Luke Shaw

Joker10

Still, Shaw comes with much more PL experience and wouldn't fumble playing for a big side given the opportunity. From what I've seen he is more mature than most 20 year olds.He also gives us another HGP. Makes him the better option.

As I said, i think the "pl experience" fact is massively overrated. It aint like Rodriguez is a lightweight skinny guy, who has to put some muscles on to shape himself for the EPL. physically, he is perfect for the EPL (big, strong, fast). yes, he will have to learn, that the EPL is maybe faster and at times more intense than the Bundesliga, but the difference aint that big like people make it out to be. And Rodriguez is playing against teams like Bayern or Dortmund or Schalke (well if you count them in), so he know how to play against big teams.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, i think the "pl experience" fact is massively overrated. It aint like Rodriguez is a lightweight skinny guy, who has to put some muscles on to shape himself for the EPL. physically, he is perfect for the EPL (big, strong, fast). yes, he will have to learn, that the EPL is maybe faster and at times more intense than the Bundesliga, but the difference aint that big like people make it out to be. And Rodriguez is playing against teams like Bayern or Dortmund orhe Schalke (well if you count them in), so he know how to play against big teams.

The argument was between Shaw and Rodriguez. There is always a question if someone is gonna do well in the PL especially for young players. Shaw has proven he can do well and with the likes of Rodriguez, there is always a question of 'can he do well?'.

Bundesliga is not far off from EPL. Besides the one team dominating, 2-5 are all great teams. I like Rodriguez better than Shaw, and he'd probably cheaper.

Bundesliga is nowhere near the quality of the EPL sorry mate... Dortmund and Munich are amazing, Leverkusen and Schalke are alright, everyone else is awful. Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs and maybe Southampton are all better than Schalke and Leverkusen, the Premier League is the most competitive in Europe. Not laying in to you, just giving what I see as facts.

Bundesliga is not far off from EPL. Besides the one team dominating, 2-5 are all great teams. I like Rodriguez better than Shaw, and he'd probably cheaper.

Hence why we beat Schalke 3-0 home and away and United thumped Leverkusen 5-0 in Germany?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/26/luke-shaw-manchester-city-manchester-united-chelsea

Sigh. While Shaw is a Chelsea fan I don't think that's going to be much use when Manchester we-don't-give-a-crap-about-FFP City blow us out of the water with a stupidly large bid.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/26/luke-shaw-manchester-city-manchester-united-chelsea

Sigh. While Shaw is a Chelsea fan I don't think that's going to be much use when Manchester we-don't-give-a-crap-about-FFP City blow us out of the water with a stupidly large bid.

But then, there is this...

Chelsea are in pole position, with Shaw being a fan of the club and the training ground in Cobham being close to where his parents live.

But then, there is this...

But competing with Man City will probably inflate his price to £30m. It also means that we may potentially pull out of the running due to FFP constraints, and then you can't really blame Shaw for moving to City especially considering Chelsea might not come back in for him even if he were to reject City.

It reminds me of when we where going for Hazard. 3 teams put in an offer and he chose us.

He had a release clause though and so all 3 clubs were only competing to convince the player - for Chelsea it was simple enough: high wages and reminding the player that London > Manchester. Here it's the opposite in that we need to get a bid accepted but although we don't really need to convince the player since he's already a Chelsea fan it may not even get to that stage if we are outbid (which is very possible given that we'll be competing with City now). I think it's much more difficult in this situation.

But competing with Man City will probably inflate his price to £30m. It also means that we may potentially pull out of the running due to FFP constraints, and then you can't really blame Shaw for moving to City especially considering Chelsea might not come back in for him even if he were to reject City.

Aren't Man City already look a bit dodgy in complying with the FFP rules? If they want to continue playing in Europe, I'm not sure if they can genuinely go around and splash big money to sign players for fun like in last 2-3 years. Then again, don't think Pellegrini has a lot to fix in this team with the exception of his defence and if Southampton continue to resist and be stubborn as they appear to be now, then I don't think they'll sell Shaw to them, even for £30m. City might in the end go for someone else. Heck Pellegrini might even return to Spain and raid one of the LBs from there. I'm not sure if Shaw is that kind of person or would do it but he can force Southampton's hands a little in making them sell him to us if it really comes to a bidding war.

What the fuck. They have kolarov n clichy. Yet thoae fuckers want shaw.

True but then again, they are probably looking at long term investment here and I believe the City's team are lacking HG or English players for that matter.

If we match their bid/have a bid accepted he's ours, regardless of the wage Citeh offer him.

Aren't Man City already look a bit dodgy in complying with the FFP rules? If they want to continue playing in Europe, I'm not sure if they can genuinely go around and splash big money to sign players for fun like in last 2-3 years.

I guess that's possible but I wouldn't bet on it all especially for a player like Shaw. They may well be willing to break the bank as part of a long-term investment to, like you say, fill the quota for English players. I don't think they are very serious about FFP though with their owners essentially sponsoring their own club to balance the books.

If we match their bid/have a bid accepted he's ours, regardless of the wage Citeh offer him.

I agree but convicing Shaw is the much easier part. Matching or outbidding a club like City who seem willing to spend whatever on whoever in spite of FFP seems like an impossible task. Like Mourinho has said many times the club is working towards FFP and not grossly overspending anymore. That means that if City do come in with a £30m bid for Shaw I highly doubt we will match their bid, especially with Ivanovic and Azpilicueta now being two of Mourinho's favourites. Then it would be up to Shaw - move to City with huge prospects of winning many trophies and earning millions or pass up on the opportunity and wait on your boyhood club, who didn't think you were worth enough, to come back in for you another time. Frankly I doubt many would be surprised if Shaw thought it would be too much of a risk and agreed to move to City.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You