David Luiz

the wes

This is where statistics are very useful. Luiz's long passes were only amazing when they hit. he was 5/15 on long balls which is terrible. You say he "blocked and tackled". He had 0 blocks and 1 tackle. He did clear the ball well and overall, he wasn't bad, he he certainly had a worse game than Cahill and and was hardly the force some are trying to make him out to be. It's one game and he's been hurt so I don't think it matters at all, but I don't understand why anyone would think he had some kind of great game or anything.

this is where stats are crazy I'd say... I've seen him clearing the ball for us in a few occasions that are vivid still in my memory...

I'll watch the replay later to confirm I'm not crazy instead, but yeah I remember a few cases. And that's the thing with long passes, anyone is prone to make mistakes, but you have a few of them right or even one and you give us a counter attack our the winner goal... and please, out of those 15 I'm sure there were cases where we were just getting rid of the ball in the extra time - which is why stats lie sometimes and you have to put it in context.

I'll see where I can find a vid from the match and I'll back to you ;)

I'll come up with my own stats when I watch the replay.

this is where stats are crazy I'd say... I've seen him clearing the ball for us in a few occasions that are vivid still in my memory...

I'll watch the replay later to confirm I'm not crazy instead, but yeah I remember a few cases. And that's the thing with long passes, anyone is prone to make mistakes, but you have a few of them right or even one and you give us a counter attack our the winner goal... and please, out of those 15 I'm sure there were cases where we were just getting rid of the ball in the extra time - which is why stats lie sometimes and you have to put it in context.

I'll see where I can find a vid from the match and I'll back to you ;)

I'll come up with my own stats when I watch the replay.

if i remember right, one of the 2 goals against Bayern started with one of his crazy runs in which he passed trough 2 defenders and made a long pass taking Bayern's lineback unprepared.

if i remember right, one of the 2 goals against Chelsea started with one of his crazy runs in which he passed trough 2 defenders and made a long pass taking Chelsea's lineback unprepared.

I remember both goals quite vividly... if that's the case, it's the first goal... which was not a counter, and there's a lot of credit to give to Ribery - who passed by Ramires and shot - I even read people complaining about Ramires and Cech in that goal. The second goal started in a play that Lukaku didn't press much the guy when they recovered the ball after we cleared it from our box. I don't know what you could possibly be talking about.

I rest my case. This is the first time I post in his thread during official competition. I've got it.

I remember both goals quite vividly... if that's the case, it's the first goal... which was not a counter, and there's a lot of credit to give to Ribery - who passed by Ramires and shot - I even read people complaining about Ramires and Cech in that goal. The second goal started in a play that Lukaku didn't press much the guy when they recovered the ball after we cleared it from our box. I don't know what you could possibly be talking about.

I rest my case. This is the first time I post in his thread during official competition. I've got it.

No, you got me wrong, I'm not talking about the goals that we conceded to them. I'm talkin about the play that David started passing the ball to Hazard.

Edit: oh... I writed wrong! lol now i see hahahahaha

I must just die lol

No, you got me wrong, I'm not talking about the goals that we conceded to them. I'm talkin about the play that David started passing the ball to Hazard.

Edit: oh... I writed wrong! lol now i see hahahahaha

I must just die lol

please, don't die, even if you're a corinthiano ;)

Also, Jay, why could he be sent off? I don't think there was anything that would have given the referee to send him off - except a bad call.

It was just some sort of a tongue in cheek comment. Not saying he should have been sent off but with some of the rash looking challenges he made, it probably wouldn't be a surprise if the ref has sent it off.

This guy is usually hypercritical when Luiz is the subject.

Me? Usually hypercritical on Luiz? Since when?!!

It was just some sort of a tongue in cheek comment. Not saying he should have been sent off but with some of the rash looking challenges he made, it probably wouldn't be a surprise if the ref has sent it off.

Me? Usually hypercritical on Luiz? Since when?!!

Sice your last post.

I have absolutely no problem if i am a "Luiz fan boy" because i totally am!! I am sure if he finishes his career here with us, he will be up there on the list of my favorite ever players of the modern era along with JT and Lampard and the Drogs!

Fan boys and girls together. He is a wonderful player

We Love Luiz :)