Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watching some parts of mancity vs tottenham. I swear their full backs create half of their chances with proper accurate crosses into the box. If we had shaw's crosses from wide, we would be more dangerous.

WE are not a fill the box type team though. unless Oscar, and a DM starts making more runs into the box

WE are not a fill the box type team though. unless Oscar, and a DM starts making more runs into the box

But aguero is shorter than oscar and they cross accurately to him in the box with early crosses. But you are right, we don't really have bodies unless lampard plays. Which is why he should be starting against smaller teams.

If we wont get Shaw, Alex Sandro would another superb option. He had amazing CL form this season and he is everything you can get from Full back. Top defending, flair, unnormal speed, brilliant crosses and strenght. Also 23, pefect age to be regular starter here. And he has plenty of team mates in Oscar, Willian, Ramires.

Kid has unbelievable crosses (3,2 per game), for example Lahm (0,6) or Alaba (1,3).

Price would be definately 30mio though...

If we wont get Shaw, Alex Sandro would another superb option. He had amazing CL form this season and he is everything you can get from Full back. Top defending, flair, unnormal speed, brilliant crosses and strenght. Also 23, pefect age to be regular starter here. And he has plenty of team mates in Oscar, Willian, Ramires.

Kid has unbelievable crosses (3,2 per game), for example Lahm (0,6) or Alaba (1,3).

Price would be definately 30mio though...

Alex Sandro is very good but we need home grown players. Turnbull, Sturridge, Moses left us and Terry, Lamps and Cole are going to retire soon.

Shaw may be expensive, but it's important to have some English players in the squad. I belive that Ash will leave us in June(as his contract expires) and we sign Shaw.

We should pull out all the stops to get Shaw. We need a LB to replace Cole in the long run. Bertrand and PVA are good enough to be good squad players but not starters for a team with ambitions to win the league.

Any naysayers, I'm not entirely sure there are any other players around who you could get who are Shaw's age and quality for less than £25M.

Therefore if he costs £25-£30M then so be it; even though that is overpriced, quality young full backs are at a premium nowadays.

We should pull out all the stops to get Shaw. We need a LB to replace Cole in the long run. Bertrand and PVA are good enough to be good squad players but not starters for a team with ambitions to win the league.

Any naysayers, I'm not entirely sure there are any other players around who you could get who are Shaw's age and quality for less than £25M.

Therefore if he costs £25-£30M then so be it; even though that is overpriced, quality young full backs are at a premium nowadays.

The difficulty is that we don't need a top left back for the future, which is what Shaw is right now, we need a top LB right now! We are playing Azpi on the left because Jose, and I reckon other coaches, see a dip in form from Cole.

It'd be unfair to acquire Shaw, play him, and then expect consistency of a world class player from an inexperienced 19/20 year old player.

Whether we get Shaw or not, we will ALSO need to sign a LF for the starting XI. Unless of course, Azpi will permanently move to the left.

The difficulty is that we don't need a top left back for the future, which is what Shaw is right now, we need a top LB right now! We are playing Azpi on the left because Jose, and I reckon other coaches, see a dip in form from Cole.

It'd be unfair to acquire Shaw, play him, and then expect consistency of a world class player from an inexperienced 19/20 year old player.

Whether we get Shaw or not, we will ALSO need to sign a LF for the starting XI. Unless of course, Azpi will permanently move to the left.

Shaw is one of the best left-backs in the league, regardless of his age. He'd be starting the majority of games, although I'd expect Azpi to play some games there too.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You