David Luiz

the wes

^^ heh not to mention injuries and suspensions - we've been very lucky with Terry's form (striking difference from last season's).

good read and a bit self-serving as I've been writing about his style matching Barca's before:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1981931-chelsea-transfer-news-blues-must-hang-on-to-david-luiz-despite-barca-interest

Like I said, perhaps too much a match - if we need to sell him, then sell him to PSG instead... They are still years away from having a competitive squad, their midfield still sucks.

^^ heh not to mention injuries and suspensions - we've been very lucky with Terry's form (striking difference from last season's).

good read and a bit self-serving as I've been writing about his style matching Barca's before:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1981931-chelsea-transfer-news-blues-must-hang-on-to-david-luiz-despite-barca-interest

Like I said, perhaps too much a match - if we need to sell him, then sell him to PSG instead... They are still years away from having a competitive squad, their midfield still sucks.

Nah. Dont think so. Veratti, matuidi, cabaye, motta. Add to that the defence partnership of luiz-silva which is one of the best in the world without a doubt. And an attack consisting of zlatan, cavani, moura, lavezzi,pastore. They are right AT The TOP.

Barca is on the decline. Xavi was their main man. Alcantara would have been a perfect replacement but they screwed up their. Fiberglass is not half the player people hype him to be. Add to that puyol gone, alves having a shit season and waning continously, simply don't think luiz would improve them massively.

A pique-luiz partnership is something I would never ever want to have chelsea.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this pivot partnership is the best we have by far. José should stick with Luiz and Matic as starting XI and have Ramires 'fill' Matic's absence in UCL matches. It makes no sense to have Ramires playing when Matic and Luiz make up his pace with their technicality and good passes. The only situation I can imagine us playing with Ramires instead of Luiz is against a side with a couple of very fast players in the middle as the entirety of our defense and Matic and Luiz themselves are either slow or just just fast enough.

I don't think any of the remaining matches we have for EPL fit that description though.

Has it been divulged how many matches Ramires is out?

Yeah good point but Mourinho seems to rate Ramires very highly so I don't see it happening tbh. That said, I'd rather see Lampard & Matic against opponents outside the top 7. As for the CL, it will be interesting to see what partnership Mourinho goes with against PSG.