David Luiz

the wes

Jesus christ the ammount of ignorance, stupidity and prejudice against Luiz is absolutley stunning.

I can definatley see a smiliar case like with Sturridge. People were telling themselfes that Danny was a selfish cunt becase he was trying to score goals for Chelsea and because he was (possibly) frustrated for the way he was treated here. Now just look at him, absolutley flourished and there is no fucking sign of him being selfish what so ever. And regarding selfish...every striker has some of that and its needed, because in the end, they are meant to score goals.

Another thing is people say we look shaky in the defense when Luiz is CB. Well anyone claiming that this is simply only related to Luiz is blind and dont know shit about football. We've played much better as a team lately and just bare in mind, with Luiz+Matic as DMs for instance, it makes the life for the CBs a HELL lot of easier.

Even with Luiz+Ramires because Luiz makes a lot of interceptions/tackles and whatnot. He actually breaks up the oppositions team alot more than he gets credit for. And just like people say HE COULD HAVE costs us points yada yada yada you could say the same thing about the fact that if he sometimes doesnt make that "reckless" tackle or whatnot, a really dangerous goalscoring opportunity could occur against us.

Take a deep breath. Repeat after me. Inhale, hold for 3 seconds then release. Do you feel better. Your sturridge claims would make sense or have any credibility if you can prove that I didn't rate him and was in support of his sale to liverpool. I stand firmly on my luiz stance and if in the unlikely event that he goes on to becone a class defender if/when he leaves then it would mean he would have defied heavy odds because no defender in hostory has gone from an unreliable, tactically naive and weak defender at the age of 26 to become a world class defender. That ship has sailed. Every single world class defenders both past and present were at the very least highly dependable and reliable at luiz age. I couldn't really give a damn waiting till enternity for the mythical potential that he posesses to come to fruition.

Jesus christ the ammount of ignorance, stupidity and prejudice against Luiz is absolutley stunning.

I can definatley see a smiliar case like with Sturridge. People were telling themselfes that Danny was a selfish cunt becase he was trying to score goals for Chelsea and because he was (possibly) frustrated for the way he was treated here. Now just look at him, absolutley flourished and there is no fucking sign of him being selfish what so ever. And regarding selfish...every striker has some of that and its needed, because in the end, they are meant to score goals.

Another thing is people say we look shaky in the defense when Luiz is CB. Well anyone claiming that this is simply only related to Luiz is blind and dont know shit about football. We've played much better as a team lately and just bare in mind, with Luiz+Matic as DMs for instance, it makes the life for the CBs a HELL lot of easier.

Even with Luiz+Ramires because Luiz makes a lot of interceptions/tackles and whatnot. He actually breaks up the oppositions team alot more than he gets credit for. And just like people say HE COULD HAVE costs us points yada yada yada you could say the same thing about the fact that if he sometimes doesnt make that "reckless" tackle or whatnot, a really dangerous goalscoring opportunity could occur against us.

Repeat after me. Ignore the De Niro guy. Do you feel better already? :D

He talks about odds as if he pulled them out of his ass - maybe because he did. Otherwise he'd be able to SELL (for a lot of money) his vast knowledge about player's potential to the likes of Barcelona! I mean, if he could convince (let alone prove) to Barcelona, Bayern, and PSG, that DL's "ship has already sailed" he'd save them a lot of money, therefore the information in itself would be worth a lot of money.

If he thinks DL is mentally weak, he must acknowledge Ramires is mentally strong and yet, just check what he writes about Ramires on the Ramires thread.

OK my bad... Ramires is not technically as gifted as Luiz (even though De Niro guy thinks DL is also poor technique wise lol). I'm beginning to see a pattern here...

Now go on to Oscar's thread and read his comments... Oscar is one of the most rounded players I've ever seen and yet he thinks he sucks that he does not give 100% for chelsea! The little guy tackles anything that moves for us!

I mean if you don't yet see the pattern here, I'm not going to spell it out for you. :D Just wait until Willian has a few poor games...

Repeat after me. Ignore the De Niro guy. Do you feel better already? :D

He talks about odds as if he pulled them out of his ass - maybe because he did. Otherwise he'd be able to SELL (for a lot of money) his vast knowledge about player's potential to the likes of Barcelona! I mean, if he could convince (let alone prove) to Barcelona, Bayern, and PSG, that DL's "ship has already sailed" he'd save them a lot of money, therefore the information in itself would be worth a lot of money.

If he thinks DL is mentally weak, he must acknowledge Ramires is mentally strong and yet, just check what he writes about Ramires on the Ramires thread.

OK my bad... Ramires is not technically as gifted as Luiz (even though De Niro guy thinks DL is also poor technique wise lol). I'm beginning to see a pattern here...

Now go on to Oscar's thread and read his comments... Oscar is one of the most rounded players I've ever seen and yet he thinks he sucks that he does not give 100% for chelsea! The little guy tackles anything that moves for us!

I mean if you don't yet see the pattern here, I'm not going to spell it out for you. :D Just wait until Willian has a few poor games...

"de niro guy". Only a mental midget would find that funny enough to attempt to use it as a derigatory term which im sire is the underlying purpose of the use. As for the drivel you wrote up there. If you are going to refute a claim and dismiss ot, the leaat you can do is to provide proof and examples that proves the contrary. Ao how many world class defenders were shaky and unreliable at liz age?.

Your hero and fellow country man luiz is mentally weak and unreliable ag the back. Now go on and cry some more. The deniro guy doesn't rate my darling luiz booo hoooo

"de niro guy". Only a mental midget would find that funny enough to attempt to use it as a derigatory term which im sire is the underlying purpose of the use. As for the drivel you wrote up there. If you are going to refute a claim and dismiss ot, the leaat you can do is to provide proof and examples that proves the contrary. Ao how many world class defenders were shaky and unreliable at liz age?.

Your hero and fellow country man luiz is mentally weak and unreliable ag the back. Now go on and cry some more. The deniro guy doesn't rate my darling luiz booo hoooo

It's really not funny... just sad.

You seem unwilling to read the drivel I write and the feeling is mutual. That's what the ignore list is for.

see ya.

Turning it into a race/nationality thing again are we? Well I think Ramires is technically poor and David Luiz is weak mentally (nothing else explains how such a fine physical and technically specimen simply can't put all those tools together and be one of the best in the world), but I've said on numerous occasions that Oscar has been one of our best players. That must hurt the old brain-box when you can't just make derisory implications about other posters.

Otherwise he'd be able to SELL (for a lot of money) his vast knowledge about player's potential to the likes of Barcelona! I mean, if he could convince (let alone prove) to Barcelona, Bayern, and PSG, that DL's "ship has already sailed" he'd save them a lot of money, therefore the information in itself would be worth a lot of money.

It's amazing that you place such stock in Barcelona's view of defenders (they've gotten by with playing Javier Mascherano, one of the better DMs around, in defence for the last couple of years and even played Yaya Toure there for a time...some teams don't need quality defenders) but don't seem to have much time for Jose Mourinho's view....he's the Chelsea manager FYI.

And the amount of burying of heads in the sand done by Luiz's little fanclub is absolutely baffling....but look at you using pejoratives again like the poster every decent member of this forum knows you to be. :clap:

Another thing is people say we look shaky in the defense when Luiz is CB. Well anyone claiming that this is simply only related to Luiz is blind and dont know shit about football.

If you swear hand on heart that you don't have a worry in your head when Luiz is named on the team sheet then that's fine.....but you're in the minority if my experiences of supporting Chelsea are anything to go by.

In theory (which is where I think fans like you only assess David Luiz....and maybe FIFA 14 because he's tremendous on there) David Luiz is the best defender in the world. HE HAS EVERYTHING......except the mental side of the game and that is something that a certain type of immature supporter completely overlooks.

The mental side of the game is the most important aspect of any sportsman. I have yet to be convinced by anyone that a mental midget can reach the highest echelons of any sport, regardless of innate talent and physical superiority. That top two inches can make or break whatever else that player has and it needs to be there on a consistent basis. Those are the things that top coaches like Mourinho respect, and I don't understand how anyone who professes to be a Chelsea supporter and has watched the likes of Drogba, Terry and Lampard drag this team to wins through sheer guts and mental strength and the will to win can fail to understand that.

It's really not funny... just sad.

You seem unwilling to read the drivel I write and the feeling is mutual. That's what the ignore list is for.

see ya.

You find the use of one of the greatest actors of all time as an avatar sad?.

another of your opinions you consider to be a fact ,, even more sad

Wait....we're going to argue about one of the great screen actors of all time being something but that???

It is a fact. De Niro is one of the greats, although arguing that he's not is probably going to be easier than arguing that Luiz is a world-class defender.

He has world-class attributes, but it's like looking at an formula one car and thinking it's going to win the race.....No.

You need the right driver.

Well this topic has fallen into a proper shit-slinging mess.

Everyone has such strong views over Luiz it seems....

Can't we all agree that we'd be happy for him to stay as a utility player, but if we get a £30M+ offer for him then it is better for both him and the club to let him go.

Well apperantly not eveybody shares the same opinion on this.

Some don't think we're better off selling him even for the price of 30+..

Well this topic has fallen into a proper shit-slinging mess.

Everyone has such strong views over Luiz it seems....

Can't we all agree that we'd be happy for him to stay as a utility player, but if we get a £30M+ offer for him then it is better for both him and the club to let him go.

Perfectly put. Its sane as juan's situation.

Turning it into a race/nationality thing again are we? Well I think Ramires is technically poor and David Luiz is weak mentally (nothing else explains how such a fine physical and technically specimen simply can't put all those tools together and be one of the best in the world), but I've said on numerous occasions that Oscar has been one of our best players. That must hurt the old brain-box when you can't just make derisory implications about other posters.

I call it the way I see it. Right, yes but someone else also manages to find something to complain about concerning Oscar.

Don't you worry about the old brain-box as it is well-regarded by who matters (typically employers).

Do you really think nationality does not play a part when some of the players involved play for country? It's only natural that it does.

It's amazing that you place such stock in Barcelona's view of defenders (they've gotten by with playing Javier Mascherano, one of the better DMs around, in defence for the last couple of years and even played Yaya Toure there for a time...some teams don't need quality defenders) but don't seem to have much time for Jose Mourinho's view....he's the Chelsea manager FYI.

Not only Barcelona but Bayern too as Guardiola likes DL as a player. PSG has been reported interested as well.

You are attributing something to Barcelona that isn't theirs. Total football was not invented by Barcelona as you well know. Many sides that I've seen dominate football for years have employed that type of football. It relies more on technical skills (spec passing) and pace. Frank De Boer was one of the better defenders I've ever seen play in that system.

It's really irrelevant which system is better though. My point has always been that different players perform better or worse depending on whether the system helps them or not. As good as Jose is, Jose is ALSO not Chelsea. He too will go some day.

There is also a possibility Dl has been sulking a bit and will return to his usual form once allowed to move. Who knows?! I just know, as much of the evidence shows, he is a very good footballer and a Chelsea player.

The mental side of the game is the most important aspect of any sportsman. I have yet to be convinced by anyone that a mental midget can reach the highest echelons of any sport, regardless of innate talent and physical superiority. That top two inches can make or break whatever else that player has and it needs to be there on a consistent basis. Those are the things that top coaches like Mourinho respect, and I don't understand how anyone who professes to be a Chelsea supporter and has watched the likes of Drogba, Terry and Lampard drag this team to wins through sheer guts and mental strength and the will to win can fail to understand that.

One of my least favorite top players of all times, Ronaldinho, disagrees as he was voted best player in the world for... how many times? He is, mentally, the weakest footballer I know (I've met him and know his brother/agent). BTW, I do believe his poor mentality has indeed hindered his influence for country. Technically, on the other hand, he was sublime with perfect first touch dribbling, creativity, vision, and finishing - esp in the beginning of his career when he was pacier.

I've seen many, many sides win titles with mentally weak players in key roles. There is a balance to be had - it's not all or nothing.

Just to be clear, I don't consider DL mentally weak; he just has very specific weaknesses in concentration and positioning. He has never seen a red card even though he is VERY aggressive and physical in his play. He is good with interceptions, which implies good reading actually and he is very determined though not this season for whaever reason... wanted to move?

I call it the way I see it.

That's on my list of completely meaningless things to say. Here's an idea....don't imply people are racist or xenophobic over the internet.

Some people say that's the actions of a coward, but they're probably just calling it the way they see it.

he just has very specific weaknesses in concentration and positioning.

Which is exactly what everyone is saying. Glad we got there in the end.

That's on my list of completely meaningless things to say. Here's an idea....don't imply people are racist or xenophobic over the internet.

Some people say that's the actions of a coward, but they're probably just calling it the way they see it.

Here's another idea: mind your own fucking business and I say whatever the hell I want.

Which is exactly what everyone is saying. Glad we got there in the end.

No, that's absolutely not what EVERYONE is saying!

Here's another idea: mind your own fucking business and I say whatever the hell I want.

Over the internet. :rolleyes:

No, that's absolutely not what EVERYONE is saying!

Has all the physical traits. Has all the technical skills. Has weaknesses when it comes to concentration.

Was like it at 23....still like it as 26.

Chelsea FC@chelseafc 28m

Nice to see the Brazilians, after a long trip to South Africa, back among the group...#CFC pic.twitter.com/3eGfMtRvNg

BiDcXGBIcAAX7ap.jpg

They played in South Africa last night and they already joined the squad... I hope they will be fresh in Saturday.