Eden Hazard

the wes

Wonder how long it'll be before Madrid/Barca come sniffing around for him..? Get the horrible feeling that Eden would jump at the chance aswell :cry:

Anyway, fantastic start so far.

If he continues to play like that, I hope he never leaves this club but if he does, the fee would have to be something out of this world because there's no way we would be selling a player like that for cheap, Chelsea is not Arsenal. If he lives up to expectations I can easily see the asking price being well over £60m, considering what we paid for him, and in a few years Spain's economy won't allow Real or Barca spending that much in a football player when their whole nation is going to shit. Those two clubs are in so much debt that it's ridiculous and so far the Spanish banks have given them free money but that time is coming to an end soon when they have to make compromises on where to spend their nation's money and I would guess that football is not very high on that list.

If he continues to play like that, I hope he never leaves this club but if he does, the fee would have to be something out of this world because there's no way we would be selling a player like that for cheap, Chelsea is not Arsenal. If he lives up to expectations I can easily see the asking price being well over £60m, considering what we paid for him, and in a few years Spain's economy won't allow Real or Barca spending that much in a football player when their whole nation is going to shit. Those two clubs are in so much debt that it's ridiculous and so far the Spanish banks have given them free money but that time is coming to an end soon when they have to make compromises on where to spend their nation's money and I would guess that football is not very high on that list.

Football & Economics - this is my kinda post :D

The greatest advantage Hazard grants the team is that he allows Mata to be himself as he no longer has the burden of being the only creator in the team. Mata may not register as many goals or assists as last season, but I belive he will be an even more important player.

Yea, it was WAGNH who stated we had been scouting him for 3 years, not sure how reliable that info was though, Arsenal had been souting him for longer.

Our French scout Guy Hillion confimed he noticed him as a 17 year old and recommended him straightaway to Chelsea. We could have had him for a free then.

Wonder how long it'll be before Madrid/Barca come sniffing around for him..? Get the horrible feeling that Eden would jump at the chance aswell :cry:

Anyway, fantastic start so far.

Eden is a fantastic footballer with the best potential, but that doesn't take away the fact that he is also a normal human being with a big heart and emotions. Who says Chelsea won't be as successful as Real and Barca in the near future? Who says Eden won't establish a special bond with Chelsea and be loyal to us throughout his career? If we keep playing well and winning trophies I believe Eden will stay with us for a long long time, and don't forget the Belgium internationals we have.

Our French scout Guy Hillion confimed he noticed him as a 17 year old and recommended him straightaway to Chelsea. We could have had him for a free then.

yeah we could have but then he would have just been one of our many young exciting talents and the chances of him being the player he is today would have been really slim.So,I guess we all should be glad with how things panned out.

yeah we could have but then he would have just been one of our many young exciting talents and the chances of him being the player he is today would have been really slim.So,I guess we all should be glad with how things panned out.

Indeed, he's be at Vitesse right now had we got him then.

In any case, he's well on his way to making the £32m look like a bargain.

And to think he is only 21 years old! Incredible. I am just so happy we won the Champions League because who knows what would have happened if... if. Doesn't matter. Eden Hazard wears our blue shirt!

TBH I'm quite impressed in what I've seen over the past few rounds. Eden's shown real consistency in more ways than one, he's nimble, he's quick and he appears to be adapting to the league really well. Like a few on here have said, it's his first season and this 'roll' won't last him consistently all season, but that goes without saying considering that it IS his first season in England. But given time, I think Hazard could become a true powerhouse and Chelsea hero if he's willing to be at SB for the long term.

THe problem I see with him is his ability to shoot.

His shots are not good, no power and he fails it a lot of times.

Needs to work on it but he has time

Oh he can shoot all right ! Even with his left foot, 35m away from the goal ... You of all people should know :dance: :dance:

A little reminder :

Otherwise, i wanted to mention smthg that surprised me. Just after the shock between Luiz and Ba at the end of the game, Hazard launch the couter attack (aborted by Luiz's head injury) with a beatiful header toward ramires.

Don't be fooled guys, he's shite in the air, it was a lucky shot and won't happen again ^^

THe problem I see with him is his ability to shoot.

His shots are not good, no power and he fails it a lot of times.

Needs to work on it but he has time

He is not a striker

His shots don't lack power, see the screen grab against Reading - both feet off floor, full weight behind it.

The guy is still settling in :)

Plus, (correct me if wrong), haven't we got some new Nike balls in the EPL, instead of European Adidas? Might take a bit of getting used too?

Remember the ball in the World Cup - like a 2 quid beach ball all overthe place,...