Eden Hazard

the wes

Don't kid yourself. Juventus, Bayern, Milan, United, Real, Barcelona etc., will always be bigger clubs than Chelsea FC historically. Presently, those teams (bar Milan) are all more successful than us as well. Ergo, they are bigger clubs right now, as well.

Juve, Milan are not more successful than us presently; meaning around 10 years. maybe we've even been on par with Bayern recently. You can't find too many teams with 9 trophies in 10 years.

Hazard is badass when he's in this type of form.

I don't think there was. It was just a great strike, which Hazard has shown he is capable of.

I don't want to take anything away from the strike because it was just magic but it definitely took a slight touch of the defenders head. It lifted the ball a tiny bit more out of the GK's reach. Still a sexy goal though.

I don't want to take anything away from the strike because it was just magic but it definitely took a slight touch of the defenders head. It lifted the ball a tiny bit more out of the GK's reach. Still a sexy goal though.

It was a slight touch, but if there wasnt the keeper would have got it. In fact Hazard is far from being a good finisher.

Hazard was only ever going to be a short-term signing anyway. Regardless of success here, he strikes me as the sort of guy who wants to play for the very best, just like CR7. When we signed him I could only see him staying here for 2-3 years, using the Chelsea experience as a springboard, before moving to one of Europe's truly big clubs; ie. Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus, etc.

I get what you're saying, as I kind of have a similar feeling deep down; but, honestly, the Bayern & Juve part really made me giggle! :D

No doubt they're great clubs, and from your following posts I know your speaking specifically about the present, which I would agree with. I myself see them in the top 5 clubs in Europe at the moment, but I still think you may be seeing things a bit wrong. You can't possibly compare the clubs they are at this present moment with the ones they'll be in the future, especially a team dependent on the wrong side of 25/30 (Pirlo, Buffon, Chiellini, Schweinsteiger, Robben, Ribery etc.), it just doesn't work that way. Real and Barca though are most likely the few exceptions, as they are the only two teams who I would even consider as a 'step up' for any of our players.

Also, when it gets to the stage where the likes of Real and/or Barca are sniffing around Eden, you have to think of why...and why would they?

Because by that stage Eden will be winning games practically by himself, just like Ronaldo (I'm not saying he will get to his level, but I don't think he'll be too far off). Because Eden will be showing his skill on the biggest stages, in the biggest games and that means: if Eden is doing so well that Real and Barca want him, we'll be doing quite damn well ourselves. It's only logical. Therefore, if Eden does become that good, we ourselves would be quite a force in Europe, meaning he might have no need to go to Real or Barca.

Anyway, my point is, to think Bayern or Juve are above our stature, never mind near Real or Barca, is quite laughable if I'm honest!

P.S.

Don't kid yourself. Juventus, Bayern, Milan, United, Real, Barcelona etc., will always be bigger clubs than Chelsea FC historically. Presently, those teams (bar Milan) are all more successful than us as well. Ergo, they are bigger clubs right now, as well.

By this argument, Hazard will be off to Liverpool next!!! :D

Don't kid yourself, history isn't everything.