David Luiz

the wes

@Jype, Vertonghen is hugely over-rated, his goals cover up some glaring defensive frailties, Spurs had a mere 3 clean sheets in their last 19 league games last season and he was one of the main reason's for that.

@Tomo

That's not down to him, that's down to AVB pushing him forward, AVB likes expandable attack from all areas, he's a stubborn person, regardless of how many goals he will concede he wont change that philosophy.

Luiz would do the exact same if he were at Spurs now, AVB couldn't implement the system here, that's mainly due to the fact as we didn't have many good players that had pace and creativity. However Luiz had a really rough patch under AVB. He conceded a lot of goals for us because he was always trying to take players on rather than playing it safe. Look at the goal he conceded against Napoli when they went 3-1 up. Cavani was jumping right on him, and this is Cavani someone who likes to breathe down defenders necks, and he was trying to flick the ball over him and we all know what happened.

There's not many replacements for Luiz though, Spurs isn't an option, we simply can't do business with them as we would have to pay in the regions of 40 odd million for Vertonghen at least. Mats Hummel is a similar player to them both, Hummels likes to play the ball and get the ball upfield rather than just clearing it, he adds a lot the attack. In form he is unbeatable, he wins everything, gets to everything and is the starter of most attacks whether that's counter attacks or just simple build up play. But we've all seen what he's like when he's not on form, last season for instance. He was so sloppy, he cost Dortmund so many times, I remember watching Dortmunds last game in Bundesliga, what an awful game he had then, he conceded one of the dumbest penalties I've ever seen. It's like he didn't give a shit about what he done, he didn't have to step in but he persisted on going in for a risky challenge.

These sort of players are just very confident players. However even though some people think players like Hummels are overrated and aren't mature enough, under the likes of Mourinho they could be different. I mean put him in the Premier League alongside JT and I'm sure he could sort him out and he would want to play his football and be more careful in what he does.

But replacements are going to be tricky to get, I don't just want a class centre back like Subotic, I want a defender who is a ball playing defender like Luiz is, who can contribute to the attack rather than being so basic. Adding more dimensions to the game opens up more ways to score goals rather than making it predictable, it can even make you unstoppable, little contributions lead up to massive ones.

Who said anything about Ajax? Read my post again and this time with a little more concentration. I was talking about the 31-year-old Brazilian central defender Alex who used to play for Chelsea before being dumped to PSG by Villas-Boas and replaced by Gary Cahill. Alex has constantly been ahead of Mamadou Sakho in the PSG pecking order but he couldn't get a game at Chelsea, says it all really.

Eliaquim Mangala and Jan Vertonghen, you serious? There's absolutely no way Spurs would ever sell their best defender to a rival club whatever the price, especially after already letting go of Steven Caulker in this transfer window. One of the best centrebacks in the Premier League, if not the whole world, but definitely not a realistic replacement for Luiz considering the club he plays for. And then there's Mangala who is also a great player and could even be within our grasp but knowing Porto he'd cost the full €40m release clause and at this point in the window it's just not worth it. Even if Barcelona paid over the odds (over €50m) for Luiz, we'd still end up overpaying for the replacement and no matter who he'd be our team wouldn't be as good as it is now and we would hardly have any money left from selling Luiz. The replacement would come in to a new club with the season already under way and it could potentially take a long time for him to fully adapt so even if we considered him to be as good a player as Luiz is our season would still be hurt by the sale of one of our finest players.

In my opinion the club shouldn't even consider selling Luiz unless he acted a cunt and submitted an official transfer request, which I really can't see him doing.

Woha must buy goggles it seems.

And yeah, I'm against selling Luiz as well. I'm just trying to think of replacements if it sadly would happen. Just popped out the first names in my head. Though I'm not sure they'd ask 40 mill for Mangala, they have letten others go below they're buy out clause as well, if the money given was more than profitable and enough to get some replacement. Nobody would ever pay 40 mill for mangala, however if one would pay upward of 15, they already made a lot of profit. He went there for barely anything you know.

I'm not sure they'd ask 40 mill for Mangala, they have letten others go below they're buy out clause as well, if the money given was more than profitable and enough to get some replacement. Nobody would ever pay 40 mill for mangala, however if one would pay upward of 15, they already made a lot of profit. He went there for barely anything you know.

They may have let a couple of players go below their release clauses every now and again but in the last decade or so the vast majority of their star players have gone for insane amounts, even if they had initially signed said players for peanuts. In this window alone Porto have already made a massive amount of money by selling Moutinho and Rodriguez to Monaco so they are in a position where they don't have to sell anyone unless someone decides to pay over the odds. That, and the fact their president Pinto da Costa already hates Chelsea after the club appointed AVB against his will means they will sell us fuck all if we don't splash the cash and pay the full clause.

But yeah, this discussion is not exactly concerning David Luiz anymore so it might be better suited for the general transfer talk thread if you still have something to say.

I would respect Luiz's wishes ( IF any of the transfer rumors were true)...but to think of joining the current Barca team? Its not Pep's or even Vilanova's Barca. They still have one of the strongest squads in the world no doubt, but I think it would be a massive gamble on his part to join the current and relatively untested Barca this transfer window.

Let's act like Luiz will go to Barca. Their defence line would look like this: Alves - Luiz - Pique - Alba. Not bad at all. Not to mention the midfielders and attackers. They have Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Messi, Neymar and Pedro, for example. That being said, no matter who's the manager, Barcelona is still an attractive club to play for.

Who said anything about Ajax? Read my post again and this time with a little more concentration. I was talking about the 31-year-old Brazilian central defender Alex who used to play for Chelsea before being dumped to PSG by Villas-Boas and replaced by Gary Cahill. Alex has constantly been ahead of Mamadou Sakho in the PSG pecking order but he couldn't get a game at Chelsea, says it all really.

Eliaquim Mangala and Jan Vertonghen, you serious? There's absolutely no way Spurs would ever sell their best defender to a rival club whatever the price, especially after already letting go of Steven Caulker in this transfer window. One of the best centrebacks in the Premier League, if not the whole world, but definitely not a realistic replacement for Luiz considering the club he plays for. And then there's Mangala who is also a great player and could even be within our grasp but knowing Porto he'd cost the full €40m release clause and at this point in the window it's just not worth it. Even if Barcelona paid over the odds (over €50m) for Luiz, we'd still end up overpaying for the replacement and no matter who he'd be our team wouldn't be as good as it is now and we would hardly have any money left from selling Luiz. The replacement would come in to a new club with the season already under way and it could potentially take a long time for him to fully adapt so even if we considered him to be as good a player as Luiz is our season would still be hurt by the sale of one of our finest players.

In my opinion the club shouldn't even consider selling Luiz unless he acted a cunt and submitted an official transfer request, which I really can't see him doing.

You missed out something or rather someone in that Vertonghen part...Daniel Levy! We should know better not to even deal with them pricks after the Modric saga.

I'm on my way to a busy day out (gotta love those sight-see tours), but I've been checking the site on my phone a few times a day just to make sure I don't miss any news on this...

This is more alarming than not signing a new striker imo. We've seen how our defence without Luiz performs against a strong side and the answer is simple: no thanks!

We had almost as much issues with the amount of goals conceding (not the entirety of the league, but at some streaks and some isolated matches) with Luiz in the team (Terry off), if we permanently lose Luiz, pardon my French, but we're screwed. If there were better or equivalent options around, Barça would go for them. The fact they're aiming Luiz after Thiago said no is because that's the best deal CB wise. So we won't be to replace with the same level and I'm not sure we would be able to replace at all.

How many available guys are there? So we would definitely be replacing him for less quality. Given the time that the new guy would take to adapt and the many matches where the partnership would be Terry/Cahill until the new guy was fully adapted, I'd dare say not even Cavani + Lewa would solve our problems because our defence with TC is a nightmare...

So I hope Dani Cunt Alves wasn't trying the fake modesty when he said on TV (in Portuguese) that of course Barça would want Luiz (and he implied Luiz wants Barça too saying that Luiz was the one who asked him how the environment was and a few other rubbish that I don't remember because I was too busy rolling my eyes - I HATE Dani Cunt Alves), but then he went out of his way (for his standards) and said that there was no way Mourinho would allow it to happen, that Mourinho is smart and Mourinho knows Luiz is important and he wouldn't allow him to join Barça.

The motherfucker only said that because if Luiz indeed goes it's also a jab on Mourinho - with whom he had epic press battles in Spain. They hate each other. So why would he call Mourinho smart and say he wouldn't allow it to happen?

This stupid international week was in the worst possible time because Dani Alves is courting Luiz (private and in interviews like that) worse than Pique and Puyol did with Fabregas and I'm sure some of you remember how that was.

His interview was SO rubbish that I nearly punched the TV. Good thing I wasn't in my house, otherwise I wouldn't have resisted the urge to punch that cunt in the face.

Woha must buy goggles it seems.

And yeah, I'm against selling Luiz as well. I'm just trying to think of replacements if it sadly would happen. Just popped out the first names in my head. Though I'm not sure they'd ask 40 mill for Mangala, they have letten others go below they're buy out clause as well, if the money given was more than profitable and enough to get some replacement. Nobody would ever pay 40 mill for mangala, however if one would pay upward of 15, they already made a lot of profit. He went there for barely anything you know.

Go search Porto's transfer history, they don't care for how much he went there

40+ please

How much is Varane valued at?

Do you really think Real Madrid would sell a young CB who has the potential to be one of the best in the world very soon, especially after the season he just had? Edited by The Skipper

So I hope Dani Cunt Alves wasn't trying the fake modesty when he said on TV (in Portuguese) that of course Barça would want Luiz (and he implied Luiz wants Barça too saying that Luiz was the one who asked him how the environment was and a few other rubbish that I don't remember because I was too busy rolling my eyes - I HATE Dani Cunt Alves)

I really do wanna punch that devil-eyed fucker too after reading this. I seriously hope those fuckers really fail this season, a way of karma so to speak. But I swear I will lose total respect for David and wish him fail after fail in his career if those comments from Devil Eyes are true and he really wants to move to that sh*thole. CFC made him who he is, and for him to turn his back on us isn't even on the same scale as Torres quitting Liversh*t or Figo switching to Real. I just hope all of that is untrue and he is forever CFC, cause he has the potential to become a legend here, and for those wishing to sell him in a heartbeat and replacing him with fools like Hummels?? Tsk, eat some shrooms and go on a journey where you will realize what's up.

I really do wanna punch that devil-eyed fucker too after reading this. I seriously hope those fuckers really fail this season, a way of karma so to speak. But I swear I will lose total respect for David and wish him fail after fail in his career if those comments from Devil Eyes are true and he really wants to move to that sh*thole. CFC made him who he is, and for him to turn his back on us isn't even on the same scale as Torres quitting Liversh*t or Figo switching to Real. I just hope all of that is untrue and he is forever CFC, cause he has the potential to become a legend here, and for those wishing to sell him in a heartbeat and replacing him with fools like Hummels?? Tsk, eat some shrooms and go on a journey where you will realize what's up.

The thing is Dani Alves (and who knows maybe Neymar too) may be painting Barça as the best place to be in the world. I just read some quotes to El Mundo Deportivo where Alves say about the same lines, adding that it doesn't matter if Luiz wants to go or not, as he's sure Mourinho won't release him to go. He makes it look like he convinced Luiz to join, but that Mourinho is stopping it from happening.

Keep in mind nearly all Brazilian (and guess the same is applicable to most countries in the world) want to play for Barça, it's their dream or whatever. So I guess maybe Luiz wanted this even before he went to Chelsea and now there's this guy talking to him all the time about why he should go and how amazing Barça is, I don't blame him if he goes... but I refuse to support any Barça player - by principle - so I won't be supporting him, but I think he has the right to go if that's what he wants.

And we can't afford his departure imo. That's the main thing. If they wanted Oscar for example, I'd hate it, but it'd be okay because we can afford losing Oscar as we have plenty of options, but we don't have another David Luiz in the team...