David Luiz

the wes

"After the cross comes (for the first goal), we assist the striker and there's no one going for the ball in the crucial position. In the second, it's one of my players on the goal and that's unlucky.

"But the way the team were positioned defensively was not correct. And finally, the third one is even more sloppy. Ridiculous."

Unlucky. End of it.

Mourinho 22/9/2013:

“I don’t like the way Chelsea were playing over the past couple of years. We want to change, we want to play a different style. We don’t want to play centre-backs in midfield [something Benitez adopted with David Luiz].”

:whistling:

Mourinho 22/9/2013:

:whistling:

That was before Van Ginkel got injured, before Essien proved he simply wasn't up to Premier League football, before Mikel confirmed what we all thought about him.

Everyone has been moaning about the midfield for years and we've made the biggest step forward in addressing it with Matic, but apparently playing Luiz in midfield is now a stick to beat Mourinho with as well.

Laughable.

That was before Van Ginkel got injured, before Essien proved he simply wasn't up to Premier League football, before Mikel confirmed what we all thought about him.

Everyone has been moaning about the midfield for years and we've made the biggest step forward in addressing it with Matic, but apparently playing Luiz in midfield is now a stick to beat Mourinho with as well.

Laughable.

It is luaghable. Especially when he said this recently:

"I like David Luiz in midfield. I like him a lot there."

Make up your mind Jose.

Luiz played well last night. He did give the ball away for the first goal, however we had a few chances to clear it and didn't. And he could do nothing about the second goal, although it was a silly free kick to give away I think matuidi played for it. People seem to be letting the medias vendetta against him effect their judgement. Even gary Neville said he was our best player in the first half. At least he doesn't hide when we're playing bad, unlike some of our players. Terry, cech and lampard were at fault for the goals which nobody seems to talk about.

If that was Terry or Cahill who gave the own goal, there would be a huge rush of members claiming that they were incredibly unlucky and give them no blame at all.

Ah the life of a scapegoat.

The goal wasn't his mistake. It was a great ball in and he had no chance of getting out of the way. The problem was that he didn't need to give that free-kick away in the first place and even if you think he had a great game (personally I thought he was average) then it's still another case of him ruining a good performance with a brainfart.

He's gone in the summer.

Actually did a decent job in midfield and one of the rare occasion this season where he really played for the shirt with passion. But we can see by his movement in the final third that he is not a midfielder. Unlucky with the OG. Can't believe he is getting too much stick for our defeat.

Laughable.

The only stick I see from that statement is that Mourinho should talk less.

At times he just need to shut up and just do the work.

Regardless of how people want to evaluate Luiz's performance over the season but in my opinion, that second goal, not his mistake. If you have a cross in the MIDDLE OF THE 6 YARD AREA, then the keeper should just charge at, catch or punch. THIS IS HIS ZONE. the fact that it missed the defenders, attackers, Cech was watching, and fell underneath Luiz's foot all of a sudden while was running doesn't make it his mistake. That goal, must be Cech's responsibility. You can debate other goals, but to blame the 2nd goal on Luiz is just too harsh.

While i agree that the second goal wasn't Luiz his fault i disagree about it being Cech's fault.

I'm a goalkeeper myself and there was no way Cech could have come out to claim it. The ball was moving far to low and there were simply to many players between him and the ball.

Defenders should have dealt with it in the first place.

While i agree that the second goal wasn't Luiz his fault i disagree about it being Cech's fault.

I'm a goalkeeper myself and there was no way Cech could have come out to claim it. The ball was moving far to low and there were simply to many players between him and the ball.

Defenders should have dealt with it in the first place.

If you want to have a second look at it

David-Luiz-OG-2.gif