David Luiz

the wes

Who would we buy though?Please no Hummels,He is Luiz 2.0

Hummels' positioning is much much better than Luiz. Hummels is also a leader, but that's a discussion for another day.

I would sell Luiz if there is a decent replacement.

We all need to calm down here.The Brazilian has shown us what he is truly capable of and so two bad games doesn't mean that he isn't good anymore or should be sold. He needs to get his act together quickly as at the moment, we don't have many reliable center back options.

Luiz hasn't had 1 or 2 or 3 bad games,he always look extremely sloppy.The only match I have ever felt comfortable with him was vs Napoli at home and against Bayern

Hummels' positioning is much much better than Luiz. Hummels is also a leader, but that's a discussion for another day.

His positioning is good but he always has ridiculous brain-farts.He is a ticking time bomb about to make a mistake like Badstuber.

We all need to calm down here.The Brazilian has shown us what he is truly capable of and so two bad games doesn't mean that he isn't good anymore or should be sold. He needs to get his act together quickly as at the moment, we don't have many reliable center back options.

normally i stay away from the luiz thread because well i dont like him a lot and so i know what i will post, but reading all the posts here i feel we are very hard on him.

Luiz hasn't had 1 or 2 or 3 bad games,he always look extremely sloppy.The only match I have ever felt comfortable with him was vs Napoli at home and against Bayern

He has only had a few truly terrible games and they have always been when he has been paired with Cahill. The same goes for the latter. I don't blame Cahill, just there partnership just does not work, never has never will.

He is phrone to the odd lapse of concentration yes, but when paired with Terry he has had numerous solid matches. His display against City in his first season here was one of the best defensive displays i have ever seen.

He has only had a few truly terrible games and they have always been when he has been paired with Cahill. The same goes for the latter. I don't blame Cahill, just there partnership just does not work, never has never will.

He is phrone to the odd lapse of concentration yes, but when paired with Terry he has had numerous solid matches. His display against City in his first season here was one of the best defensive displays i have ever seen.

I remember his City game, most people on here gave him a 10/10, even without the goal he scored. No one could get past him, it was at that time i thought he will be amazing. Then all of a sudden he started playing shit, then the next season he was horrendous, i only hope he does manage to get back on track.

Think why people are extremely frustrated with him is that he can never get any sort of consistency for a long period and he always keep on making the same mistakes every time he makes one. You would think having been playing in England for more than 18 months, he would have learned but no. We're still seeing him making the same mistake from time to time and I'm not sure we want that because you never know when is he gonna do something silly. We're not hounding him out of the club but what we want is reliability and consistency from him. If he can do that and keep calm on the pitch, then I'm sure he would be a top class defender with all his other good qualities.

Don`t campare mate, you will find it shameful. It is like comparing Luiz with Thiago Silva...

I think David gives us so much, but not on the pitch. If he does not improve immediately, I believe we should sell him to get Hummels, Dede, Ogbonna or Papadopoulos.

@Kojo, The funny thing is he still has games like that now (although not to the same extent as the City one), QPR away this season sticks in my head. He had his fair few last season too and he also has games like that but ruins them with one rush of blood.

The media has made such a massive deal of this its untrue.

Luiz is always judged differently compared to other defenders. I don't know why is everybody so keen to make him look a terrible player, he's done very well so far and I would never change him (or any of our CB's as a matter of fact).

Yes he can frustrate sometimes, especially when the whole team plays bad but remember we all make mistakes.

seems he is being lined up to be the next scapegoat if Torres leaves....perhaps even if Torres stays

Lmao, critcize a player and he becomes a scapegoat immediately. Why is Mata not a scapegoat? Why is Cech not a scapegoat? Why are Oscar, Hazard or Ashley Cole not scapegoats? Even if they have a bad day nobody will consider them scapegoats, because everybody knows how good they are. Cole was not at his best yesterday but we all know how good he is. Luiz, on the other hand, is a different case. He simply is not good enough. Insecure, clumsy, reckless, he makes me nervous everytime I see him on the pitch, especially against United who have brilliant strikers at their disposal.

I don't care if he was good against QPR, he was humiliated by Atletico Madrid and Falcao, he was very poor against Shakhtar too and then the United game yesterday. Three very important games. A good performance against a side which belongs to the bottom of the table doesn't make him a good defender, or good enough for this club. He has to perform against big clubs and against world class strikers, and he hasn't done that this season.