David Luiz

the wes

Looks like Mourinho has spoken to him and made slight changes to his game, when to go forward, when to stay, when to play it out, when to clear it etc.

Also what a penalty.

Not too sure about that. :lol:

He was probably ordered to so to cover any gap or space that is vacated by Lampard and Ramires ahead of the back 4, but the amount of times he kept on stepping out from the back and making those rash looking challenges was really scaring me off. Probably even somewhat surprised he didn't get sent off!

Looks like Mourinho has spoken to him and made slight changes to his game, when to go forward, when to stay, when to play it out, when to clear it etc.

Still not enough. Luiz had a 57% passing rate which is just atrocious and had 4 fouls to 1 tackle and no interceptions. People will remember the passes he connected on, but still way too many turnovers of possession by trying to hit the perfect pass..Still, it was his first game under Jose and it's nice to have him back as he makes our team better. If anyone can get Luiz to simplify his game, it's Mourinho.

He was probably ordered to so to cover any gap or space that is vacated by Lampard and Ramires ahead of the back, but the amount of times he kept on stepping out from the back and making those rash looking challenges was really scaring me off. Probably even somewhat surprised he didn't get sent off!

Still not enough. Luiz had a 57% passing rate which is just atrocious and had 4 fouls to 1 tackle and no interceptions. People will remember the passes he connected on, but still way too many turnovers of possession by trying to hit the perfect pass..Still, it was his first game under Jose and it's nice to have him back as he makes our team better. If anyone can get Luiz to simplify his game, it's Mourinho.

I think hes made slight adaptations to his game, he's obviously not worked with Jose for too long so its still a work in progress. His passing percentage is quite bad, most of his passes were long ones though, aimed towards our wide players so we could hit them on the counter which was the game plan. His partnership with Cahill looks to keep improving, under AVB they were shocking together, Robbie and Benitez used them at times and they looked better (most notably the CL final) and tonight him and Gazza looked good together. I suppose we had everyone behind the ball 9 times out of 10 so they had a lot of protection but I'm not taking anything away from how far they've come as a partnership.

I'm sorry to change my mind

BUT WE CAN'T SELL HIM

He was fucking outstanding today, his long range passing was fucking exceptional, and didn't he get the assist on Hazards goal? Well either way he started a lot of attacks, it's player like him what will create more goals as well as minimizing the ones against us.

I'm sorry to change my mind

BUT WE CAN'T SELL HIM

He was fucking outstanding today, his long range passing was fucking exceptional, and didn't he get the assist on Hazards goal? Well either way he started a lot of attacks, it's player like him what will create more goals as well as minimizing the ones against us.

Have you ever said we should sell him? Thats a shame Sloth, but I forgive you.

Have you ever said we should sell him? Thats a shame Sloth, but I forgive you.

Nope, I don't think I ever said that, maybe a year ago when he was playing bad and I was in knee jerk mode, forgive me man :(

But when Barca apparently offered 40 million for him a week ago, I said we should accept. Now I have changed my mind, he's already back to how he was this season, I think he's going to be a great player.

He was probably ordered to so to cover any gap or space that is vacated by Lampard and Ramires ahead of the back 4, but the amount of times he kept on stepping out from the back and making those rash looking challenges was really scaring me off. Probably even somewhat surprised he didn't get sent off!

Two things (imo): I don't think he was a liability at any moment. When it mattered he blocked, tackled, cleared the balls that needed to be taken away from our box. The guy has barely played since Confed Cup, has been injured for a few weeks, so I think his pass accuracy is expected to be affected?

His long passes were amazing though, the way he connected the plays with the midfield and even the direct linkup with the attack was really good, especially because he's a CB...

Also, Jay, why could he be sent off? I don't think there was anything that would have given the referee to send him off - except a bad call.

The one bad thing I've noticed though... recently he seemed to have shortened his temper a bit. He's not short tempered, but he's less calm than he used to be. It seems like opponents are riling him up more often. That could be a problem in the future if it continues to progress.

Definitely captain material. not only because of the leadership, the commitment, the seriousness when needed, but also because he's sensitive/supportive to his teammates bad patches. This is the guy who prays for Fer before matches, who comforts the boy that missed the final penalty, that cracks a joke when things are too tense in the dressing room (more than one player stated that). This sensibility makes him a captain like few would be. His leadership is indisputable.

I have absolutely no problem if i am a "Luiz fan boy" because i totally am!! I am sure if he finishes his career here with us, he will be up there on the list of my favorite ever players of the modern era along with JT and Lampard and the Drogs!

Two things (imo): I don't think he was a liability at any moment. When it mattered he blocked, tackled, cleared the balls that needed to be taken away from our box. The guy has barely played since Confed Cup, has been injured for a few weeks, so I think his pass accuracy is expected to be affected?

His long passes were amazing though, the way he connected the plays with the midfield and even the direct linkup with the attack was really good, especially because he's a CB...

Also, Jay, why could he be sent off? I don't think there was anything that would have given the referee to send him off - except a bad call.

The one bad thing I've noticed though... recently he seemed to have shortened his temper a bit. He's not short tempered, but he's less calm than he used to be. It seems like opponents are riling him up more often. That could be a problem in the future if it continues to progress.

Definitely captain material. not only because of the leadership, the commitment, the seriousness when needed, but also because he's sensitive/supportive to his teammates bad patches. This is the guy who prays for Fer before matches, who comforts the boy that missed the final penalty, that cracks a joke when things are too tense in the dressing room (more than one player stated that). This sensibility makes him a captain like few would be. His leadership is indisputable.

This is where statistics are very useful. Luiz's long passes were only amazing when they hit. he was 5/15 on long balls which is terrible. You say he "blocked and tackled". He had 0 blocks and 1 tackle. He did clear the ball well and overall, he wasn't bad, he he certainly had a worse game than Cahill and and was hardly the force some are trying to make him out to be. It's one game and he's been hurt so I don't think it matters at all, but I don't understand why anyone would think he had some kind of great game or anything.