David Luiz

the wes

Or not.

People dont realize what a great player and asset Luiz is. Great as both CB and DM. Just remember Mikel and Lampard wont be with us for much longer. Neither might JT (though he's looking great atm) and theres always the risk of injuries to any player.

Exactly. How many times has Luiz helped us keep the pressure on our opponents when we've desperately needed to come back in a game (IIRC game against EVE this season, Game at OT last season in Cup)

Here's a wonderful analysis by Neville on him: (I think this is the video since they removed the one I saw, try the suggested videos if nec)

There will be world cup and Luiz might just prove how good/bad CB he is. I hope we dont sell him before WC if Mourinho decides to sell him. His price could go even higher after good tournament and might be his chance to prove himself to Mou.

People dont realize what a great player and asset Luiz is.

He's versatile, but as a CB he's simply not been that great this season. Dropped twice, lacklustre displays and the emergence of Cahill and Terry as the best partnership in the league mean that a pricey back-up who you can't rely on simply might not be worth turning down the possible offers.

Luiz as a DM. We don't need to buy a 30-40mil CM. We have a perfectly decent one in our squad.

Don't expect lamps to get an extension and defonitely think that mikel will be sold. Hence matic, rambo, luiz and mvg as our pivot options is quite good.

He isn't a great centre half. Think he's a good DM yes, but as a centre half he is a liability.

A liability? LMAO. I cant even believe I see a word like that. You're talking as if playing Luiz as CB means some kind of danger because of a few "incidents" he may have caused and because he's a different type of defender than what you might be used to.

I believe people look at him and when he does something, think "oh that COULD have gone bad IF it didnt go this well this time".

He's versatile, but as a CB he's simply not been that great this season. Dropped twice, lacklustre displays and the emergence of Cahill and Terry as the best partnership in the league mean that a pricey back-up who you can't rely on simply might not be worth turning down the possible offers.

Dropped twice? Well, so has Oscar. So has more players been. Plus, we sometimes needed him as DM and Cahill really stepped up and he's been solid since.

Because Cahill+JT works really well atm, that doesnt make Luiz worse. Calling Luiz a back-up is just plain stuipid pardon me. "Cant rely on". Wow...Im speechless.

A liability? LMAO. I cant even believe I see a word like that. You're talking as if playing Luiz as CB means some kind of danger because of a few "incidents" he may have caused and because he's a different type of defender than what you might be used to.

I believe people look at him and when he does something, think "oh that COULD have gone bad IF it didnt go this well this time".

Dropped twice? Well, so has Oscar. So has more players been. Plus, we sometimes needed him as DM and Cahill really stepped up and he's been solid since.

Because Cahill+JT works really well atm, that doesnt make Luiz worse. Calling Luiz a back-up is just plain stuipid pardon me. "Cant rely on". Wow...Im speechless.

You can't deny the fact that we don't look as good and solid at defending when he's playing CB.. with all my love to him.

He's a descent DM but not good enough IMO (maybe if Matic is injured).

Has great potential for a CB but its not going for him here ATM and we can't not consider any selling options.

in the last 15 years we have been lucky with CBs we have had Great ones and Good ones

just my opinion but

GREAT ,, Marcel JT Ricky ... Good / very good ....Frank ,, gallas ,,, Gary .. Bran ... David is in with these but could get better

You can't deny the fact that we don't look as good and solid at defending when he's playing CB.. with all my love to him.

He's a descent DM but not good enough IMO (maybe if Matic is injured).

Has great potential for a CB but its not going for him here ATM and we can't not consider any selling options.

You just make me laugh...

Cardiff earlier this season proves my point. Could have cost us vital points there. We've looked shaky at the back everytime he's played there this season to be honest.

Chelsea will do well to sell Mikel, Luiz and get rid of Torres ASAP. Already done good with the sale of Mata. Just a shame that Torres' presence seemed to precipitate the sale of a valuable player: D. Sturridge.

The Blues still have plenty to spend in order to have enough quality in every position. Fullback, striker, and center midfield depth on the agenda. Get rid of the 3 players above posthaste.

I'd sell him for the right money I think, it's unlikely we'll be able to replace his ability on the ball and long range passing ability from defence, but he isn't a great defender and isn't first choice, nor do I think his long term position is in midfield. His reputation over here doesnt help him and Barca would likely be an ideal fit for him, plus we look better with Cahill/Terry in defence. Would like to see us try to sign Varane as a replacement

Luiz as a DM. We don't need to buy a 30-40mil CM. We have a perfectly decent one in our squad.

Don't expect lamps to get an extension and defonitely think that mikel will be sold. Hence matic, rambo, luiz and mvg as our pivot options is quite good.

We certainly dont need to buy another DM, thats for sure, but a new CM is required though. Someone who can create ala Gundogan or someone who can bomb forward ala Vidal/Pogba.

Before you say it, Pogba offers much more than typical DM (or Luiz); he has amazing touch, passing and long shots.

Luiz could become great DM, but he will never be allround midfielder, some people were saying he could be our own Vidal, but his passing/ball control for a CB is realy good, but for a CM not that great. He has moments of brilliance with some nice runs or long passes or goals, but going forward is way to much inconsistent. However he would be fine DM (and even CB) if he can get more consistent and concentrated on game.

We certainly dont need to buy another DM, thats for sure, but a new CM is required though. Someone who can create ala Gundogan or someone who can bomb forward ala Vidal/Pogba.

Before you say it, Pogba offers much more than typical DM (or Luiz); he has amazing touch, passing and long shots.

Luiz could become great DM, but he will never be allround midfielder, some people were saying he could be our own Vidal, but his passing/ball control for a CB is realy good, but for a CM not that great. He has moments of brilliance with some nice runs or long passes or goals, but going forward is way to much inconsistent. However he would be fine DM (and even CB) if he can get more consistent and concentrated on game.

But the point is how many of these midfielders are actually available.

Pogba and vidal are juventus' engines. I seriously doubt if they ll be sold.

Gundogan has not played football for a long time now. Add to that the fact that he has a back injury which can destroy careers. So 20-25mil for him would be unnecessary and a big risk.

Kroos is just trolling teams. Evwryone knows that he os going to sign a big contract extension.

So the only actual CM would be witsel who will also cost 40mil. Simply don't think it's worth selling luiz.