David Luiz

the wes

Some nutters on these forums wanted him gone not too long ago and never got behind him whatever.gif

Unfortunently the media have far too much power in the country, if they said Drogba was not a big game player half the nation would follow and say the same.

I have said before and will say again, if Mourinho returns, he will be the best defender in the world.

Saying he should of gone was premature, he has great qualities but also has moments of pure madness. When I say madness I mean basic decisions so in all if he alleviates this from his game and can be what he wants IMO.

Super goal last night and has all the potential to be club captain in the future.

Some nutters on these forums wanted him gone not too long ago and never got behind him whatever.gif

He was making a fair number of mistakes and there were rumours that Barca were interested in a bid for him, so people said that maybe it was best that he moved on. I don't think any person on here 'never got behind him', but just expressed concern at his suitability to this league. :rolleyes:

He was making a fair number of mistakes and there were rumours that Barca were interested in a bid for him, so people said that maybe it was best that he moved on. I don't think any person on here 'never got behind him', but just expressed concern at his suitability to this league. :rolleyes:

so you're one of them! :wank2:

:P

so you're one of them! :wank2:

:P

I probably was, but the guy has really upped his performances and that's a fantastic sign going forward. I also said I didn't think he'd be suitable as a future captain, but in the last couple of months he's emerged as a real leader in the team and been someone we rely on.

I've been massively impressed with the way he's carried himself in the second-half of the season and I'll hold my hands up and admit that he's shown stuff I didn't know he had, but there were reasons why people were expressing concerns about him.

Saying he should of gone was premature, he has great qualities but also has moments of pure madness. When I say madness I mean basic decisions so in all if he alleviates this from his game and can be what he wants IMO.

Super goal last night and has all the potential to be club captain in the future.

So does our captain Terry. So what does that tell us exacly?

All that makes sense, but JT will still be club captain in my opinion.

Funnily enough I'd pick the same three players you did. Cech is a senior player, he's smart and he communicates effectively with his teammates. I don't have a massive objection to keepers being captain but it does make communication with the refs tricky and that's one of the most important jobs of a captain. They need to manage refs and that's one of the reasons I like Mata as skipper. He's intelligent, he's respectful, he's respected but he can seem a little shy at times. He might be a little too cerebral for the role and not have the oomph that we're used to with JT.

Luiz is still a little suspect for me. Yes he's grown in stature this year and I can imagine him having the armband when just last year such a thing seemed nonsensical, but he's still got that little bit of maturing to do. That shoulder charge against Brentford and even the elbow on Connor Wickham against Sunderland suggest he's got that recklessness still. I love the enthusiasm but it has to be controlled enthusiasm but he's shown an ability to learn from his weaker points though so I reckon he's got a good shout in a year's time.