David Luiz

the wes

He owes us another season we stood by him when he was the laughing stock of the league, we lived with our hearts in our mouths when he played sometimes but we stood by him even when the fans began to turn on Torres, so for the support he got from us fans he owes us at least one really good season

This post is dangerously close to RAWKite behavior

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130813/fc-barcelona/chelsea-pide-50-millones-fichaje-david-luiz_54379395921.html

According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona is trying another option. Chelsea demanded 50m, because Mourinhor and Abramovich dont want to sell, but Barcelona wont pay, and won't increase the offer. According to their sources it was 30m euros + 5m.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130813/fc-barcelona/tata-martino-frena-fichaje-david-luiz_54379395935.html

And in this report, they are asserting that Tata Martino dont want Barcelona to sped 50m on David Luiz, because he dont want Barcelona to make crazy things, and he think he can handle the situation with the squad he already have.

Well, Mundo Deportivo is the paper that were supporting this saga since the beginning, but it seems now they are giving up.

"I will only talk about the national team because this is all I can think about when I come here, that's how I think," Luiz is quoted as saying by Globo Esporte.

"It was like this in Brazil during the Confederations Cup, and it will be like this here.

"You (the media) can try everything, but you won't get anything from me."

- David Luiz

If he would've stayed in Chelsea he would have said something like '' I am a Chelsea player and I remain as a Chelsea player.''

I can see him going to Barca and IF he does then I have lost my respect for him.

He said this on July 23rd:

DAVID LUIZ: I have a contract for another five years with Chelsea. I have nothing to talk about other clubs. We have many rumors and I only speak of what is real.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/selecao-brasileira/noticia/2013/07/idolos-imitam-fas-david-luiz-e-thiago-silva-repetem-sosias-mirins-do-piaui.html

He has said nothing that contradicts that or implies he wants to leave. Do I think he's interested in moving to Barcelona? Sure, like almost every player in world football would be. But he hasn't embarrassed the club publicly or weakened its negotiating position, so I have no problems with him and would have no issue supporting him if he stayed.

was about to leave for the day when I saw this on my twitter and decided to share

cd433b0003fd11e3aef922000a9f3c05_7.jpg

Luiz posted this on his Instagram accompanied by the word "fact"

Translation: 'People will judge you without knowing you. Get used to it'

be the judges of it yourselves.

Mate, you're making it sound so easy to replace him right now. Which quality defender is available out there and their club is willing to sell at this point of the transfer window? Even if they are willing to sell, we are likely have to pay a fortune to get that quality centre back especially with clubs then knowing we are desperate to get a new defender. Moreover, I have been saying this a lot, selling Luiz is just a disastrous move. Our defence are already average particularly in the CB area as it is and it's absolutely nonsensical should we sell Luiz and weaken it even further. If anything, we should probably be strengthening by selling the average defenders in Cahill and even Ivanovic and getting better ones to improve that area!

Ivanovic is a better defender than Luiz, Luiz is a better footballer though.

Ivanovic is a better defender than Luiz, Luiz is a better footballer though.

Not sure if I can agree with that after watching Ivanovic's passive defending so many times and making poor defensive mistakes. Luiz no doubt also still make mistakes at the back but they are getting lesser compare to when he joined us and it's usually being blown out of proportion when he makes one these days anyway...

I have bad feeling that Barca will be soo desperate/angry and will agree to spend up to 50mio for CB before end of August...hope its not Luiz that will go.

£50m? Luiz isn't worth that and Barca would have overpaid

Oh and http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2391251/Chelsea-told-David-Luiz-wants-quit-Barcelona-say-Spanish-media.html DailyFail but more to come me think

If Luiz really wants to go, which I doubt he actually does, I'd let him leave. Tell Barcelona they can have him if they pay £40-£50m (doubt Barca can afford that) or give us Fabregas, accept no less, the club doesnt need the money

If Luiz really wants to go, which I doubt he actually does, I'd let him leave. Tell Barcelona they can have him if they pay £40-£50m (doubt Barca can afford that) or give us Fabregas, accept no less, the club doesnt need the money

FABREGAS. I hate him so much and he will never fit Chelsea they should just pay 45 milion pounds or at least 40 and we will buy a better CB.

FABREGAS. I hate him so much and he will never fit Chelsea they should just pay 45 milion pounds or at least 40 and we will buy a better CB.

Who better will we be able to get for less money than we sell Luiz for? also bare in mind the fact teams will milk us for the money because they know we will be desperate for a new centre back.