Daniel Sturridge

the wes

You say that maybe if he looked to pass or cross in a while, maybe they'd have drawn - you obviously missed his cross from the left straight to Borini's head which he scuffed, or the volley he also set up for Borini, sliding Suarez through who's touch let him down. It happens every match - Sturridge will generally have a good game, but he so much as takes one shot that is not a goal and people go back to the usual.

How dare Sturridge, a striker, shoots.

One shot ..He took more than one shot and you are not getting the point I am trying to make. It isn't the amount of shots he takes that bothered me it was the manner in which he would take them. When clearly for the benefit of the team and the desire to win the game as a team, the decision to pass or cross is a far better option than shooting when dribbling down the wing in some situations.! You must not have watched Danny in a Chelsea shirt.

One shot ..He took more than one shot and you are not getting the point I am trying to make. It isn't the amount of shots he takes that bothered me it was the manner in which he would take them. When clearly for the benefit of the team and the desire to win the game as a team, the decision to pass or cross is a far better option than shooting when dribbling down the wing in some situations.! You must not have watched Danny in a Chelsea shirt.

Only one of his shots was wasteful, is what Ja1 was trying to say.

Still an overrated, arrogant cunt. Can't wait to see him never play CL football for the next 10 years where as Oscar, Hazard, Mata etc all play it for years to come :D

He scored a tap in, missed a massive sitter and hit the side netting when he probably should have looked to cross it, so what? How is that 'amazing' as some of yous make out.

And I'm saying that I can recall him wasting more than just one shot.

He hit the side netting at least twice and put a decent opportunity at least 3 yards wide of De Gea's right hand post. Also missed that sitter on his right foot....

Still an overrated, arrogant cunt. Can't wait to see him never play CL football for the next 10 years where as Oscar, Hazard, Mata etc all play it for years to come :D

He scored a tap in, missed a massive sitter and hit the side netting when he probably should have looked to cross it, so what? How is that 'amazing' as some of yous make out.

When reading posts like yours it feels like Sturridge has betrayed our club or something by going to Liverpool, but im 100% that sturridge really wanted to succed at this club. But for the sake of his career he went to Liverpool, a club that can offer him time on the pitch, something Torres didnt let Sturridge at Chelsea.

When reading posts like yours it feels like Sturridge has betrayed our club or something by going to Liverpool, but im 100% that sturridge really wanted to succed at this club. But for the sake of his career he went to Liverpool, a club that can offer him time on the pitch, something Torres didnt let Sturridge at Chelsea.

I don't feel he has betrayed our club, I just didn't see the 'hype' around Sturridge as a CF.

He hit the side netting at least twice and put a decent opportunity at least 3 yards wide of De Gea's right hand post. Also missed that sitter on his right foot....

Analytically correct. Why our own fan's are trying to defend a player's evidently non existant contribution to success is beyond me. Better yet the success of another club.

Analytically correct. Why our own fan's are trying to defend a player's evidently non existant contribution to success is beyond me. Better yet the success of another club.

Yeah defending Sturridge is mind boggling while calling him an overrated cunt is perfectly alright.

It's useless because people are basing it on highlights. As said, if you actually watched the game, you would have seen Sturridge create chances, change the game for Liverpool. It is baffling how people are so bitter about him, and then say they do not care that he has gone. Liverpool fans, MOTD, most player ratings, all say he was good. Someone said earlier I supposedly want Sturridge to do well so I can say I told you so (not true) - I could equally say others are trying to kid themselves that he's not a good player, didn't make a positive contribution and wouldn't have to this squad over Torres.

It's useless because people are basing it on highlights. As said, if you actually watched the game, you would have seen Sturridge create chances, change the game for Liverpool. It is baffling how people are so bitter about him, and then say they do not care that he has gone. Liverpool fans, MOTD, most player ratings, all say he was good. Someone said earlier I supposedly want Sturridge to do well so I can say I told you so (not true) - I could equally say others are trying to kid themselves that he's not a good player, didn't make a positive contribution and wouldn't have to this squad over Torres.

ok but give it a rest now

Yeah defending Sturridge is mind boggling while calling him an overrated cunt is perfectly alright.

At when and which point have I written the words 'Sturridge is an overrated cunt' ?

Please do quote the very words. To make such accusations is proposterous and actually rather misleading. I have only set out to explain my frustration towards Daniels game and you are twisting it as if I have a personal vendetta against him. Maybe I do, I don't know but I haven't questioned the lads ability I have criticized his continuously greedy performances.

Sorry I didn't mean to re-post the same comments. I am having to use my phone amd it has a mind of it's own at most of the time.

Sturridge played very well and he's going to play very well in more games and poorly in others. Yes, we should have given him more chances and yes 12M for a player with 6 months left on his contract was good business. None of that matters now. He's gone. I don't want to have to see this topic explode every time he does well or poorly.

At when and which point have I written the words 'Sturridge is an overrated cunt' ?

Please do quote the very words. To make such accusations is proposterous and actually rather misleading. I have only set out to explain my frustration towards Daniels game and you are twisting it as if I have a personal vendetta against him. Maybe I do, I don't know but I haven't questioned the lads ability I have criticized his continuously greedy performances.

You asked why people defended Sturridge in a thread where others are calling him a cunt?