David Luiz

the wes

finally he has come out and squash the speculation once and for all. Now wouldn't be surprised if he starts against Villa as he got no injury imo, he wasn't starting at the weekend because Jose fears his head might not be right.

Here's the thing that happened in my humble opinion - I have no facts to back me up except what everyone saw and read.

He wanted to move to Barça because it's hard to resist them and basically every Brazilian player dreams of playing there. He may or may not have submitted a request to leave after their bid was rejected, but Mourinho and the board made it clear to him that they won't release him and that he has a new contract and 5 more years in this contract.

Luiz accepted the club's position - he is happy here after all - and now he'll continue to give us his best because that's the man he is, he won't play bad out of a whim because we want him to honor the contract he signed himself. He's a man of character and he's a very good man, so I expect him to give us his best, as he's always had. If Barça comes again in the next window it may change, but if the team keeps the position, I believe he'll keep his as well. We won't see him doing what Fábregas did, whipping and whining about wanting to leave. He wanted to go, the club didn't want him to go. End of story, life goes on.

• 2 weeks later...

So Rooney announces he won't hand in a transfer request... now this...

Manchester United plot David Luiz transfer and will pay Chelsea £30m to land defender

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-david-luiz-2230372?

:doh: