David Luiz

the wes

Terry did it once, Luiz consistently makes mistakes, that's the difference.

Victor fucking Anichebe had Luiz quaking in his boots...

JT has had his fair share of mistakes as well. He's risen from it, no point in bringing players down like that.

For all intents and purpose he was. It was only because Terry was injured that he played yesterday and it cost us.

Play Iva in the CB and Aspi on the right, cole on the left. better than Luiz in the CB especially in a game like this when we need a real leader in the final minutes.

No, the fact that we had to use Luiz instead of Terry cost us. There is a tiny distinction. Let's see if you can find it.

What did it cost us? The game?

Luiz instead of Terry cost us the game? Not the fact that we chose the wrong approach and didnt score another goal?

Terry's strength is physical challenges, headers and anticipation, but his weakness is against raw pace.

Cahills strength is last ditch challenges in the box, goal saving tackles but his weakness is people who run at him, but he's developed of late on this.

Luiz strength is his speed and anticipation of passes, but his main weakness is constantly defending crosses. That needs total concentration.

Luiz in midfield is better than ramires on his current form imo.

Lampard doesn't offer the energy mourinho likes in the middle.

We've won 90% of games with luiz in midfield. I think he should be moved there beside matic. He won't have to face his main weakness of constantly defending crosses and is a better partner for matic imo.

I've never questioned his ability, but I really have to question his commitment this season. He didn't seem to have his head in it this entire game,...When you look at the level of focus he has shown so far, its no wonder he doesn't have a single goal to his name this season

Terry was the difference between our last match and this one.

Now I’m not English and I have no “I hate Brazilian players” issue at all—as a matter of fact I’m a huge fan of Oscar’s—but please this has to stop.

I have never seen Luiz as a solid and reliable defender. Last year, when this place was all “Luiz is our next captain” I said I’d prefer Cahill and got slaughtered for that. I know Luiz is popular with the young fans, he’s probably entertaining (?). But he is not a Mourinho’s player and never will be. How often did we end up with a clean sheet with Luiz defending this season?

He shouldn’t have been a CB today, he made mistakes at both goals. Cole and Azpi with Cahill and Ivanovic in the middle would make so much more sense to me.

I missed the first 18 minutes - which includes the first goal and he made one mistake as far as I'm concerned - still in the first half when he tried an anticipation and failed and City had a chance because Azpili couldn't cover him quick enough and the guy from City had a chance of goal (I don't remember exactly who, just that it was at the end of the first half).

Other than that he was very decent imo.But I had a headache, I wasn't able to focus too much and I was doing a match report with the summary of the most important plays and normally during those I can't see much of the tactics and movements, but I don't remember any other mistakes by him and I remember a few very good interventions killing City's attack... pardon me if I'm wrong in my assessment.

I missed the first 18 minutes - which includes the first goal and he made one mistake as far as I'm concerned - still in the first half when he tried an anticipation and failed and City had a chance because Azpili couldn't cover him quick enough and the guy from City had a chance of goal (I don't remember exactly who, just that it was at the end of the first half).

Other than that he was very decent imo.But I had a headache, I wasn't able to focus too much and I was doing a match report with the summary of the most important plays and normally during those I can't see much of the tactics and movements, but I don't remember any other mistakes by him and I remember a few very good interventions killing City's attack... pardon me if I'm wrong in my assessment.

He does nothing close to decent in recent games, not even any important interception. Unless you count touching the balls a few times as decent. When games like against Newcastle he could surge forward and show off his skill in recent years he doesn't do it. When the team need him to be on his guard against West Brom and today he didn't do his job properly. Basically he is nothing useful to the team now apart from putting in a good shift at CDM here and then.

Can't believe so many teams want him especially for 30m+, must be his reputation.