David Luiz

the wes

Luiz is Chelsea's worst defender atm, and every Chelsea fan knows it. The only reason this guy is a fan favourite is because of his funny character.

And I forgot.. he almost scored an own goal too. That really would have been the icing on the cake.

My issue with the guy is that he has the potential to be amazing but quite often he makes decisions that are astonishing. You can't blame him for the second and third though, the second was just an amazing goal and the third was a breakaway from a corner ( i would blame lampard for his causal jogging at the edge of the box). As for the almost own goal, he prevented an almost certain goal, so give him some credit.

My issue with the guy is that he has the potential to be amazing but quite often he makes decisions that are astonishing. You can't blame him for the second and third though, the second was just an amazing goal and the third was a breakaway from a corner ( i would blame lampard for his causal jogging at the edge of the box). As for the almost own goal, he prevented an almost certain goal, so give him some credit.

Are you kidding me? Have you seen that video that I posted above? The second goal was entirely his fault. And where was he in the 3rd goal?

Are you kidding me? Have you seen that video that I posted above? The second goal was entirely his fault. And where was he in the 3rd goal?

Well I'm guessing its the one where he missed the ball and let it roll to Falcao (the video only really shows the goal). Although he made a mistake, Falcao's shot was amazing and i would of put the blame on Cole for allowing that much time and space in the area; he backed off when he should of been closing Falcao down and trying to block the shot.

Well I'm guessing its the one where he missed the ball and let it roll to Falcao (the video only really shows the goal). Although he made a mistake, Falcao's shot was amazing and i would of put the blame on Cole for allowing that much time and space in the area; he backed off when he should of been closing Falcao down and trying to block the shot.

Falcao's shot could have been the shot of the century, it is still Luiz's fault.

Very disappointed in Luiz's start. He was playing much better under RDM last season and I was hoping it was going to continue into this year. There is a lot made of Luiz's propensity to be out of position but I think an equal problem is his wayward passing.

Through the first 3 games of the Premier League, Cahill has completed 94% of his passes, Terry, 92.86%, and Luiz 82.42%. It's symptomatic of Luiz's seeming inability to simplify his game.

Very disappointed in Luiz's start. He was playing much better under RDM last season and I was hoping it was going to continue into this year. There is a lot made of Luiz's propensity to be out of position but I think an equal problem is his wayward passing.

Through the first 3 games of the Premier League, Cahill has completed 94% of his passes, Terry, 92.86%, and Luiz 82.42%. It's symptomatic of Luiz's seeming inability to simplify his game.

If CHelsea wanted a boring side-passer defender, they shouldn't have signed Luiz. If the way he currently plays isn't what Chelsea want, they should unload him, and I think they shouldn't have much trouble finding a buyer.

Now let's assume that Luiz's style *is* what Chelsea was looking for (I mean he plays like that everywhere including Brazil). BTW, Brazil have always employed fullbacks and CBs who make forward runs, like Lucio, with great success. It's all about team mechanics and who covers the runs-not rocket science.

Pointing to individual players in a defeat by 4 goals is really a stretch. If you really want to find a scapegoat, try the midfield, because that's where games are won and lost. Last season the team was compact, and now there is a lot of space. Very difficult for defenders to constantly face FWs.

If CHelsea wanted a boring side-passer defender, they shouldn't have signed Luiz. If the way he currently plays isn't what Chelsea want, they should unload him, and I think they shouldn't have much trouble finding a buyer.

Now let's assume that Luiz's style *is* what Chelsea was looking for (I mean he plays like that everywhere including Brazil). BTW, Brazil have always employed fullbacks and CBs who make forward runs, like Lucio, with great success. It's all about team mechanics and who covers the runs-not rocket science.

Pointing to individual players in a defeat by 4 goals is really a stretch. If you really want to find a scapegoat, try the midfield, because that's where games are won and lost. Last season the team was compact, and now there is a lot of space. Very difficult for defenders to constantly face FWs.

I didn't point to individuals for the cause of the loss, but Luiz was more responsible than anyone. Blaming the midfield because Luiz couldn't make basic tackles and vacated his spot is ridiculous. Brazil have employed fullbacks who make forward runs, but when was the last time a Premier League team had success with those sort of players? You need a solid back line to win in England. Anyway, the problem isn't the running forward, it's picking horrible times to do it. Cahill is a very attacking CB, Terry was always able to get forward, you just have to pick your moments. You can't just run forward because you want to. Also, Luiz should simply not be regularly trying to pick out long passes. Luiz is just not good at it. (Just as he's not good at free kicks but takes them anyway).

he had a bit of a stinker..lot`s did. he hasn`t been in top form yet..

the season is only 5 games old tho and he showed he can be a strong defender last season from about Feb onwards. i used to tear my hair out so to speak over him and considered if we should play him further upfield but he changed my mind on him. i think Cahill has had some poor games too,same with Branislav..their goals do not mask how patchy they have been defensively ..is only the attacking players who`ve played anywhere near how good they can.

they have some time to work on it,i`m not too concerned about it at this time.

I didn't point to individuals for the cause of the loss, but Luiz was more responsible than anyone. Blaming the midfield because Luiz couldn't make basic tackles and vacated his spot is ridiculous. Brazil have employed fullbacks who make forward runs, but when was the last time a Premier League team had success with those sort of players? You need a solid back line to win in England. Anyway, the problem isn't the running forward, it's picking horrible times to do it. Cahill is a very attacking CB, Terry was always able to get forward, you just have to pick your moments. You can't just run forward because you want to. Also, Luiz should simply not be regularly trying to pick out long passes. Luiz is just not good at it. (Just as he's not good at free kicks but takes them anyway).

I hear what you say about what you think is needed to win in England (solid back line), but Chelsea management (manager and coaches) doesn't seem to think the same: not only did Chelsea sign him, but he also starts whenever he is fit.

No he did not have a great game, but defenders rarely do when theirs side loses the midfield esp when employing high defense line.

Luiz is very quick, which adds a lot to the defense because terry is pretty slow (why he can only play with low defense live). Ivanovic is incredibly slow as well, esp for a FB.

Anyway, my point remains if chelsea management did not want a player with Luiz characteristics they'd not have signed him, kept him, nor would they make him a starter.

Luiz had a poor night, much like the majority of the team, but the problems stemmed from the double pivot. I said this last night, some people don't understand that the 4-2-3-1 is heavily reliant on a boxed shape between your two deep centre midfielders and your centre backs. There was no shape last night whatsoever, mainly due to Lampard being positionally suspect and letting his attacking instincts get the better of him. Mikel was often left isolated with Atletico attacking fast in numbers.

Watch the 2nd goal more closely and you'll see Atletico basically walk through Mikel and Lampard with short, quick passing. Any player playing between the lines last night would've had a field day against those two. The first job of the players in the double pivot is to protect the defense, then look to supply the attacking players. We have all these attacking players, but if you don't have a solid foundation to build these attacks from then it's inevitable you will struggle.

I hear what you say about what you think is needed to win in England (solid back line), but Chelsea management (manager and coaches) doesn't seem to think the same: not only did Chelsea sign him, but he also starts whenever he is fit.

Anyway, my point remains if chelsea management did not want a player with Luiz characteristics they'd not have signed him, kept him, nor would they make him a starter.

I agree that that's what Chelsea want, I just think its misguided. I think Luiz would be a fantastic player with Barcelona where defenders can get forward more. In England, he's always going to be inconsistent.