David Luiz

the wes

I wouldn't sell him before we get hold of a WC CM.

Luiz out for 30m

Kroos/Gundagon in for 30-35m

Terry,Cahill,Zouma and Kalas could work well for next season. Don't need Luiz here at CB. Also Branna can step in as well at CB.

Completely forgot Kalas is still a Chelsea player....what a waste of a season for him. We should of loaned him out to a Championship club in January...

Completely forgot Kalas is still a Chelsea player....what a waste of a season for him. We should of loaned him out to a Championship club in January...

Remember at pre-season, Jose saying that he is gonna get around 15-20 games. Not that I'm blaming Mourinho, but 1 sub appearance is a kinda degrading.

Can't see him getting ahead of Zouma next season. If Luiz isn't sold, he definitely should go out on loan. Leverkusen perhaps?

Luiz as a DM. We don't need to buy a 30-40mil CM. We have a perfectly decent one in our squad.

Don't expect lamps to get an extension and defonitely think that mikel will be sold. Hence matic, rambo, luiz and mvg as our pivot options is quite good.

quite good isn't good enough though if we want to be the best in europe, I would much rather us sign someone like Vidal, Gundogan, Pogba, Kroos or Witsel as signing one of tem and World class Striker would make us a serious serious force in europe again, Luiz is a quality CB and a decent CM, we need more then decent to strengthen our midfield, when Lamps leaves.

Dropped twice? Well, so has Oscar. So has more players been. Plus, we sometimes needed him as DM and Cahill really stepped up and he's been solid since.

Because Cahill+JT works really well atm, that doesnt make Luiz worse. Calling Luiz a back-up is just plain stuipid pardon me. "Cant rely on". Wow...Im speechless.

But he is a back-up, and not a very dependable one at that as the matches against Newcastle and West Brom showed. There's a reason he has barely played as a centre-back in the last four months.

Good. Get PSG and Bayern involved too and that's a nice little bidding war to get that price up.

We currently have 6 defenders for 4 positions. Before we even think about selling him, we need to get at least a couple of defenders in.

Shaw

Zouma

Terry

Cahill

Ivanovic

Azpilicueta

Then you've got Kalas, Ake and possibly Chalobah and Omeruo. Of course if we could get someone like Varane then we should but we could quite conceivably go into next season with the same back four we have used for much of this season integrating Shaw and Zouma slowly.

Shaw

Zouma

Terry

Cahill

Ivanovic

Azpilicueta

Then you've got Kalas, Ake and possibly Chalobah and Omeruo. Of course if we could get someone like Varane then we should but we could quite conceivably go into next season with the same back four we have used for much of this season integrating Shaw and Zouma slowly.

The signing of Shaw is key there, because it frees up a back up CB in Iva. If that happens, then I think we can sell David and be good to go with one of Zouma/Kalas/Omeruo staying with the first team. But then you have the rumors that PSG want Iva in the summer. Anyway, we should have a clear plan of what defenders we want to take into next season before we consider any offers.

Cardiff earlier this season proves my point. Could have cost us vital points there. We've looked shaky at the back everytime he's played there this season to be honest.

HAHAHH

this is my point exacly like i said.

COULD HAVE cost us a point. People base much of what they think of luiz on what COULD HAVE happened.

/facepalm

HAHAHH

this is my point exacly like i said.

COULD HAVE cost us a point. People base much of what they think of luiz on what COULD HAVE happened.

/facepalm

I drove without a seatbelt today and I didn't crash and seriously injure myself!!!

There's obviously no need for this seatbelt, so why should I ever wear it again?

quite good isn't good enough though if we want to be the best in europe, I would much rather us sign someone like Vidal, Gundogan, Pogba, Kroos or Witsel as signing one of tem and World class Striker would make us a serious serious force in europe again, Luiz is a quality CB and a decent CM, we need more then decent to strengthen our midfield, when Lamps leaves.

But the point is our these players actually available. Vidal and pogba are the engines and the heart and soul of juve.

Gundogan has a serious injury.

Kroos is just screwimg around for more money and I have no doubt he ll sign a new contract.

Witsel is 40mil + cos he wwas bought for that. Simply don't see a viable option Unless we are willing to splash some heavy cash. I feel a striker will be the main priority this season.

But the point is our these players actually available. Vidal and pogba are the engines and the heart and soul of juve.

Kroos is just screwimg around for more money and I have no doubt he ll sign a new contract.

Witsel is 40mil + cos he wwas bought for that. Simply don't see a viable option Unless we are willing to splash some heavy cash. I feel a striker will be the main priority this season.

Gundogan can come back from this injury I reckon. Fortunately for him he's still young enough that he's got a chance of getting over it. Kroos I agree with you, but Pogba AND Vidal could not be both held on to by Juve. If we bid big (like with £30-£35M from the Luiz sale) for either I reckon we'd get them. I personally prefer Pogba because he's younger and in my opinion better than Vidal.

Vidal and Pogba could be a possibility as Serie A is such a weak league now, if they are ambitious then maybe a move here would interest them, but either way i think its worth us spending big on a world class CM and ST as that would make us one of the top 3 teams on the planet!

I drove without a seatbelt today and I didn't crash and seriously injure myself!!!

There's obviously no need for this seatbelt, so why should I ever wear it again?

Really? Has to be the most ignorant comparison Ive ever heared.

If that kind of thinking could be applied to Luiz' so called "recklessness" and the rather few incidents which COULD HAVE cost us something, then you could just draw the same conclusion from every other player.

Laugh all you want, fact is he's a CB and not a top class one ATM, no matter how much "potential" he's got or how much of a good footballer he is.

Just because Cahill+JT is better, it doesnt make Luiz less good.

Yes he's a top CB and he's also versitile and is a really good DM.

If that kind of thinking could be applied to Luiz' so called "recklessness" and the rather few incidents which COULD HAVE cost us something, then you could just draw the same conclusion from every other player.

Well his failure to track Anichebe did cost us two points against West Brom. If he'd actually marked him then he probably wouldn't have scored and we'd probably have two more points....but yeah, what's two points matter??

Here's the thing about Luiz....Mourinho simply doesn't trust him. He avoids playing him as a defender because he's already had to drop him twice this season and I seem to recall pointing out a couple of weeks back that in the space of about 3 months he was chosen as a CB only a couple of times.

In theory he's a great defender, but he's just not one for us. Great hair though.

As for David Luiz, he is a very valuable and marketable player. Worth far too much for how much we are using him. I would keep Dave because he has been a good member of the team but for what he's worth its not the right move. The ideal replacement would be Varane at a competitive price (and a midfielder to replace his small but vital role in the midfield).

As for how much I've been hearing about Gundogan, Kroos, Pogba or vidal... give it a break. Those are the kind of transfer our club made in the past, these rash expensive tastes always come back to bite us in the end. Pogba, Vidal and Gundogan are great fits but each have a list of reason they won't work from club loyalty to injuries to the ridiculous cost and contracts needed to get them. I'm very reluctantant to put any player on 250k/week wages and these players like Kroos, Vidal and Pogba will be asking for from the 'rich londond club'. Pogba might not be a bad idea to invest in but I don't think we have the leverage our competitors have. Watch as Vidal gets minced by a player who is his contemporary and who costs 1/3 of his salary.

Really? Has to be the most ignorant comparison Ive ever heared.

Not really. Was an answer to you saying that because nothing bad has come of his lack of ability to concentrate (although it has, but other people have already covered that) and suggesting that because nothing bad had happened so far that we should all just ignore it. A perfect analogy then, if a bit strong.

Luiz is not a top CB. Cahill is better and he's not a top CB either. You even admit that yourself. Hummels, Kompany, Silva, Ramos, Pique, Terry and Chiellini are the only players who can be classed as top CB's. He is a decent DM, yes, but if we get £30-35M from the sale of him then we could reinvest that back into Gundogan (if he gets over his injury) or Pogba. they're both far better midfielders than Luiz and although yes he's a useful utility player i'd much rather have an out and out quality DM/CM.

Yea, but because we look shaky in defense everytime he plays CB - that's right there shows he is less good.

I'm sure he has the potential to be a top CB and maybe he'll even present some amazing defending in the WC (I sure hope so). But right now for us he isn't 'it'.

He's a good DM but that's not his position and we already have Matic there to do the defending. No point in a Luiz-Matic pivot IMO. Only if we want to go really defensive.