Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, because the thread is less than 24 hours old. :rolleyes:

The fact is that most of the posts after last night's game aren't about '1 good cross'. The wankfest has been going on for a while too.

Might as well get Beckham out of retirement, heard he's good at crossing..

Don't get why people are talking about his crossing. His primary job (in attack) here would be making runs in behind Eden to give him that extra bit of space to work with and provide width when we're passing the ball around.

He's 18 years old and already a very solid left back who's only going to get better. He's got a sh*tload of pace which is kinda handy when you have to get up and down the field. He's comfortable on the ball which suits our playing style.

He's got height and is already quite strong for an 18 year old which ,again, is only going to get better as he ages.

It is a lot of money to pay for him, however the market is inflated, he's english, he's young and Southampton have a strong bargaining position. If you take all these things into consideration then it's not that suprising that Southampton are asking upwards of 25 million.

pardon me. There I was thinking only proven, world class fullbacks commanded record/exorbitant transfer fees in the past. I wonder how much players like Lahm, Alaba, marcelo et al would go for then £100m?. football has gone mental.

well look at Coentrao (30 m), Digne (15m), Marquinhos (30 m or something like this?!). Even Varane who played in the 2nd french league did cost 10 m. The market has changed and especially with City and United as rivals, his price will go up high. Futhermore LB is one of the rarest positions in the world, so everybody tries to fix it for as long as possible.

Nope, he didn't. Gaston Ramirez got the assist for that one as he sort of flick Shaw's cross onto Puncheon's path to score.

Fair enough.

Anyway Alaba only has three assists this season, in his entire Career at Bayern he only has 12 assists. Baines has 0 assists this season, last season 5 and the season before that 2. Alba only has 1 assist this season, last season 5.

My point is, it's not really a LBs job to get assists. It's not something you can hold against Shaw as some sort of flaw in his game...

I know you only stated a fact, but certain people in this thread are trying to use it as leverage for their argument.

Edited by James

Fair enough.

Anyway Alaba only has three assists this season, in his entire Career at Bayern he only has 12 assists. Baines has 0 assists this season, last season 5 and the season before that 2. Alba only has 1 assist this season, last season 5.

My point is, it's not really a LBs job to get assists. It's no big deal.

You should never argue with a statman. :P

Yes, because the thread is less than 24 hours old. :rolleyes:

The fact is that most of the posts after last night's game aren't about '1 good cross'. The wankfest has been going on for a while too.

You again? :wank2:

Great contribution to the thread :blink:

Sorry, but I'm supposed to be on his ignore list according to him. Though, he still tries his hardest to wind me up and start arguments every now and then over pedantic things. Just letting him know that his antics don't work. :)

It's the last time I respond to him publically anyway, sorry about that Alex! :)

Sorry, but I'm supposed to be on his ignore list according to him. Though, he still tries his hardest to wind me up and start arguments every now and then over pedantic things. Just letting him know that his antics don't work. :)

It's the last time I respond to him publically anyway, sorry about that Alex! :)

Good. Obviously I can't force you to like people, but if you think someone is an idiot, just put them on your ignore list! :)

Good. Obviously I can't force you to like people, but if you think someone is an idiot, just put them on your ignore list! :)

So that is why I am on your ignore list ....

idiot.gif

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You