David Luiz

the wes

Second goal could have been avoided if he hadn't started flapping his arms around. What's the point in doing that anyway? The ref isn't gonna give the offside just because you raise your hand, hasn't this been proven time and time again? This momentary lapse in concentration allowed whoever scored that goal get ahead of David and have a tap in.

We've been telling this "potential and patience" story long enough, by now he should be consistently reliable performer. He's not and therefore I don't see him as a defender anymore, his place is in midfield.

If he is a chelsea player next season ( the probablitt of which is decreasing exponentially after every match tbat he starts in defence), it should ONLY be as a DM. Otherwise sell him, get 35mil and buy mangala if zouna is not deemed ready.

Simple as that. Dont care how fucking beckenbeurish he is witg the brazilian nt and that he displaced dante and is next to god himself, cos for CHELSEA he has been poor as a CB all season. And we can't afford to have our 3rs choice CB be this bad considring we will have a 34 yeat old JT next season.

Weak game again ... Focus and concentration is a must for a CB. Kompany learned this the hard way and now gets the flak on belgian tv for being too simply/reliable. Go figure.

Fuck that. Luiz should translate his ability into his role on the pitch. A player that does not do that or isnt able, is a problem. If he is a CB, concentration really IS a crucial competence.

Also: even if people boast his technicality, I cringe when he receives a ball and it bounces 3 meters from his feet- which he then spurts to recuperate. What is technical about that?

He fails in my account after a loooooooooooong evaluation.

Weak game again ... Focus and concentration is a must for a CB. Kompany learned this the hard way and now gets the flak on belgian tv for being too simply/reliable. Go figure.

Fuck that. Luiz should translate his ability into his role on the pitch. A player that does not do that or isnt able, is a problem. If he is a CB, concentration really IS a crucial competence.

Also: even if people boast his technicality, I cringe when he receives a ball and it bounces 3 meters from his feet- which he then spurts to recuperate. What is technical about that?

He fails in my account after a loooooooooooong evaluation.

Him being a technical CB is a make believe situation. Needs to up his game fast.

This guy is an enigma - a liability at CB, but a solid DLP. He is the perfect CB for the likes of Barcelona and Bayern and I think his fate will be decided in the summer - keep him to partner Matic in the pivot or sell him and bring a world class defender to replace him in the squad and JT in the starting line-up at the same time.

Luiz definitely lost half his value after we let him stay this season. Now, if Mour decides to sell, he is going nowhere like the 40m at the beginning of he season.

This is World Cup year, his market value will be decided in Brazil.

David Luiz proves no substitute for John Terry as Chelsea foundations crumble

“It is difficult not to pin a lot of this on Luiz, and the absence of Terry. For all the Brazilian’s obvious qualities, especially in central midfield, the defence just isn’t tied together quite as well. Chelsea’s greater waywardness reflected the occasional haphazardness that slips into his abrasive game. It was summed up in the 29th minute when he effectively challenged his own goalkeeper in air.

… Rather than keeping focus on his man, however, David Luiz committed the cardinal error of looking to the linesman. In that split-second, the game was settled.

It is, of course, one of the most elementary instructions at every level of football. It was similarly the simple difference here.”

Kompany today was excellent, technically great, pressed our attackers at the right time and knew when to drop deep, he was the only leader out on that pitch today. His passing was spot on as well, he is the player i hoped Luiz would be, somehow i don't think that's going to happen.

Luiz was poor again, he constantly keeps running out trying to press the attackers but almost always fouls them. He's clumsy, lacks focus and concentration (As Stingray said). Kompany has the intelligence to play as a CB, he knows when to press and doesn't just run out like a headless chicken committing fouls left, right and center.

Earlier in the season people were crying out for Luiz to be our defender, their argument was that he will start our the attack of with his amazing passes, i'm sorry but in the last two games we couldn't start anything from the back, In the West Brom game Oscar had to come deeper than usual to collect the ball. It's hugely embarrassing watching our defence pass the ball side to side for five minutes straight.

I'm sorry, Luiz is not Scholes, Xavi and Pirlo mixed in one, he doesn't start our attacks, the last two games has debunked that theory.

People will say 'you cant judge him on two games', i'm not, I've been saying this for months, years even.

Its funny because now this theory has been debunked, they will now say i only slate him because i'm English and we have some sort of an agenda... xenophobia, that is.

In the end, it's only forum, no need to somehow discredit another member's opinion based on their nationality.

I think many of us had a lot of expectations because we know him, because of what he plays for Brazil and what he did last season for us, especially the second part. So you sort of expect the player to carry on.

It never happened... so I don't deny he's been poor, I just don't think he is as poor as people make him out to be.

As for the nationality thing @James, I think you got it wrong.

Every football country has a preference for how their players play. It's no secret Luiz isn't the English kind of CB. Even when he was at his best here - which made his market value reach the skies and big teams want him - some English people still criticized some of his antics as a CB simply because that's not how they see the game and the CB function in a football team. At least on my part and behave it has nothing to do with xenophobia, but stating a fact.

Culturally, Brazil for example, sees and approaches the sport almost in an opposite way England does. Does it make our way or your way right or wrong? Not necessarily, although a discussion about what's better may even take place. But it does make us value different things.

What's a consensus though is that he's had a bad season, he's a downgrade to both Terry and Cahill in central defense and we hurt when any of the two are missing and Luiz has to replace either of them. Some matches we hurt more than others, but Luiz hasn't been able to give us the stability Terry or Cahill gave us this season. There are no valid argument against that... although I disagree with some about the extent of how poor he's been. He's been no poorer than the rest of our defenders last season, for example, imo - which means I'm saying Cahill, Ivanovic and Terry have been poor most of last season, sometimes alternating the bad form between them, sometimes at the same time.

Kompany today was excellent, technically great, pressed our attackers at the right time and knew when to drop deep, he was the only leader out on that pitch today. His passing was spot on as well, he is the player i hoped Luiz would be, somehow i don't think that's going to happen.

Luiz was poor again, he constantly keeps running out trying to press the attackers but almost always fouls them. He's clumsy, lacks focus and concentration (As Stingray said). Kompany has the intelligence to play as a CB, he knows when to press and doesn't just run out like a headless chicken committing fouls left, right and center.

Earlier in the season people were crying out for Luiz to be our defender, their argument was that he will start our the attack of with his amazing passes, i'm sorry but in the last two games we couldn't start anything from the back, In the West Brom game Oscar had to come deeper than usual to collect the ball. It's hugely embarrassing watching our defence pass the ball side to side for five minutes straight.

I'm sorry, Luiz is not Scholes, Xavi and Pirlo mixed in one, he doesn't start our attacks, the last two games has debunked that theory.

People will say 'you cant judge him on two games', i'm not, I've been saying this for months, years even.

Its funny because now this theory has been debunked, they will now say i only slate him because i'm English and we have some sort of an agenda... xenophobia, that is.

In the end, it's only forum, no need to somehow discredit another member's opinion based on their nationality.

on the contrary - it seem to be alive and well!

The mere fact that this thread has been so lively on Saturday is evidence enough for me.

If you think DL had anything to do with the fucking spanking we got today, then you are either delusional or disingenuous. He is one player and a defender nonetheless. I take Kompany must have had a terrible game when we beat them before. :rolleyes:

BTW, no mistake led to City's win! Nobody handed City anything! 11 players/a team was beaten. City stretched our defense in the first AND second goals. In the second goal, they put a man behind our defense line! There was no man to follow; all their forwarders had to do was run past our defense line to tap in. Most goals are scored in this fashion.

People here have an obsession with defenders as if they are the influential players who win you titles, even though history will tell a completely different story.

whatever... yes, John Terry would have been a lot more solid against City, whatever "solid" means. :rolleyes: