David Luiz

the wes

luiz bleeds blue and is chelsea through and through... no other player gets vilified as much as luiz though for some reason. he played a great first half and in the second, the whole team was shite. his partner in midfiled, ramires had a shocker but no one mentions him at all...

i really hope we keep him

About Luiz bashing, for me the story is pretty clear. JT scores an own goal against Palace, not a single word in the press about his own goal.

Luiz scores an own goal against PSG, he is the villain.

It's amazing how you fail to understand things which are so simple that even a child could.

Luiz isn't getting bashed for the own goal - own goals happen. He's getting bashed for the needless free-kick that he gave away.

Or maybe we're just racist. That must be it. We love JT because he's English and hate Luiz because he's Brazilian. You really shouldn't be supporting such an institutionally racist organisation, so see ya.

Regardless of how people want to evaluate Luiz's performance over the season but in my opinion, that second goal, not his mistake. If you have a cross in the MIDDLE OF THE 6 YARD AREA, then the keeper should just charge at, catch or punch. THIS IS HIS ZONE. the fact that it missed the defenders, attackers, Cech was watching, and fell underneath Luiz's foot all of a sudden while was running doesn't make it his mistake. That goal, must be Cech's responsibility. You can debate other goals, but to blame the 2nd goal on Luiz is just too harsh.

People know about that, but the press is saying it was his fault because he made a "silly foul".

While i agree that the second goal wasn't Luiz his fault i disagree about it being Cech's fault.

I'm a goalkeeper myself and there was no way Cech could have come out to claim it. The ball was moving far to low and there were simply to many players between him and the ball.

Defenders should have dealt with it in the first place.

Disagree. I've played as a GK at a pretty high level and I'm telling you, the goal is 100% on Cech. If Cech comes out and challenges the ball (which doesn't look that hard when you look at the replay) the goal has been prevented.

While i agree that the second goal wasn't Luiz his fault i disagree about it being Cech's fault.

I'm a goalkeeper myself and there was no way Cech could have come out to claim it. The ball was moving far to low and there were simply to many players between him and the ball.

I think his starting position was all wrong. From his starting position, I agree that he could not have gotten to it because it came in too low. Even our defenders positions were all wrong for that goal, imo.

I think his starting position was all wrong. From his starting position, I agree that he could not have gotten to it because it came in too low. Even our defenders positions were all wrong for that goal, imo.

I think the defensive line was not angled as it should have been relative to where the ball was being crossed from - it was pretty much in line with the ball. Sky Sports pundits picked up on this as did Mourinho, who in his interview said the line was "not the correct one", and so it is very disappointing that the defence, especially with John Terry in there, could make such a basic error at this level although that was surprisingly the pattern of the game.

Disagree. I've played as a GK at a pretty high level and I'm telling you, the goal is 100% on Cech. If Cech comes out and challenges the ball (which doesn't look that hard when you look at the replay) the goal has been prevented.

So many @ wannabes here...

:Goober:

His regressed under Mourinho, only last year when we were talking about him as the next captain. This one is on Mou because he has never truly showed confidence in him the same type of confidence he shows to Ivanovic who seems to make a mistake every 2 games but magically never gets dropped.

People know about that, but the press is saying it was his fault because he made a "silly foul".

To be honest man and with respect to your opinion and experience, I have seen goal keeper take charge and control better than this. Now that @mediator, posted a reply, we can see it again. He took some steps forward, hesitated and went back while ball curling in the middle towards him. You expect a Keeper to do more than just save long shots. You expect him to deal with one on ones, coordinate/lead his defense, sets his wall. Dealing with crosses is part of his job.

I don't know about the press, but what I saw was MINIMAL contact. Not a tackle, a push, an elbow. It was NO foul to me but again I ain't the ref and maybe I need to get my eyes checked.I don't think the ref was doing a decent job yesterday either. And even if it was a foul mate. It is not a penalty. teams should be able to defend set pieces and keepers should dominate their area. It is the ONLY AREA ON THE ENTIRE PITCH where they have control AND protection. I don't blame Cech for the first goal. Surely he should have been speaking with his defenders ( I don't know if he did or didn't), but I blame Terry because it was a poor clearance. I can blame Luiz for not doing a good job pressing and losing the midfield area with Ramires in the second half. But I just can't blame him for either that "foul" or the goal. It is only my opinion though.

Yep, Jose's fault again that he struggles in defence and midfield.

Is this sandstorm Jose's fault too?

of course it is! Jose is the manager and is responsible for everything! That's what being the boss means... come 3 seasons and he's got nothing to show for and he's gone like any other manager.

If you and others have detected Luiz as an insufficient player for Chelsea, how can you and the same others say that Jose is blameless in not seeing the same? Which one is it? Did he not know Luiz when he joined and turned down the 21m offer from Barca? You know that offer might have been the last one in that figure if Luiz keeps on playing (and not playing) like this. He's been ostracized and the trend is downward save a great performance in the world cup.

How about not acquiring a substitute if he, like many here say, does not trust Luiz in defense?! Iva is on the right, Kalas is a youngster. he should have either used Luiz in defense, who's the player he's got, or traded him, and/or signed someone; preferably someone who would have immediately joined the club and not stayed elsewhere on loan.

Now if you want to blame our poor form on a single player, who barely plays, that's your prerogative, but at least acknowledge that the manager could have addressed "the problem" that was quite obvious according to you (and a few others). So, Jose must be blind like the rest of us (who see something in David Luiz) and expected more from the player, in which case he was "wrong", again according to you.

of course he is! Jose is the manager and is responsible for everything! That's what being the boss means... come 3 seasons and he's got nothing to show and he's gone like any other manager.

If you and others have detected Luiz as an insufficient player for Chelsea, how can you and the same others say that Jose is blameless in not seeing the same? Which one is it? Did he not know Luiz when he joined and turned down the 21m offer from Barca? You know that offer might have been the last one in that figure if Luiz keeps on playing (and not playing) like this. He's been ostracized and the trend is downward save a great performance during the world cup.

How about not acquiring a substitute if he, like many here say, does not trust Luiz in defense?! Iva is on the right, Kalas is a youngster. he should have either used Luiz in defense, who's the player he's got, or traded him, and/or signed someone; preferable someone who would have immediately joined the club and not stayed elsewhere on loan.

Now if you want to blame our poor form on a single player, who barely plays, that's your prerogative, but at least acknowledge that the manager could have addressed "the problem" that was quite obvious according to you (and a few others). So, Jose must be blind like the rest of us (who see something in David Luiz) and expected more from the player, in which case he was "wrong", again according to you.

You may have a point in that Mourinho probably should've shifted the deadwood last summer, but clearly he wanted to see if he could utilise the existing assets effectively before cutting them loose. He's already done that with Mata, Essien and De Bruyne but there are still the likes of Ba, Mikel, Torres and Luiz hanging around. Maybe there weren't buyers for them in January and we still needed players who weren't cup-tied in Europe, but I expect all this to be addressed for next season which Jose has always stated was the target.

By the way, everyone sees something in David Luiz. He should be one of the best defenders in the world with all his talents but he's simply not got the right mentality. I'm not going to discuss mentality with you again because it's clearly something you don't believe in, but every supporter of this club sees what David has.

It's just some ignore the things he doesn't have.

of course he is! Jose is the manager and is responsible for everything! That's what being the boss means... come 3 seasons and he's got nothing to show and he's gone like any other manager.

If you and others have detected Luiz as an insufficient player for Chelsea, how can you and the same others say that Jose is blameless in not seeing the same? Which one is it? Did he not know Luiz when he joined and turned down the 21m offer from Barca? You know that offer might have been the last one in that figure if Luiz keeps on playing (and not playing) like this. He's been ostracized and the trend is downward save a great performance during the world cup.

How about not acquiring a substitute if he, like many here say, does not trust Luiz in defense?! Iva is on the right, Kalas is a youngster. he should have either used Luiz in defense, who's the player he's got, or traded him, and/or signed someone; preferable someone who would have immediately joined the club and not stayed elsewhere on loan.

You may have a point in that Mourinho probably should've shifted the deadwood last summer, but clearly he wanted to see if he could utilise the existing assets effectively before cutting them loose. He's already done that with Mata, Essien and De Bruyne but there are still the likes of Ba, Mikel, Torres and Luiz hanging around. Maybe there weren't buyers for them in January and we still needed players who weren't cup-tied in Europe, but I expect all this to be addressed for next season which Jose has always stated was the target.

By the way, everyone sees something in David Luiz. He should be one of the best defenders in the world with all his talents but he's simply not got the right mentality. I'm not going to discuss mentality with you again because it's clearly something you don't believe in, but every supporter of this club sees what David has.

Answered quite clearly for you above.

You clearly haven't really read my posts then, because I am a firm believer of the importance of all tree (areas): technical, mental, physical. Some mention tactical, but I keep it with mental/psychological. I merely said that there have been exceptions; players who have succeeded when lacking in one of them (never more than one though) - they have just demanded a bit of mechanics around them.

It's actually quite ironic, because back in Brazil I was the one stating that mental and physical aspects are often overlooked there. I just can't imagine a player, however strong, however smart, however composed, who can't take control of the football can't pick a pass. All players in our squad have good technique, because you don't ever reach this level without it.

agreed in most points, but then again you can't say Jose's "blameless." It was his judgment and his system... It was a bet and he lost. BTW, he knew he was going to use Iva on the right from the get go, so he had to know he was going to be a bit short in defense. I can only imagine that Cole's failure further prevented him from rotating...