Roman Abramovich Thread

As present, I struggle to see how Roman is going to sell the club unless he comes down significantly on his asking price.

I believe I read somewhere that shares for Man Utd on the NY stock exchange value the club at around 2bn (not sure if this is £ or $) and there is absolutely no way we can justify being more valuable than United.

The stadium is a big issue and whilst the club has become closer to being self sufficient from an accounting perspective, it still hemorrhages cash, hence why Roman has still continued to pump money into the club each year. I can't see how we're that attractive of a buy to people viewing us as an investment, unless someone can get us for closer to £1 - 1.5bn.

Maybe it's cynical or maybe I'm completely wide of the mark with my assessment above, but a part of me does wonder whether Roman's asking price is a means to show willingness to sell but knows he is almost certainly not going to get offered that sort of money, and just buys a bit of time for now.

30 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Think they aren't counting CS. 

they listed it, and it IS a legit trophy, no remotely major (and likely none, period) league or club on the planet doen't count domestic super cups as trophies. Barca, Real, Juve, Bayern, PSG, Inter, AC Milan, AM, Dortmund, etc etc ALL certainly do.

The CS is one of the hardest trophies to win, as just to qualify you have to either win the league (by far the hardest domestic league on the planet) or win the FA Cup, the hardest domestic cup to win

THEN after all that, you have to (normally, and especially if you did not win the EPL) beat one of the best teams on the planets to win it

only people who downplay it are Manure and Pool fanbois, and then only when it comes to us, which is so stupid as we are HORRIFIC in it, (2 wins, 7 losses under Roman) but they hate adding the 2 more (and again, they are legit, they MUST be added) trophies to our totals

Edited by Vesper

Holding off opinions until we hear form this new consortium. The first thing they need to do after taking over is assure supporters that they intend to keep the team competitive at the very highest level. Which means committing to spending money on top class players.