David Luiz

the wes

I just laughed when they were blaming him. It doesn't even annoy me anymore. If we keep conceding as little as we have been until now with D. Luiz, people can lable him as the worst defender in the league for all I care.

Most announcers & commentators are a joke. If the team have trouble scoring it's the FW's fault, if they concede, it's the defenders.

Watching United was very telling: Scholes was a genius in the second half, but had nothing to do with the fact United lost the midfield in the first half. :blink: Scholes is a one trick pony nowadays. Announcers should praise his passing (it was fantastic), but they should have also mentioned he did nothing else, esp first half when Spurs won the midfield. Ferdinand will always always lose to Gareth on pace, but he shouldn't have to face him 1x1.

Furthermore, if CBs never made mistakes, games would always end goalless.

There is some sort of agenda going on with Luiz, its getting stupid.

Souness solely blaming him for the goal and not JT, then when him and Ivan had a mix up Alan Smith said "mix up there by Ivanovic and especially Luiz" :wank2:

Forgot to mention this after Saturday. Luiz really needs to stop taking free kicks. He's so poor at it that more often than not, it always go over the bar and way way off target!

Agreed, Mata should take all of them.

Agreed, Mata should take all of them.

No, not just him. Hazard should be taking them too. Have yet to really him taking one, the free kicks that is facing the opposition's goal. Everytime when we get a free kick like that, it's always Luiz who steps up to take it. It's incredibly annoying because with Luiz taking those free kicks, it always feel like more of a hopeful shot than anything else. Doesn't seem to have much technique, accuracy and purpose in it.

No, not just him. Hazard should be taking them too. Have yet to really him taking one, the free kicks that is facing the opposition's goal. Everytime when we get a free kick like that, it's always Luiz who steps up to take it. It's incredibly annoying because with Luiz taking those free kicks, it always feel like more of a hopeful shot than anything else. Doesn't seem to have much technique, accuracy and purpose in it.

And he shouldn't be the one launching those 40 yard passes up the pitch either. He does those long balls forward about 2 or 3 times a game and I think pretty much every single one just turns the ball over to the opposition. On Saturday, he had one particularly awful one that he just lobbed up in the general area of Torres. He's a very good defender but when he tries to be the attacker, well, that's just not his game and it's detrimental to the club, That first free quick Luiz took, I hate when anybody takes those directly on goal. Straight on goal from like 45 yards out. You're not going to score,you're not going to get a corner, if the goalie doesn't handle it cleanly, the attackers are still too far away and the keeper can just pounce on it, you're unlikely to get a deflection. I don't know why people ever go for goal on those.