David Luiz

the wes

this is only my opinion ... and yes Im am a stupid old git ,,, but David could become as good as JT .. perhaps not as loved cos he is not English .

Already he is bigger than Micky Droy ( check the stats ) ////and I believe he could come close to Marcel . Btw our friends from another post ,, note

Marcel played for you when you the WC as did Frank Ros BEEF

I am certain is has more to do with the fact that Cahill+Terry have been almost godlike. Why change something that has worked so well? Especially this late in the season and with this much at stake.

But just consider, what if Cahill or even JT got injured? Suspended? Some of you might say "well we got....X". No we dont. We got another worldclass CB who can also do a superb job as DM. They dont grow on trees.

Luiz to me is a 100% in this team. I cannot see him sold, no chance.

We bought Zouma, though I haven't seen him enough to know if he's ready to play for us. Wouldn't call Luiz a world class CB either.

I don't want us to sell him, but I just have a feeling he will be.

Surely he is one of the players José was alluding to with his latest comments about certain players letting him down in these matches against bad teams. He and Eden. They look brilliant against top opposition and then shrink against sides we should be blowing off the pitch like Palace.

Honestly think José will cash in on him in the summer. I just get the feeling that he uses him out of necessity and that if he had someone who could naturally do what he does better he'd use them. He knows Ramires can't handle simple passes most of the time and that Lamps just can't cut it anymore so he plays Luiz there because he can actually make some decent forward passes and can get stuck in to tackles.

He clearly doesn't trust or fancy him in defense and for the money we could get for him we can buy or partially fund an actual CM. As much as I love him I think his days here are numbered. If we can get £30-odd million for him and immediately use it to buy someone like Kroos or Gündogan or someone of that ilk then I'd do it.

Surely he is not one of those players. Luiz barely play against small teams. Hes been playing in big matches as a DM or in UCL, and against small teams he is sitting on the bench.

He is talking about our attacking players: Oscar, Schurle and Hazard.

Surely he is one of the players José was alluding to with his latest comments about certain players letting him down in these matches against bad teams. He and Eden. They look brilliant against top opposition and then shrink against sides we should be blowing off the pitch like Palace.

Honestly think José will cash in on him in the summer. I just get the feeling that he uses him out of necessity and that if he had someone who could naturally do what he does better he'd use them. He knows Ramires can't handle simple passes most of the time and that Lamps just can't cut it anymore so he plays Luiz there because he can actually make some decent forward passes and can get stuck in to tackles.

He clearly doesn't trust or fancy him in defense and for the money we could get for him we can buy or partially fund an actual CM. As much as I love him I think his days here are numbered. If we can get £30-odd million for him and immediately use it to buy someone like Kroos or Gündogan or someone of that ilk then I'd do it.

I think you're probably right, but this is nothing new when it comes to Luiz. Jose hasn't trusted him since the Newcastle away game and there were reports that senior members of the squad were fed up with his attitude. The same went for the Cardiff game too where he put in one of the most disgraceful performances I've ever seen from a Chelsea player.

I am certain is has more to do with the fact that Cahill+Terry have been almost godlike. Why change something that has worked so well? Especially this late in the season and with this much at stake.

But just consider, what if Cahill or even JT got injured? Suspended? Some of you might say "well we got....X". No we dont. We got another worldclass CB who can also do a superb job as DM. They dont grow on trees.

Luiz to me is a 100% in this team. I cannot see him sold, no chance.

But he isn't. He's a step-down from both of them which is bizarre considering he's apparently worth about £30 million.

The simple fact is that since November he has barely been selected as a centre-back unless one of the other two is injured, and when he has come in he has been a liability (Newcastle at home and West Brom away).

I don't quite understand those who support him on this forum because it's clear there's a massive difference between the idealised version of David Luiz and the one who actually turns up on the pitch. I've said before that in theory he has everything to be the best defender in the world but mentally he's just lacking. It reminds me a little bit of the Mikel debate where some people simply couldn't get over what they hoped Mikel would turn into and just look at the evidence on the pitch.

If we can get a decent price for him the we should sell. He's not solid enough as a CB and isn't a complete DM

But he's a character. And he's got cool hair. And he's really good on FIFA. And he played well for us about 12 months ago.

There are some teams willing to pay 30m for Luiz. He ought to be sold for this price & I bet Jose will let him go.

Jose has preferred to use him as a defensive midfielder rather than a center-back. Matic is better as a DM. Therefore, there is no use to keep Luiz on.

There are some teams willing to pay 30m for Luiz. He ought to be sold for this price & I bet Jose will let him go.

Jose has preferred to use him as a defensive midfielder rather than a center-back. Matic is better as a DM. Therefore, there is no use to keep Luiz on.

no problem letting him go for less than 30mil.

no problem letting him go for less than 30mil.

I believe, 30m or even more for him.

Just now, I found my calculator. Added all up & I got plenty of money. A 30m for Luiz, a 15m for Mikel, 8m for BA, a 20m for Torres, 8m for Moses... plus 30 or more for the semis in the CL, some 20m for the PL...& counting. Let Jose go shopping.

Surely he is not one of those players. Luiz barely play against small teams. Hes been playing in big matches as a DM or in UCL, and against small teams he is sitting on the bench.

He is talking about our attacking players: Oscar, Schurle and Hazard.

No, I think for this game specifically he was talking about Luiz as well. Remember that it was originally reported during the match that Luiz was substituted due to injury at halftime but after the match José said that it wasn't because of injury but a tactical sub.

I think you're probably right, but this is nothing new when it comes to Luiz. Jose hasn't trusted him since the Newcastle away game and there were reports that senior members of the squad were fed up with his attitude. The same went for the Cardiff game too where he put in one of the most disgraceful performances I've ever seen from a Chelsea player.

But he isn't. He's a step-down from both of them which is bizarre considering he's apparently worth about £30 million.

The simple fact is that since November he has barely been selected as a centre-back unless one of the other two is injured, and when he has come in he has been a liability (Newcastle at home and West Brom away).

I don't quite understand those who support him on this forum because it's clear there's a massive difference between the idealised version of David Luiz and the one who actually turns up on the pitch. I've said before that in theory he has everything to be the best defender in the world but mentally he's just lacking. It reminds me a little bit of the Mikel debate where some people simply couldn't get over what they hoped Mikel would turn into and just look at the evidence on the pitch.

In Jose's system, he'll always be a step-down from Cahill and JT.

Luiz needs the right system to flourish as a CB. If he played for Barca, people would understand why his price-tag is around 30 million.

Interestingly enough...Puyol is leaving Barca at the end of this season, I'd be surprised if Luiz is not a Barca player at the start of next season

I believe, 30m or even more for him.

Just now, I found my calculator. Added all up & I got plenty of money. A 30m for Luiz, a 15m for Mikel, 8m for BA, a 20m for Torres, 8m for Moses... plus 30 or more for the semis in the CL, some 20m for the PL...& counting. Let Jose go shopping.

Torres should be going on a 1 Rupee transfer fee to somewhere else. Not having his salary to pay is a gift enough and no sane person would pay a substantial transfer fee for him, I think. Not sure where Mikel is headed either. if a club plays real money for him, they are suckers. good luck with that project.

other topic:

I'm looking forward to seeing Mario Pašalić play.

David Luiz advert with Marcelo and Thiago Silva

that's a cool advert because supposedly people in France, England and Spain are trying to prevent them to get to Brazil and play against their NT.

That's why his car was like that a couple of weeks ago, as some pictures showed. It was for the advert.

Thanks for sharing

Torres should be going on a 1 Rupee transfer fee to somewhere else. Not having his salary to pay is a gift enough and no sane person would pay a substantial transfer fee for him, I think. Not sure where Mikel is headed either. if a club plays real money for him, they are suckers. good luck with that project.

other topic:

I'm looking forward to seeing Mario Pašalić play.

Yeah me 2

Do you know when Mario Pasalic plays next?

Luiz is again being linked with a move away from Chelsea.

I believe, Luiz will be sold.

He has lost his spot to Cahill on defense. Zouma is coming in the summer.

Matic was bought, Luiz lost that spot too. Why not cash in?