Roman Abramovich Thread

13 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Ditto the women's team Deal breaker for me.

That is one of the things you'd expect to be given full respect at least by American owners given the success and popularity over their own women's football team.

Out of my own curiosity, is it not possible for Roman to inherit the club to Arkadiy, his oldest son?

I mean, that will be extremely insane if Arkadiy have risk of being sanctioned as well, provided he has no relations to Putin?

Even untill now the UK govt still can't build any case against RA. And they have been failing to do so in the past as well.

1 minute ago, Diceflix said:

Out of my own curiosity, is it not possible for Roman to inherit the club to Arkadiy, his oldest son?

I mean, that will be extremely insane if Arkadiy have risk of being sanctioned as well, provided he has no relations to Putin?

Even untill now the UK govt still can't build any case against RA. And they have been failing to do so in the past as well.

He 's Russian and he did n't condemn Putin - only declared he is against the war.
So he is a victim of circumstances really.

Of course the intensity given to the story is a cover up - Putin's pals in the UK were the brexiters and Boris Johnson:

10 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

He 's Russian and he did n't condemn Putin - only declared he is against the war.
So he is a victim of circumstances really.

Of course the intensity given to the story is a cover up - Putin's pals in the UK were the brexiters and Boris Johnson:

So now the sanctions may targeted to ALL Russians regardless they have ties to Putin directly? that's insane. 

Him and RA may not condemn Putin directly but RA statement of donating the sale revenue to Ukraine is actually a big middle finger to Putin, indirectly.

19 minutes ago, Diceflix said:

The impact we would see would be from sponsors not wanting to be associated with us. We'd make pittance compared to the other clubs and it'd ultimately lead to our demise. 

Chelsea's potential Swiss billionaire buyer 'has no great liking for football, is driven to buy by his lack of RESPECT for Putin-linked Roman Abramovich... and WON'T splash out to secure silverware'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10576961/Chelseas-potential-Swiss-billionaire-buyer-driven-buy-lack-RESPECT-Abramovich.html

2 hours ago, Diceflix said:

So now the sanctions may targeted to ALL Russians regardless they have ties to Putin directly? that's insane. 

Him and RA may not condemn Putin directly but RA statement of donating the sale revenue to Ukraine is actually a big middle finger to Putin, indirectly.

I was aghast the way that Welsh so called mp attacked him.
But as effectively we (the west) are at war he is implicated and moral code calls for him to resign although he is innocent.

The club acting more like a Liverpool or a Dortmund or even a Bayern in the transfer market may actually be a good thing. Identifying and signing players who are not hugely expensive but can be turned into superstars with great coaching. Every once in a while you make a huge money signing when needed. Look for top players who are either out of contract or have only a year left. A model that Bayern and Juventus have used for years.

It’s imperative that Tuchel is satisfied and stays for the next couple of years at least during this transition.

59 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

I fail to see how Loutfy Jr (his grandfather, also named Loutfy, the founder, died in 1976) even has the money to buy us.

The richest Mansour in that firm 'only' has around £1.8 billion (Mohamed Mansour, Loutfy Jr's father)

https://www.forbes.com/profile/mohamed-mansour/?sh=573a78744b37

the entire family (multiple members, at least 5 or 6 major people) is worth around £4.5 billion

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

Their vision is to turn Chelsea into a more sustainable club and not run it as a toy, with Abramovich having previously not worried about losing money on his initial investment.

I have no issue with becoming more sustainable. 

One of the biggest things we've benefitted from under Roman is the ability to quickly and efficiently cover up a mistake whether it's a managerial appointment or transfer.

Aiming to be more sustainable should focus the minds for longer term strategy particularly in the scouting of players, and although we may ultimately spend less we should be aiming to be far more efficient in the transfer market.

Take last summer as an example - would we be really in any worse position now if we'd not bought in Lukaku and Saul and instead retained Broja and Gallagher? Hindsight is a beautiful thing and I suppose both the latter have progressed and developed as a result of regular football and their loan spells but even then could we have found an alternative to Lukaku which would have been cheaper but maybe needed time and patience as opposed to what was seen as a 'ready made' transfer.

The same goes for the links in the summer to Tchouameni. Then there was talk of £25-30m. Now it's looking 2 or 3 times that figure. Under Roman, that is less of an issue if it has meant we're now more sure about a player even if the price has increased. Under a different structure we might have taken him last summer if the scouting had identified he was likely to become a potential future superstar.

47 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I have no issue with becoming more sustainable. 

One of the biggest things we've benefitted from under Roman is the ability to quickly and efficiently cover up a mistake whether it's a managerial appointment or transfer.

Aiming to be more sustainable should focus the minds for longer term strategy particularly in the scouting of players, and although we may ultimately spend less we should be aiming to be far more efficient in the transfer market.

Take last summer as an example - would we be really in any worse position now if we'd not bought in Lukaku and Saul and instead retained Broja and Gallagher? Hindsight is a beautiful thing and I suppose both the latter have progressed and developed as a result of regular football and their loan spells but even then could we have found an alternative to Lukaku which would have been cheaper but maybe needed time and patience as opposed to what was seen as a 'ready made' transfer.

The same goes for the links in the summer to Tchouameni. Then there was talk of £25-30m. Now it's looking 2 or 3 times that figure. Under Roman, that is less of an issue if it has meant we're now more sure about a player even if the price has increased. Under a different structure we might have taken him last summer if the scouting had identified he was likely to become a potential future superstar.

We need a technical director for sure now. These owners don't know football. 

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We need a technical director for sure now. These owners don't know football. 

I don't know about Wyss, but at least Boehly has an interest. He has attempted to buy the Sparks (women's professional team) and Chelsea. I hope they can convince Maria to stay for at least the transition.

4 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Their vision is to turn Chelsea into a more sustainable club and not run it as a toy, with Abramovich having previously not worried about losing money on his initial investment.

Boehly is the owner of the Lakers and Dodgers isn't he? That bloke is an absolute Glamour whore. If he is the major owner, he would try and get Mbappe or something, but probably at the cost of the rest of the squad.