 'forced' mistake (only option) I wish him well - especially for England!!!

Just think people need to stop slagging him off - he's proved everybody wrong with a good run of games - shame we couldn't do it :)

Bringing Duff + Bridge into it is silly, this is a young player, not a has-been ;)

Yap, I actually like that he is drifting wide. Because his main strength is on his speed which he can utilize better on the wing.

It really does not matter what you called him, winger striker. In my OP I just want to point out that he has tendency to drift wide.

Bollocks his main strength is his speed.

It may be a major asset & an aspect of his game, but clearly you weren't watching the match today because he picked up a niggling injury in the first half & could barely sprint for the rest of the game - yet it didn't stop him finding space & eluding the City defence with his instinctive movement & some lovely touches - & most impressively distributing to his teammates with the kind of incredible passes that you would expect from top class European playmakers - rather than an English forward.

He put in the performance of his life today - & it had nothing to do with simply outrunning his opponents with sheer pace down the wings.

Sorry if I come off as harsh in this post, but I feel that you're simply trivialising him as this pure pace-demon, which is unfair & somewhat derogatory towards him as the far more complete player he is in reality.

He drops into deeper & wider positions to pick up the ball & link up the play like any top class ball-playing forward does to provide an extra option to the midfielders & help relieve pressure so his team can build an attack - & he did that brilliantly today.

Bollocks his main strength is his speed.

It may be a major asset & an aspect of his game, but clearly you weren't watching the match today because he picked up a niggling injury in the first half & could barely sprint for the rest of the game - yet it didn't stop him finding space & eluding the City defence with his instinctive movement & some lovely touches - & most impressively distributing to his teammates with the kind of incredible passes that you would expect from top class European playmakers - rather than an English forward.

He put in the performance of his life today - & it had nothing to do with simply outrunning his opponents with sheer pace down the wings.

Sorry if I come off as harsh in this post, but I feel that you're simply trivialising him as this pure pace-demon, which is unfair & somewhat derogatory towards him as the far more complete player he is in reality.

He drops into deeper & wider positions to pick up the ball & link up the play like any top class ball-playing forward does to provide an extra option to the midfielders & help relieve pressure so his team can build an attack - & he did that brilliantly today.

I have never said that he is a bad footballer. I simply pointed out his main strength which is his speed which is better utilized on the wing. Even danny knows this, all game long he tend to drift wide to find channel/space to run into

Because what?

Because he was unhappy and 12m is a good money for him? Because Ba is a better player? Because we will buy Falcao/Cavani in the summer? Because we still have Torres and Lukaku (like it or not)? Because he has a shit atitude? Because he wants to be the center of attention that wont happen at Chelsea? Etc...

bollocks

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see him against Swansea yesterday? The guy just screams potential. He was such a handful to the Swansea stronghold. Scored a pen and assisted a magnificent team move. He's made such a difference to the Liverpool team - could've easily had 3 or 4 today on a different day. Once he finds his finishing boots again he'll be some signing for Liverpool. 4 goals in 5 PL games for them already.

He's already won around a lot of Liverpool fans that were slating the signing.

It is a shame we will never get to see him become a top player in a Chelsea shirt. Mind you, I think this is a good fit for Sturridge, as he is best starting week in week out, where the chances to get that oppurtinity at Chelsea were scarce. The fluid system he plays with Suarez also suits his style, similar to AVB and the slightly more free role he had at Bolton with Davies, as opposed to RDM and Benitez's rigid 4231.

It is also not goalscoring. Mentioned this before but Sturridge is actually pretty creative. Good awareness and ball control, and has a pretty good pass.

Oh well..

You forgot Amels, he can't play up top on his own; can't hold up the ball; is not blonde; is not white; wasn't signed from Liverpool for 50 million pounds; doesn't make 175k p/w.

So far he has 5 goals, played a total of 526 minutes in the EPL this season scored a goal every 105.2 minutes. And I included the 160 minutes he played here this season and his one goal against Tottenham in the EPL, he only played once for more than 20 minutes in the League for us and that was against West Brom.

Torres has the massive 7 goals in a total of 2045 minutes which is the fantastic return of scoring one goal every 292 minutes he graces us with his presence.

God bless Roman and his never ending love for the Floppes

You forgot Amels, he can't play up top on his own; can't hold up the ball; is not blonde; is not white; wasn't signed from Liverpool for 50 million pounds; doesn't make 175k p/w.

So far he has 5 goals, played a total of 526 minutes in the EPL this season scored a goal every 105.2 minutes. And I included the 160 minutes he played here this season and his one goal against Tottenham in the EPL, he only played once for more than 20 minutes in the League for us and that was against West Brom.

Torres has the massive 7 goals in a total of 2045 minutes which is the fantastic return of scoring one goal every 292 minutes he graces us with his presence.

God bless Roman and his never ending love for the Floppes

But he's a selfish cunt, he doesn't want to pass, he's only shooting...

It is a shame we will never get to see him become a top player in a Chelsea shirt. Mind you, I think this is a good fit for Sturridge, as he is best starting week in week out, where the chances to get that oppurtinity at Chelsea were scarce. The fluid system he plays with Suarez also suits his style, similar to AVB and the slightly more free role he had at Bolton with Davies, as opposed to RDM and Benitez's rigid 4231.

It is also not goalscoring. Mentioned this before but Sturridge is actually pretty creative. Good awareness and ball control, and has a pretty good pass.

Oh well..

Anyone see him against Swansea yesterday? The guy just screams potential. He was such a handful to the Swansea stronghold. Scored a pen and assisted a magnificent team move. He's made such a difference to the Liverpool team - could've easily had 3 or 4 today on a different day. Once he finds his finishing boots again he'll be some signing for Liverpool. 4 goals in 5 PL games for them already.

He's already won around a lot of Liverpool fans that were slating the signing.

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Over-a-Break-Up

Are people still crying over this useless shite?

He's gone, gone to a mid table scouserpool side much more suited to his level, which is great because now i can whole heartily dislike him

Ba is better, torres is shit, we'll get another striker in time.

Get over it, sturridge is gone and good riddance.

He's gone, gone to a mid table scouserpool side much more suited to his level, which is great because now i can whole heartily dislike him

This... just... what...?

Why do you come to the Sturridge thread if you don't want to see people talking about him?

Don't mind the Count, he is like a massive Torres fan boy who prefers blonde flop ahead of Sturridge and was slating Sturridge when he was still our player and defending that "useless shite" that's costing us 175k p/w.

Count your posts are "useless shite", you can't change your "useless shite" post history