David Luiz

the wes

One question: How did Luiz have a worse game yesterday than Hazard or Willian that he's getting all this stick while they're not?

Reading the thread would make you think Luiz had an absolute clanger and was at fault for both goals...

Tbh, It's not even just Luiz, it's the likes of Salah, Rambo, Mikel etc.

Apparently we need to buy a whole new team according to some now. 2 bad results and the place is in melt down.

Reading the thread would make you think Luiz had an absolute clanger and was at fault for both goals...

Apparently we need to buy a whole new team according to some now. 2 bad results and the place is in melt down.

And we indignantly object when other fans say that Chelsea fans are the most fickle and spoiled...

Oh I see.....so, it's not "fickle" and "spoilt" to criticize Lampard continuously and to criticize Ivanovic continuously but it's unacceptable and knee-jerk to criticize Luiz and Mikel....players that you basically like? Right?

The player politics on this forum is really becoming something of a joke.

No, that's fickle as well.

And just for the record, I like Iva and Lampard much more than I like Luiz and Mikel.

Fickle-changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties or affections.

As TOPTB very well showed a few days ago, chelsea fans have actually been quite consistent with luiz. Barely what u would say fickle, would u?

The problem is people just can't accept that their favourite player is not as good as they make hin out to be. And then come the scapegoat argumwnt. Yes hazard and willing did have a poor match but so did luiz abd while hazard and willian have been close to brilliant for about 95% of the season, luiz has been poor/below average for the majirity of it. So people are more worried about luiz than hazard and willian and damn rightly so. Plus by not targeting hazard and willian for obe poor performance, the fans actually show the trait of UNFICKLENESS. So I simpky don't understand this fickle talk. Probably just another phase of "lui the scapegoat" conspiracy.

Lets put it this way David Luiz is an inconsistent player, he can be good one game and terrible the next. There is no average performances its one or the other.

Mourinho has identified his faults hence why hes struggled to be a regular for us this season and its looking like the Juan Mata scenario all over again. Luiz is a lovable player, passionate, always smiling and all but Mourinho will sell him if he wants to.

Mourinho's striving for as close to a perfect team as it can be, he sees Terry and Cahill as his best CBs right now (based on how often they've started together especially in the bigger games). I think Luiz will be sold and replaced in the same way Mata was I think. Mourinho runs the transfers, not Abramovich or Emenalo as much now, hence why he was allowed to sign 32 year old Samuel Eto'o, sell Mata and replace him with a much more 'Mourinho profiled player' in Salah. Zouma will probably come in to replace Luiz next season I feel either that or we will get another CB, especially if he can offload Luiz to Barca/Bayern for a fair whad of money. I mean it speaks volumes when your 'world class CB' is playing in CM while Gary Cahill is playing ahead of him in his natural position.

I don't see what's the point in questioning why people did/didn't blame this/that player.

Fact is Luiz had a stinker yesterday, and as a big fan of his, I'm disappointed at how this club season has panned out for him so far.

Still not sure about the supposed terrible game he had. Apart from the moment of madness when he got booked leading to the City chance, I thought he was average like the whole team.

Exactly. He had an average game like almost everyone else. He made a couple of mistakes, but he also made three crucial interceptions.

I'd say Luiz (in the backline), Mikel and Torres have been an issue all season, the last two matches are highlighting this well. Ramires is slipping a bit but he's is still the right type of player to fill the role, a rare type of player. I think thats why we need Guarin to give Ramires some competition, with Mikel making 19 appearances I'm sure Guarin could be squeezed in. Ramires had only been disappointing recently apart from his finishing being sloppy consistently. You can choose another player if you wish to sing for the CDM role but Guarin is the same rare type of player Ramires is, Guarin would also make Luiz expendable as his spot in defensive line is becoming a liability. Whatever Luiz gave us in the midfield Guarin could give us that at least. As so for Salah it will be hard to judge he is young and the minutes he featured in were not the best moments this season for the team.

One question: How did Luiz have a worse game yesterday than Hazard or Willian that he's getting all this stick while they're not?

I don't get how Kompany can get praised if we looked like all kinds and shades of shite. We offered them nothing to handle, so I suppose saying he did a good job is either obvious or whatever :lol:

things you read on TC...

This guy is considered a valuable asset, and I'm sure the club will be looking to sell in the summer like they did with Mata. He has shown so far that he's not good enough at CB, and Mourinho has made it clear that Luiz won't be playing consistently at DM, for the sake of the evolution of the team. That leaves him with no place in the side. We should sell to PSG, Bayern or Barca. Whoever of these clowns are interested in him, AND use the money to bring in a top quality CM like Kroos or Gundogan. Our main transfer budget should be dedicated to the marquee striker.

I know Luiz is a cheerful character and is well like by some of our fans, but we can't afford to be deluded. We see he's nowhere near good enough in his position and the manager is reluctant to sell him elsewhere, so we have to be ruthless and sell. He, Ba, Torres and Mikel should all be sold if we want to give ourselves a very good chance of overcoming this monstrous City side (because they are only going to get better) and become a major force in Europe again, like the owner so desperately craves.

The step-down from Terry and Cahill to this guy is absolutely giant. Does any member actually think he's a secure presence in defence? Those who constantly defend him (and apparently feel like they can't change their view of him for whatever reason) will offer up distractions like his ability to pass from the back (which is much overhyped) or his innate physical and technical skills.

They'll throw up things like nationality, like he's too Brazilian or we expect him to be more English. Bull....shit...I'd take Thiago Silva over him and if he could defend like Moore or even Ferdinand (technically sound, defensively strong) then he'd be no problem. But he doesn't. He's 26 and still the same player he was when we first bought him.

As a midfielder I actually don't mind him, but as a defender he's always got a mistake in him that will arise from a lack of concentration or commitment.

Here's the truth about David Luiz. He has the tools to be the best defender in the world. In fact with his physical and technical strengths, he could be one of the all-time greats. He has pace. He has strength. He has fantastic ability on the ball. He's tall. He has EVERYTHING.

Everything except for the most important thing - the mental aspect. Unfortunately that mental aspect is what sets every top class sportsperson apart from the crowd. It's what made Jordan so great. It's what made Ali so great. It's what makes Terry so great. It's what made Schumacher so great.

And it's what makes Luiz a liability.

Lukaku got the body to become the next Drogba, Walcott got the most important thing for a winger-pace more than anyone else so if he practice and nurture his skill well on theory he could be even better than Ronaldo(cause pace is something you cannot get by practicing, you are born with it) all the other skills you can and others...etc

Just because you got a set of attributes doesn't mean you are one of the best or will ever become one of the best, I am sure in history there was players who were fasters than Usain Bolt, but no one know them because that is probably the only thing they got. That mental aspect is also probably something you can't nurture imo, you are either born with it or you don't. Terry, Kompany, Ronaldo, Puyol, VDS, Vidic...etc are born with natural leadership and mental strength. Unfortunately Luiz is not born with that set of skill so he won't ever have it, no matter how hard you try.

The step-down from Terry and Cahill to this guy is absolutely giant. Does any member actually think he's a secure presence in defence? Those who constantly defend him (and apparently feel like they can't change their view of him for whatever reason) will offer up distractions like his ability to pass from the back (which is much overhyped) or his innate physical and technical skills.

They'll throw up things like nationality, like he's too Brazilian or we expect him to be more English. Bull....shit...I'd take Thiago Silva over him and if he could defend like Moore or even Ferdinand (technically sound, defensively strong) then he'd be no problem. But he doesn't. He's 26 and still the same player he was when we first bought him.

As a midfielder I actually don't mind him, but as a defender he's always got a mistake in him that will arise from a lack of concentration or commitment.

Here's the truth about David Luiz. He has the tools to be the best defender in the world. In fact with his physical and technical strengths, he could be one of the all-time greats. He has pace. He has strength. He has fantastic ability on the ball. He's tall. He has EVERYTHING.

Everything except for the most important thing - the mental aspect. Unfortunately that mental aspect is what sets every top class sportsperson apart from the crowd. It's what made Jordan so great. It's what made Ali so great. It's what makes Terry so great. It's what made Schumacher so great.

I agree.

I massively respect your posts on this forum, they are balanced and well put across. Full respect to you. And before anyone says it, myself and him have disagreed before, he just offers a very good balance between posts and discussion.

People have short memories. They love to make excuses and allowances for the various gaffes that Luiz makes, saying he's out of form, etc.... but when you consider what we paid for this guy, and the fact that at 26 he's still as volatile as he was when we signed him (one good half season does not make up for that), you need to just need to realize that he's just not good enough for this club.

Furthermore, when Terry, Carvalho, Gallas, etc were all 26, you didn't ever see these horrendous mistakes and losses of concentration that we've regularly come to expect from Luiz, did you? By this point, they were already some of the best defenders in Europe, something that we definitely cannot say about David Luiz. Quite honestly, it's time to just cut our losses and move on.

This is a fair post mate.

I agree with almost everything, but I hoped that after having a good season last year that he would bridge the gap mentally especially under Mourinho, but unfortunately he's regressed. For various reasons, some which you have stated.

I'm personally just hoping this season is a write off for him and that if we do keep him next season; he'll get back to progressing as a player instead of regressing.