Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaw is one of the best left-backs in the league, regardless of his age. He'd be starting the majority of games, although I'd expect Azpi to play some games there too.

that he is.

He's also very inexperienced and young. Would he feel comfortable playing Barcelona in Spain? Or another European giant. Would Chelsea feel comfortable starting him in those already challenging conditions for experienced players?

There is some degree of risk as SOTON are very small compared to Chelsea - they don't really compete in Europe.

that he is.

He's also very inexperienced and young. Would he feel comfortable playing Barcelona in Spain? Or another European giant. Would Chelsea feel comfortable starting him in those already challenging conditions for experienced players?

There is some degree of risk as SOTON does are very small compared to Chelsea - they don't really compete in Europe.

Like I said, we could start Azpi on the left and Ivanovic on the right if Jose felt we needed that.

Like I said, we could start Azpi on the left and Ivanovic on the right if Jose felt we needed that.

sure just some folks are adamant about having a lefty as a left back - because of the tight spaces and added width. I've seen perfect crosses from Azpi from the right, but never from the left.

that he is.

There is some degree of risk as SOTON are very small compared to Chelsea - they don't really compete in Europe.

Shaw is mature beyond his years, I'm sure he'll be able to cope. He's beyond his years when it comes to maturity in play.

Also, there are barely any bonafide world class left backs to begin with - off the top of my head I'd probably just include Marcelo, Alaba and maybe Alba as world class left backs - Luke Shaw could be for us what Alaba was for Bayern (who was thrown in quite relatively young but also played like he's been in the game for years).

Shaw is mature beyond his years, I'm sure he'll be able to cope. He's beyond his years when it comes to maturity in play.

Also, there are barely any bonafide world class left backs to begin with - off the top of my head I'd probably just include Marcelo, Alaba and maybe Alba as world class left backs - Luke Shaw could be for us what Alaba was for Bayern (who was thrown in quite relatively young but also played like he's been in the game for years).

Alba and Marcelo arent worldclass at defending though. Alaba is both at great (as Lahm is if he plays LB). beside this, there arent many top LBs out their, as you pointed out. Shaw and Rodriguez would be the best options for the summer I think.

Ricardo Rodriguez and Alberto Moreno, havent watched the latter but he is highly rated Spanish LB scouted by both Chelsea and United. Rodriguez has been one of the best LBs in Germany alongside Alaba has a better interception and crossing rate as well compared to Shaw. there were some rumours we may have been trying to get first option on Rodriguez hence delay in the KDB deal. but dont want Shaw has the PL experience factor and dont want him going at all to United, so yea snap him.

Ricardo Rodriguez looks quality too I agree. Under any other circumstances I would be crying out for him. But Shaw is English, and we need some more English players because 1) We're an English club and 2) We need it to fill a quota for competitions. On top of that, I don't think Shaw is any worse than Rodriguez (remember Rodriguez is playing in a poorer league), so for me Shaw all day.

Ricardo Rodriguez looks quality too I agree. Under any other circumstances I would be crying out for him. But Shaw is English, and we need some more English players because 1) We're an English club and 2) We need it to fill a quota for competitions. On top of that, I don't think Shaw is any worse than Rodriguez (remember Rodriguez is playing in a poorer league), so for me Shaw all day.

Bundesliga is not far off from EPL. Besides the one team dominating, 2-5 are all great teams. I like Rodriguez better than Shaw, and he'd probably cheaper.

I haven't seen Shaw play much, but I know for sure, however good he is now, he'd only going to get better under the instruction of Mourinho. Just look at what Mourinho's done for Cahill.

It would be really nice to see a backline with three Englishmen in it as well. The problem for me is I think Azpi has been fantastic and doesn't deserve to be second choice, and on the flip side Shaw is at a point in his career where he should be starting matches as well. It's a similar problem to the Courtois/Cech one where both are too good to be second choice, but the timing is very poor for us.

All this talk about Rodriguez amazes me. Even if he signs, he will take a time frame to adapt to the physicality and rhythm of the PL considering his age and lack of experience, Shaw on the other hand is proven PL material. The extra money paid is going to be worth it.

Anyone other than Shaw is a step back considering Manures are trying to pry him away from Soton as well.

All this talk about Rodriguez amazes me. Even if he signs, he will take a time frame to adapt to the physicality and rhythm of the PL considering his age and lack of experience, Shaw on the other hand is proven PL material. The extra money paid is going to be worth it.

Anyone other than Shaw is a step back considering Manures are trying to pry him away from Soton as well.

and shaw will have to take time to accomodate playing for a top-club with much more pressure and more games etc. Rodriguez is more experienced though. and I would say the change between swiss-league and german league is far bigger than between EPL and Bundesliga. Look at Mata and Co: they where (physically) much much less made for the EPL and still they adapted with ease. Someone like Navas, who was homesick, adapted to the league with ease and he is physically far less compatible than Rodriguez. This argument is just made up I think and a lot of players have proven it in the last years. English league isnt that much harder or faster than other leagues anymore and players integrate themselves with ease.

and shaw will have to take time to accomodate playing for a top-club with much more pressure and more games etc. Rodriguez is more experienced though. and I would say the change between swiss-league and german league is far bigger than between EPL and Bundesliga. Look at Mata and Co: they where (physically) much much less made for the EPL and still they adapted with ease. Someone like Navas, who was homesick, adapted to the league with ease and he is physically far less compatible than Rodriguez. This argument is just made up I think and a lot of players have proven it in the last years. English league isnt that much harder or faster than other leagues anymore and players integrate themselves with ease.

Exactly. Switching from Bundesliga to EPL isn't that drastic. People like to make the EPL seem like a rugby league or something when it's not. Top players can adjust with ease.

We must, otherwise how would he get the necessary experience? The other option would be to buy an established and experienced player and be done with it, but that would just show that the club really aren't serious with all this talk about promoting youth, unless you're a young wonderkid on the radar of every major club in the world. There's a big difference between trusting the Hazards and Oscars of this world and then the Shaws. Plus he's English and Chelsea are an English club, so for me he would be a very good signing replacing an englishman with an englishman. Otherwise we'd be forced to meet the home-grown quota by registering a bunch of no-hopers on the team sheet and have no real use of them. Plus you have to realize that those huge European games come along every now and then a year, it's not like he's gonna play Bayern or Barca every single week, he'd be playing mostly against worse English sides, which he has done with success already.

Still, Shaw comes with much more PL experience and wouldn't fumble playing for a big side given the opportunity. From what I've seen he is more mature than most 20 year olds.He also gives us another HGP. Makes him the better option.

Shaw will end up in Chelsea at some point no matter what (If he will be good enough of course like it seems nowadays). He is a Chelsea fan and will sure want to play for Chelsea one day. EVEN and I highlight the word "even" he signs for United/City/Liverpool/Arsenal. I am sure we will get him off them.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You