David Luiz

the wes

As the the most skilled of chelsea's back line, he initiates the plays. Wether he kicks the ball 40 years down the pitch or not is a matter of options; most of the time, he's got no safe option and opponents are closing down. As Chelsea attempt to have more possession, the midfielders will have to constantly move and drop back to get the ball. Perhaps Chelsea thought that often times Arsenal push too many players up leaving their defense exposed to counters and long balls.

Either way, it's all part of the team's strategy as defined by RDM. It's the same concerning freekicks; it's all predefined depending on freekick position. I do agree that a curling ball like Mata did is, in most cases, the better option though. Perhaps Chelsea thought Arsenal GK is not that great...

Forgot to mention this after Saturday. Luiz really needs to stop taking free kicks. He's so poor at it that more often than not, it always go over the bar and way way off target! :banghead:

fucking hate when player proves me wrong :D

You sure you watched the Arsenal game?!

That was a cross, not a direct free kick. Somehow the ball went to the net, a situation that is very common in football: a cross that end up as goal because nobody got a header.

That was a cross, not a direct free kick. Somehow the ball went to the net, a situation that is very common in football: a cross that end up as goal because nobody got a header.

Firstly, you were talking about a "good free kick", which, by my definition, can be either an assist or a directly converted FK. Secondly, it doesn't matter if it's just a cross-like FK, a goal is a goal.

Firstly, you were talking about a "good free kick", which, by my definition, can be either an assist or a directly converted FK. Secondly, it doesn't matter if it's just a cross-like FK, a goal is a goal.

Luiz take direct fk, of course I'm talking about this kind of fk.

The rest of your post has nothing to do with the subject.