Roman Abramovich Thread

On 9/17/2018 at 1:24 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

I worked on the railway for years and I used to see blokes trainspotting with their sons and always felt just because your a sad act why impose your tedious hobby on your kids. I saw a picture of Rees Mug the other day and his son was dressed exactly like his twat of a father and you know that kid is going to be exactly like his dad and that's borderline cruelty :).A 14 year old kid wearing a double breasted suit and looking like he's time warped from the 1930's.

Mate when you were on the railways did you know anyone that was from Peterborough?

Had a really good mate that was a engine driver. Both freight and passenger. But ended up pretty high in the trade union.

Name was Ian Neeve nickname Emu

Great lad. Started the 1st Punk band in Pboro end of 76 early 77 - The Dole Ive still got one of their rehearsal tapes from '.77 along with a bunch of old Billy Bragg cassettes we used to record at his shows Good days.

Met him on my 18th birthday and broke his nose lol Saw him the next lunchtime walking thru town and I appologized for some reason. We ended up going to the pub and getting pissed. Was me best mate for years.

I asked because I know Railway men all seem to know each other lol And Emu died 4/5 years ago with pancreatic cancer. I'd not seen him for a few years but so glad I got to see him 2 days before he passed away. Broke my heart but some things you have to do eh

The Dole

http://www.boredteenagers.co.uk/DOLE.htm

Paging Jim Ratcliffe. Your favourite team needs you to take ownership. Please proceed with all due speed, before Roman's global bank accounts (and quite possible the football club) are frozen and seized.

Bloomberg report that Abramovich has already rejected a bid of £2.3billion and is holding out for an eye-watering £3bn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6206101/Roman-Abramovich-wants-world-record-3billion-sells-Chelsea-wake-UK-visa-row.html

22 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

Roman has done the club's story but it's time he goes.
he isn't a great business man and that it is seen from menagement of the club this last years and from his business extra football where since 2008 he lost a great part of his patrimony.
don't say : " but he is good becouse he in the past has made his own money becouse that is happen in particular circumtances and not in open market".
The request to sell the club is too high, you can't recuve  all money you invest in the club dear Roman overall if that invest and decision often where wrong, 2.3Billion was already an  offer very high, he would have to accept it.
For me the value of the club and the price Roman could ask is around 1.6B, 3.3B he wants is... foolish!

Complete and utter bollocks and there are posters on here who even though English isn't their first language post far more intelligibly then this fucking drivel.

The sods have really got their forks in Roman haven't they. I'm almost willing to say poor sod but I'd swap shoes with him.

Its all obviously politics and we are hopefully not going to be a casualty over it,

I was only talking to me dad at the Pikeys game how he said how much he liked to see him at the games as he saw how excited and depressed he got just like we do, You dont lose them emotions just because you aren't at the ground. And he has only ever done us proud.

I for one hope he can sort this shit out but its going to be a tough one. I know he will do whats best for us - and himself.

Roman Abramovich has been looking to sell Chelsea for a few months because of financial problems. Pini Zahavi has the sales mandate of the club. In early September, a meeting with Paul Allen owner of the Portland Blazers NBA franchise was held in New York.

Paul Allen has a net worth of 20.5 billion USD

https://www.forbes.com/profile/paul-allen/#4bf2854f4417

He already owns the Portland Trail Blazers, Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Sounders FC. Apparently he is considered a good owner. 

18 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

Paul Allen has a net worth of 20.5 billion USD

https://www.forbes.com/profile/paul-allen/#4bf2854f4417

He already owns the Portland Trail Blazers, Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Sounders FC. Apparently he is considered a good owner. 

Well hes got more money than Jim and twice as much as Roman.

On 9/17/2018 at 10:52 AM, Vesper said:

LOLOLOL

funny thing how empiric war mongers get called patriots, and anti-war pols get call called traitors

as for being a 'stupid' leftist, I suppose I am, as at my income level I should be a full stop Austrian schooler, or a Tory rentier income leach

damn shame I had the greed gene bred out of me

my politics are far too diverse to fit into a simplistic left/right paradigm anyway

Someone has surely written a good essay on the unique brand of antagonistic, cynical, and frequently anti-solidarity culture of the English and the Americans (as opposed to unity, solidarity, fraternity, acceptance, true eclecticism, etc.).

Maybe the only things that create solidarity among those on the right (because they would also kill one another within their own right wing tribe) are hate, fascism, xenophobia,  machismo (toxic masculinity, chauvinism), and defense of patriarchal society on the verge of loss and powerlessness (esp. among white men).

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Who is Paul Allen? Billionaire Seattle Seahawks owner emerging as candidate to buy Chelsea from Roman Abramovich

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/who-paul-allen-seattle-seahawks-13323782

American owners are the worst kind of owners just look at United, Liverpool and Roma. We would never win another title if he bought the club. 

36 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

We would never win another title if he bought the club. 

LOLO

Simply because of the owner's nationality??

Purest logical fallacy (uses both Petitio principii and post hoc ergo propter in this case) I have seen in ages

On 9/28/2018 at 2:47 PM, Vesper said:

LOLO

Simply because of the owner's nationality??

Purest logical fallacy (uses both Petitio principii and post hoc ergo propter in this case) I have seen in ages

Yes, their business objectives are diffrent to other owners like Sheik Mansour, Roman Ambramovich and Qatar royal prince. All of them do not mind losing money because its more a vanity project than investment portfolio. Like I said look at Aston Villa, Sunderland, Roma, Liverpool and United those are good case studies of what happens with American owners

39 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

Yes, their business objectives are diffrent to other owners like Sheik Mansour, Roman Ambramovich and Qatar royal prince. All of them do not mind losing money because its more a vanity project than investment portfolio. Like I said look at Aston Villa, Sunderland, Roma, Liverpool and United those are good case studies of what happens with American owners

That's literally the logical fallacy I mean, petitio principii (begging the question), where you assume the conclusion, plus (and even more to the point) post hoc ergo propter ,where you falsely assume that because some yanks have been cheap in the past, that makes ALL yanks cheap. 

It a false equivalency-based broad generalisation.

There are plenty of cheap Arab owners, Asian owners (ask my Baggie friend about those!, lol), etc, to show that just because a person from that background spends freely (like Shitty ownership) does not mean all will. Same for yanks being cheap (AC Milan new owners are an American hedge fund, and they have opened up the pocket book) Paul Allen owns multiple sports teams,and has never shown a tight purse.

Also, other than the first 2 years (2003-2005) Roman has NOT been a big net spender.

here is our net spending under Roman

Transfer spending under Abramovich (net)

2003-04: £151.4m
2004-05: £146.8m

NO MORE BIG SPENDING

2005-06: £51.7m
2006-07: £32.2m
2007-08: £13.8m

2008-09: £12.7m PROFIT
2009-10: £23.6m
2010-11: £94.5m

here is the last 8 years

2011-12: £57.7m
2012-13: £75.8m

2013-14  £47.6m

2014-15  £6.4m PROFIT

2015-16  £2.7m

2016-17  £21.9m

2017-18 £54.1m

2018-19 £75.1m 

total

£328.5 for the last 8 years (365.8m euros)

that's almost a BILLION LESS than the article https://www.talkchelsea.net/news/chelseas-spending-since-2010-has-been-revealed-and-its-ridiculous/ states, the article is tosh clickbait

£41.1m per year net spend on average the last 8 years

total £829.8 m over 16 year time frame that Abramovich has owned us 

works out to around £51.9m NET per year

36% of ALL money net spent was in the first 2 years

take away those first  2 years

the average net spend over last 14 seasons (per year) is £37.8m