David Luiz

the wes

Agree. Had a great game. He even surprisingly kept things simple at times during the game!

As you said, the question now is whether he can keep it up with this kind of performance. That's going to be his challenge right now.

I thought the opposite. He made a few very good key plays late, but overall, his positioning was atrocious. He was upfield way too often, drifted off to the right too far and kept trying to bomb the ball forward instead of playing the simple pass. You don't notice it as much when the other team doesn't score, but he needs to stay back and play simple, short passes instead of being caught upfield. He played like a defender late in the game (perhaps because Terry was hurt and Luiz knew he had to cover some for him) and was great in the last 30 minutes, but he needs to simplify his game.

Somenone could explain why David Luiz cant play as DM?

I don't think there is any reason why we couldn't trial him in that position but the only problem is he becomes wreckless at times and will push higher up the park when he should sit back. This could leave us exposed at the back if our centre backs also push up. RDM would need to discipline him in the role.

I don't think there is any reason why we couldn't trial him in that position but the only problem is he becomes wreckless at times and will push higher up the park when he should sit back. This could leave us exposed at the back if our centre backs also push up. RDM would need to discipline him in the role.

I think he could be excellent in the double pivot, but maybe not as the "Mikel," but as the "Lampard."

Mikel - David Luiz could actually be an excellent partnership. Who knows.

I think he could be excellent in the double pivot, but maybe not as the "Mikel," but as the "Lampard."

Mikel - David Luiz could actually be an excellent partnership. Who knows.

People have been complaining about Lampard always going forward, leave spaces behind him and Mikel exposed as well. Same thing likely to happen with Luiz. He has the flair and good ability on the ball but don't think he has the discipline to play in that role.

People have been complaining about Lampard always going forward, leave spaces behind him and Mikel exposed as well. Same thing likely to happen with Luiz. He has the flair and good ability on the ball but don't think he has the discipline to play in that role.

He could thrive. Let's face it, Luiz wants to be MF.

Fullbacks like to get foward - David Luiz likes to get forward. Why hasn't anyone even considered playing him at RB or LB? Personally I believe that Luiz would be worse in the 'double pivot' (oh, how I despise that term) because he would bomb forward all the time just like Lamps. Just like Lamps people would just complain.